My Supernatural Romance

Seek And Ye Shall Find...

As the car came to a skidding halt at the bottom of the embankment, the car doors swung open and flung out all four of them. Lindsay smacked her head on a rock and was knocked out. Dean went rolling into a tree and was also unconscious. Sam hit his head on the door as he flew backwards leaving Vee the only conscious one remaining.
“Guys?” She said loudly. “Guys, you okay?” Suddenly a hand was put over her mouth and her shocked scream muffled as she was dragged backward through the bushes. Dean was the first to regain consciousness, but had become disorientated from a concussion. He began to wander further into the forest, looking for the others. Lindsay was the next to wake up. She felt the back of her head. Her hair was matted and sticky, she presumed from blood, but it was healed, just as she suspected. This demon power thing did come in useful sometimes. She looked down and noticed her skirt and top were ripped.
“Great,” she grumbled. “At least my converse are okay.” She looked around her, all she could see was the impala with all four doors wide open and Sam curled up with his back to her. She tried to stand but she was shaking too much. Instead she crawled over to Sam, covering her hands and clothes with more mud. She shook Sam to try and wake him up.
“Sam, c’mon,” she mumbled. Sam groaned and sat up, holding his head.
“Why do I feel like I have the worst hangover of my life?” he complained.
“’Cause we all just got flung out of your brothers car?” Lindsay suggested. Sam looked at her.
“Oh my God, your head!” Sam said, looking at where her hair was stained red.
“It’s fine, it’s healed.” Lindsay reassured him. “I’m more worried by the fact that we’re the only ones here…” Sam looked around suddenly. He clambered to his feet and helped Lindsay up.
“Dean?” he yelled. “Vee?” Lindsay walked around the car, still shaking.
“Guys c’mon! this isn’t funny!” She shouted. All of a sudden, Dean came stumbling through the trees, causing Sam and Lindsay to jump. Sam ran over as Dean swayed slightly.
“Dean you okay?” Sam asked worriedly. Dean looked at him, confused.
“Dude I’m fine, where’s Vee?” he asked. Lindsay looked around.
“Vee?” she yelled. “Violet! If you don’t get back here right now…” Something rustled in the bushes next to the car and the three of them turned to face it. Lindsay took a step forward toward the trees.
“Vee?” she said uncertainly. A bird flew out, scaring them. Lindsay’s eyebrows knotted together in confusion, where the hell was Vee?
“Sam, what’s happened on this stretch of road?” She asked urgently.
“Uh, well cars keep going off the road and its always girls, there’s no explanation. There’s been ten girls in the past year alone.” Sam said.
“Well, any haunting on this road?” Lindsay pressed. “Anything that could help us find Vee?”
“Well depends how far we’re going back here, people have been dying on roads for years, it could be any number of people.” Sam said. Lindsay rolled her eyes at him.
“Who’s died on this stretch of road? Pretty recently, I guess. And, there has to be some connection between these recent deaths, ghosts aren’t random!” Lindsay argued. “They follow rules godammit!”
“Well there’s one girl, Jennifer Large, died out on this road a couple of years ago. A girl hit her when she was on her cell phone…” he trailed off as Lindsay’s face paled.
“Linds?” Dean asked.
“Vee got a ticket for being on her cell up here a couple of weeks ago,” Lindsay told them.
“So we know who’s got Vee,” Sam said.
“Yeah but we don’t know where, or how we’re going to fix this, with no car and no way of getting to the cemetery wherever this bitch is buried!” Lindsay said heatedly.
“Um, St. Catharine’s…” Sam said.
“That’s not too far from here.” Lindsay said. “About, 20 minutes?”
“Right, I’ll go look for Vee. You two, get to the cemetery and burn them bones.” Dean said, starting into the woods as Sam and Lindsay stumbled up the side of the embankment. The ground was the last thing Dean saw before he blacked out.