Forever Be My Lullaby

four

"That bastard! He bit you! My name is Adrian and I won't hurt you." Adrian picked me up and checked the wound on my neck. The speed at which he ran was not humane. After thirty minutes of running we reached an apartment complex and the pain was getting worse. Adrian opened the door and placed me on a bed.

"I know that you are in pain right now. Okay, please don't freak out when I tell you this because you are turning into a vampire. The guy that bit you in the alley was a vampire and after the pain subsides you'll be one too. Oh, and I am also a vampire, but I only drink animal blood. So please don't worry and can you tell me your name." I told him my name. I was in so much pain that the only thing I did was nodded and squeezed his hand.

Adrian told me the transformation would take about three days. I laid in bed in pain, but I never screamed. Each second that passed by felt like a year. At the end of the third day the pain started dying down. Everything was clearer and it felt so new. My body felt relaxed and energized. Adrian helped me as I got up.

"How do you feel?" He asked me cautiously as if I was gonna snap any minute. "I feel fine, but my throat burns." I said and touched my neck. "Right, you are a vampire. Just so you know we're gonna be hunting animals not humans. It might be hard to control yourself though." The thought of killing a human made me feel a little sick.

"We're gonna hunt in Canada. There's a lot of deer and moose there." I looked at him confused. I mean how in the world would we catch those animals. "How are we gonna get to Canada and how are we gonna catch the animals?" I asked.

"It's night time so it'll be okay if we run. I guess you didn't know that vampires have super strength and speed," said Adrian as if it was the most normal thing in the world. I just said oh and we both were running into the night.

When we got into the forest we ran into a herd of deers and Adrian showed me how to hunt. He chased a deer and pounced on it and bit into its fur. Slowly the deer fell to the ground and Adrian released the now dead animal.

"Its easier than it looks, but hey I've been alive for almost half a millennium." He chuckled at me and rubbed his stomach. "Your turn. Just sneak up on it and pounce, then sink your teeth in." I felt like a lion that was about to have it's midnight snack.

I found a moose and chased after it. When I jumped on the moose it keep resisting and thrashing about. That's when I bit into its fur and the warm blooding rush through my mouth. I drained all of the moose's blood and stood up.

Adrian started clapping, "You did very well; just like a natural, but you should wash your face. You look like a kid who played with her mother's makeup." "Hahaha, very funny," I said sarcastically.

The both of use ran to the nearest lake and I checked my appearance in the water. "Wow." I whispered. Even though there was blood smeared all over my mouth I looked gorgeous. "Adrian why are my eyes red while your eyes are gold?" "Most newborns have red eyes and if they keep feeding on human blood there eyes will stay red. If you drink animal blood your eyes will slowly turn gold like mines. We should get back to the apartment."

"I need to get back to Julliard though. I missed a couple of classes." I said. "I'm sorry, but you can't go back because you might not be able to control yourself and hurt everyone." He said sincerely. "Does that mean I can't see my parents either?" I asked sadly. Adrian nodded his head and hugged me telling me that everything was going to be alright.

"Can you do me a favor?" I asked Adrian when we got back to the apartment. "Sure." "Can you check up on my parents and ask them about Edward Masen? Give them these letters please." I handed him the letters and looked at my engagement ring. Adrian looked at me, "Of course, but we have to find a story about you going missing or maybe your death. I'm really sorry Anastasia." I sighed and looked out the window.

Adrian left and I was alone by myself in the apartment. Nothing felt different even though everything was different. I am no longer human. Never in my mind would I imagine of becoming a vampire and living on blood as a life source. I was very upset to know that I would never be able to see my loved ones again; especially Edward. My Edward Anthony Masen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting darknesslovesme021.