Forever Be My Lullaby

five

"Adrian, where are you?!" I yelled searching for my so called father in our current home. Adrian and I bought the house that my deceased parents and I use to live in. The sad part about it was that Edward's house was next door, but no one lived there. "I'm in the living room watching a football game." I never understood about men and their obsession about sports. Sighing I ran down and sat right next to Adrian.

"Have you ever thought about finding your other half? I mean aren't you 532 years old." I teased him. "Looks who talking. Do I need to remind you that you are 110 years old young lady." He laughed at my pouting face. I stuck my tongue at him and walked to the black grand piano. The piano reminded me about Edward and how we use to play duets just for fun. Even though its been ninety three years I still love him, but he died those ninety three years ago.

When we moved back here the piano was amazingly out of tune. I laughed at that thought because Edward would always make a face if a note was out of tune. Lifting up the lid; I ran my fingers across the keys and started playing the lullaby Edward had written me. As I played if I was human the whole room would have flooded.

Then there was a knock on the door. "Hey Anastasia, a friend of mine that I have not seen in a century is coming to visit in a couple of hours and he's bringing his whole family." I sighed and said okay. Adrian understands how hard it was for me to get over Edward's death. I even thought about ending my own life, but with Adrian that would be impossible.

The sun was setting and I decided to go hunt to get my mind off of the past. I ran to a nearby forest. Sniffing the air I could tell that there was a herd of deer nearby. After a nice meal my phone rang.

"What do you want Adrian?" I said into the phone. "My friend is here and I would like you to meet him and his family." I could hear talking in the background. "Okay, I get back as soon as I can." I started running back to the house. While I searched for my key the door opened revealing Adrian with a smile on his face. Adrian and I walked into the kitchen.

I gasped as soon as I came in. There he was. Edward Anthony Masen was sitting right there in front of me. The both of us continued to stare at one another. "Edward," that was the only word that had managed to escape my lips. Adrian gave me a look. "Wait is he Edward Edward?" I slowly shook my head.

Edward got up and started walking towards me. "Anastasia." I missed the way my name rolled of his tongue. The whole room stayed quiet until the human girl talked. "Edward, love who is she?" Did she just say love?! I looked at her for a second and back to Edward. A shiny object on her left hand caught my attention. "Congratulations." I chocked back 'tears' and ran up to my room.