Status: Starting stages <3

You and I.

Rosie

A date. A real date. To a fancy restaurant. To say the least I was pretty nervous as I shakily curled my hair after my shower. I don’t know why I was so nervous, I mean, Dan and I had been texting and talking on the phone practically non-stop since our coffee date a week and a half ago and I always felt like I could be myself when I was talking to him. But as soon as it came to face to face meetings, I would clam up, just like this, and no doubt, at some point tonight, I would make a complete fool out of myself.

After my hair was done, I sat down and spread most of my make-up out; spending a good 20 minutes trying to decide what would make a good impression. I decided on a smoky eye, you can’t really go wrong with that, I feel. It took me another hour and three attempts at my make-up to finally dub my face ready to go.

I dressed pretty simply, in a white flowy top and some dark skinny jeans. I didn’t want to over-do it tonight, I wanted to look dressed up, but not too dressed up as to scare Dan off. I didn’t want to look to over-done, if it turned out we were only going to go to pizza hut or somewhere – not that I minded, as long as I got to spend time with him, I couldn’t care where he took me.

Dan was at my door in no time, which surprised me, because we’d arranged to leave at 6 and the last time I’d checked the time, it was only just gone 4.

“You look lovely, Darling.” He smiled at me as he gave me a hug and placed a bunch of beautiful flowers in my hands.

“Oh you didn’t have to!” I exclaimed, running to get a vase of water for them so they didn’t wilt.

“Well, if you don’t mind me saying so, the very small part of your apartment I’ve seen seems a bit dull, so they would lighten it up a bit.” He smiled, rubbing the back of his neck, like it was his nervous habit or something.

“Well thank you, they’re lovely.” I smiled, setting them on the kitchen worktop, making a mental note to move them later, “Shall we go?”

He led me to his car and it took almost no time at all to arrive at a small Italian restaurant.

“I thought I couldn’t go wrong with a bit of Italian.” He smiled as we sat down, “Everyone loves a bit of pasta.”

I laughed and looked over my menu quickly before ordering a glass of white wine to go with my food.

“So, how did you actually get into make-up?” Dan asked as he sipped on his coke.

“Just like any normal girl I suppose. When I was fourteen I watched so many youtube make-up video’s that I just decided that was what I wanted to do with my life.” I smiled, picking at a small bread roll from the bread basket we’d been given.

“You seem to love your job.” He smiled.

“I love my job.” I said simply, “It’s where I feel most like myself.” I smiled, “Other than when I’m around you, of course.”

He raised his eyebrow, like he wanted some sort of explanation, “Like, I don’t know, I just feel like I can be myself around you.”

“Well, I’m glad.” He smiled, thanking the waiter as he put our food down.

“So, I’ve been meaning to ask you, what are all your tattoo’s about?” He asked me as she ate his spaghetti.

“Oh, the butterfly behind my ear is for my mum, she passed away last year and she always told me she’d come back as a butterfly in her next life, so I wanted to always have her with me.” I smiled, thinking about my mum.

“That’s beautiful.” He smiled, “Do you have any other’s apart from that one and the one on your wrist?” He asked.

“I have one on my hip, but only special people see that one.” I winked, causing his to laugh, “My wrist one is actually pretty funny.” I smiled.

“What does it say?” He asked, taking my wrist as I went to pick up my wine glass, “Life is very beautiful.” He read out, looking at me for an explanation.

“Katherine Howard said it before she died.” I said, obviously not having a guy who’s as obsessed with The Tudors is confusing, “She was Henry the eight’s fifth wife, and she said that before she got her head cut off.” I smiled.

“I see!” He laughed.

We shared ice-cream for dessert and then he took me home, walking me to my door and everything, so I thought it was only nice to offer him inside for a while.

“I really shouldn’t.” He mumbled.

“Go on, just for a cup of coffee, that’s all.” I smiled, leaning against the door, almost too seductively.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh! Things are heating up!
Myself and Laura would love some comments!

Rosie's dinner date outfit!