The High School Years of Elizabeth Miller

Night

“How did you even find out about this Noah?” I asked him in the car, riding to the party. Luckily for us we wouldn’t be dropped off by our parents to our first ‘real’ high school party, which according to Noah was a horrible freshman mistake to do.

“Sierra found out about it.” He said, gesturing to his sister. She’s a junior, and didn’t really talk to us freshman much. To be honest, I was pretty surprised she invited Noah, who then invited Marissa and me, to the party.

She pulled up outside the house it was at, or well technically near the house it was at. The entire street was filled with cars, and all in the grass of the house. We could hear the music from inside the house already, and the cars looked lit up from the light.

I glanced over at Marissa who was sitting next to me, and saw her nervous expression. Noah was ecstatic; he grinned at us from the front passenger seat and whooped. “Ready for this?” He asked excitedly, so I gave him an uneasy small grin.

“Be back at ten thirty.” Sierra told us as we all got out of the car. “If you’re not, I’m assuming you got your own ride home. See ya’ kids.” She left us, heading over to another group of teenagers heading up to the party.

I stood outside the car shivering, and glanced down at my jeans and plain sky blue shirt. The other girls heading up had on mostly dresses and shorts; how they weren’t freezing I had no idea. I peeked at my cell phone and saw it was nine thirty.

Noah had already started walking up to the door, so Marissa and I followed uneasily after him. He reached the door first and held it out for us. I walked in first with Marissa trailing behind me, and paused as I walked through the door. ’Woah.’

It was crazy. There were at least twenty kids dancing, but many more were standing around talking and making out. A large table had been set up along a side wall, filled with drinks and other snack foods. Other doors were open, and kids were going in and out of them to other rooms in the house.

I moved out of the way so Marissa and Noah could come in, and walked to the side of the room. Marissa had an expression like I imagined mine was right now, scared but excited. Noah walked up to where the two of us were standing. “What can I get you ladies?” He asked gesturing like he was a waiter. I laughed at him, and pointed at the table, where many teenagers stood between us and it.

“Good luck getting there.” He gave me a grin at that comment, and held up a finger in a ‘give me a moment’ meaning. I watched him make his way slowly to the table, then back to where we were still standing. He held up three sodas.

“Duh, course I can.” I looked at him in exaggerated awe, and he smirked and handed me the drink. I grinned and took a sip.

It would be an interesting night.
♠ ♠ ♠
word count: 536
... yes I know it's not long ;_; nor on time sadly. I was planning on writing it yesterday, but got distracted by the internet. :( It happens a lot, sadly.

So, to hopefully make up for it the next day's { was supposed to be today's, but I'll write it tomorrow because I'm tired /lazy } chapter is the second part to this one hopefully, and an introduction to another character if I write it right :D So, yeah sorry. :(

And I totally thought of an awesome idea for a story like this one! "A Drabble a Day Keeps Writers Block Away." :D:D:D Hehee yeah, so corny but kind of cute I like it. (: Feel free to steal it if you want.