Forever Be My Lullaby

one

Year: 1906. Today was the day of Edward Anthony Masen's first piano lesson. He was waiting for his mother and for some reason he felt nervous as well. Questions ran threw his mind. Will I do well? What if the teacher doesn't like me?

"Let's go Edward," said his mother. To his surprise the piano lesson was just next door to his own home. His mother knocked on the door and a woman who looked his mother's age came out. The lady greeted them and led them inside.

"Hi, my name is Edward Anthony Masen." Edward said with a hand shake. "What a dashing young boy you are. My name is Mrs. Wynters. I have a daughter that is about the same age as you, but she is not here at the moment. Come this way."

Edward and his mother followed Mrs. Wynters into a room that had a black grand piano. This was Edward's first time being so close to one.

They started the lesson, Edward's mother was smiling at the sight of her precious son concentrating on learning the notes. The lesson ended an hour later. "Edward is a brilliant student and learns very fast for a child his age. Bye Mrs. Masen, bye Edward. I will see you again next week for another lesson."

As soon as they walked out of the door, a girl came running with a big smile on her face.
"Mommy!" The little girl ran to Mrs. Wynters and laughed. "How was your time at Abigail's house?" "It was really fun! We played with dolls and had a tea party!." Mrs. Wynters laughed at her daughter. "Anastasia, I would like for you to meet Edward and his mother Mrs. Masen. He's learning piano just like you." Shyly turning to Edward and his mother, Anastasia introduced herself.

"Hi my name is Anastasia, and I'm four years old." She gave Edward a big smile. "Hi my name is Edward, and I'm five years old." Edward returned her smile. "Well, I must get home and cook dinner. See you next time Mrs. Wynters and Anastasia," said Edward's mother.

Edward bid the both of them farewell and went home. His mother started making dinner so they could all have dinner when his father got home. "How do you like piano so far?" Asked Edward's mother. "I really like it and can't wait till next week." His mother went back to making dinner. Edward started reading a book on piano keys and how to read the clefs.

It has been a week since Edwards last piano lesson and today would be his second lesson. He also wanted to meet Anastasia again. During this lesson Edward's mother did not stay because she had to go grocery shopping.

Since Edward had been doing his piano homework he learned everything and Mrs. Wynters was really impress. When the lesson was over, Edward hoped he would see Anastasia, but he didn't. The lessons went on and this time it was three lessons a week.

Every time Edward came for a lesson Anastasia wasn't there and it was like that for months. Edward asked Mrs. Wynters about Anastasia and she said that Anastasia is currently taking ballet lessons. Then one day when Edward went to his lessons, Anastasia was there.

"Hi Edward." Anastasia said cheerfully. "Hi Anastasia." "Do you like playing the piano?" Asked Anastasia. "I feel very smart because I can read the notes on the music sheet," boasted Edward. "Anastasia it's time for your ballet lesson." Mrs. Wynters said.

"Bye Edward." "Bye, Anastasia." They both smiled at each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter will be in Anastasia's point of view and it will take place a couple of months before Edward gets the Spanish Influenza.