Forever Be My Lullaby

two

I have never been this nervous in my whole, not even when Edward and I went out on our first date. Now I feel really stupid for auditioning to play Odette in Swan Lake. "Where is Anastasia?!" Why are they calling for me every ten minutes? "I'm right here Director." I said coming out of the dressing room after putting on my outfit.

"Thank goodness. The performance starts in twenty minutes and remember that people from Julliard are here." "Yes ma'am."

Great that just added more pressure on me. Even though Julliard had only been open for a couple of years it was already a well know performing arts school. I started taking deep breathes and went over my routine.

"My beautiful ballerina." I turned around and saw Edward standing backstage with a bouquet of roses in his hands. I took the roses from his and gave him a hug. "Thanks for giving me these before the performance starts because if I make a mistake and then get these I'd be really sad." Edward then made me look at him. "You are going to do just fine and if something does go wrong you can blame your partner." I smiled at him and gave him a kiss.

"You should audition for Julliard too. I mean you have amazing piano skills." "Your skills are better than mine, but here you are doing ballet as you audition." I rolled my eyes and smiled once again. "We should audition as a duet. The ballerina and the pianist." I suggested. "That's a nice idea, but I don't know if we can do that." He said while laughing at my pout.

"How do I look?" I asked and stepped back so Edward can see my appearance. "You always look like a goddess." He said with a playful smile. "I'm serious Edward. Today is a really big day." I gave him a stern, but playful glare.

"You look amazing and as a ballerina people should judge you for your skills not looks. I remember someone telling me the same thing." He said while pretending to remember who told him that quote.

"You should go back to your seat." Both of used walked out and I took my position on stage while Edward went back to his seat. As the music started and the curtains open all eyes were on the stage. I started dancing. The performance was coming to an end and my partner and I took our final pose. When the music ended people clapped and cheered.

As I walked off the stage my Director came to me and introduced my dance partner and I to the Julliard directors. "Both of you did a wonderful job. It was an amazing performance. I hear that both of you are trying to get into Julliard." Both my partner and I nodded our heads. "Well there is no need to worry because, congratulations and welcome to Julliard." With those words they walked away.

We gave a big smile to each other and hugged. I then went to look for Edward and my parents. Edward's parents couldn't come because his father had caught the Spanish Influenza. I know that he's pretty upset, but he's acting happy for me. I found them and gave my mom, dad, and Edward a big hug.

"I got into Julliard!" My mom squealed while my dad and Edward congratulated me. My parents told me to go change so we could go out to dinner. We went out and ate at an Italian restaurant. Before we had dessert Edward said that he had something to tell me.

He took my hands into his while I stood up. Then he got down on one knee and tears ran down my face. "Anastasia Celeste Wynters, we've known each other since we were little kids and as we grew up we realized that we loved one another. You are the love of my life and my only love. Will you marry me?"

"Yes." He stood back up and kissed me. We broke away when my parents cleared their throat. My mom started crying and said that her baby was growing up to fast. I think as manly as my dad is he was about to cry too.

"Edward, should we go visit your dad. I mean he's really sick, but I want to see my future father in law." There was sadness in Edward's eyes. "I mean we don't have to, though I really want to." "We should go visit him, and I think seeing you would bring life into my mother's eyes." He whispered sadly. I gave his arm a gentle squeeze and he looked at me and smiled.

When we got to his father's room, his mother was right next to him in a hospital bed. Then the doctor came in. "Hi, I am Dr. Carlisle Cullen." The doctor looked too young to be a doctor. "May I ask what is wrong with my mother?" It pained me to see Edward this upset. "I'm sorry to say that Mrs. Masen had caught the Spanish Influenza while taking care of your father." Edward's face was like stone and that was when he broke down.

He sat in the chair and cried. Seeing him like this made me cry too and the fact that his parents were like my own parents it made the pain worst. I hugged Edward and told him that it was going to be okay.

After twenty minutes Edward's mother woke up and saw Edward and I. "Edward, Anastasia. What are you doing here?" Edward rushed to his mother's side and held her hands.

"Mom, you said that you wouldn't catch the influenza like dad!" Edward said while crying. "Sweetheart, please don't cry on such a happy day. You just got yourself a beautiful fiance." His mother smiled while holding his hands. She then looked at me and caressed my cheeks. "I hope you make Edward happy." Edward looked at her.

"Mother do not say those words because you and father are going to get better. You always said that you couldn't wait until Anastasia and I got married. You and father are going to be there."

"Edward, dear. I am going nowhere and neither is your father. Please don't cry Edward and you to Anastasia. I have to see my grandchildren have grandchildren before I'm going anywhere. So, Edward take Anastasia home because I think she needs a lot of rest." Edward and I bid his mother farewell and walked out of the hospital.

We both looked at each other with tears staining our faces. The walk home was very quiet. He walked me home and gave me a kiss on the forehead and headed home. My parents were already asleep. I walked into my room and stared at the photograph of Edward and I. Tears started to run downs my cheeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sorry for any mistakes.