Status: Starting stages <3

You and I.

Rosie

I didn’t want to have to admit that they told me so. I didn’t want to have to admit to my family everything they warned me about Dan, but it’s all true. The first sign of commitment sent him running to the hills, leaving me with a broken heart and a baby on the way.

I was stood outside my dad’s house, hoping Jamie would answer the door but to my luck it was Jane who opened the door to see my teary eyed and runny nosed state. She crossed her arms and gave me a knowing look. I sighed and went to ask if I could see Jamie but no sound came out when I tried to talk. I cleared my throat and started to talk again.

“Can I speak to Jamie please?” I asked, still a little more shaky than I would have liked.

Jane nodded and moved out of the way, telling me to go through to the kitchen and that she would go and get Jamie herself. I sat down at the kitchen table and shrugged my coat off. I combed my hand through my damp hair from the rain outside and waited for Jamie to arrive.

“Coffee sis?” He asked when he did come through. He shut the door so no-one could hear what was being said between us.

“No thanks, just water.” I said, thinking to the small formation in my belly.

Jamie poured me a glass of water and I sipped at it while he made himself some tea. He sat down opposite me and took a sip of his drink before he began talking.

“So, what’s wrong?” He asked.

“Just Dan.” I said, Jamie looked at me, wanting me to expand, “I’m pregnant and he doesn’t want it so he’s basically left and now I’m all on my own.” My voice cracked a little bit, but I willed myself not to cry.

“Hold on, you’re what?!” Jamie exclaimed, I shushed him so that Jane wouldn’t hear what was going on.

“I’m pregnant.”

“Jesus sis, that’s mental.” Jamie said, “And he’s just left, without a reason?”

“He said that he couldn’t do it because he’s in a touring band and he’d never be there for the kid and it wouldn’t know who he was, which is fair enough but he didn’t even wait to try and sort things out.” A stray tear fell down my cheek and I made an effort to not show it, but Jamie saw and grabbed onto my hand, “I just thought he was different, you know?”

“I know sis, but you need to give him time.” He said, “Just text him and tell him that you two need to talk about this, sit him down and tell him how it’s going to be and that you still want him to be a part of your lift and your baby’s life.” He stopped to sip his drink, “Maybe he just needed time to come to terms with the fact that you’re going to have a baby, it’s all very quick after all.”

I smiled at Jamie, “You’re a star, you know that?” I said.

I got up and dumped my glass of water down the sink. I put my coat back on and grabbed my bag, giving Jamie a quick hug. As I went to leave through the front door, Jane came out of the living room.

“Aren’t you going to tell me what’s going on?” She asked, leaning against the door frame.

I turned around and crossed my arms over my chest, “I’m pregnant.” I said, “Can I go now?”

Jane looked horrified and quickly launched into a rant of why this was such a horrible situation to be in and how Dan would be an awful father and how I needed to get myself out of this situation.

“I think maybe you should let me speak?” I stopped her, “First of all, I know this situation isn’t ideal, I know that my boyfriend, is away for most of the year and is busy and won’t have much time to spend with his baby, but there is no doubt in my mind that he won’t do the best job he can at being a father.” I said, “I love him too much to give up on everything we’ve done to get to this point and I’m sorry if it doesn’t suit what you think is right, but you need to wake up and realise this is 2011 and things are different. This is how I’m choosing to live my life, this is my life not yours and this is the way I’m choosing to live it, I don’t tell you how to live your life so you shouldn’t tell me how to live mine.”

Without another word, I left the house, pulling out my phone as I did. I tapped in my message to Dan and sent it, suddenly feeling liberated.

Dan, we need to talk.
Come to mine whenever you can; we’ve got to sort things out xx
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Rosie owned Jane! WHOOP!
Comments please?
<3