Status: Complete

Clothing

And, well, a nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse.

Eve and I continue to hang out. In fact, once we got over the insane awkward day or two after the panty-sharing, we are closer than ever. We hang out just about every day, and even Larry tries to meet up with us on the weekends. George has even stopped calling me. I've been ignoring him, since his party. I think he has given up. I hope so. No one really knows about what happened between us. They just know that everything is different now.

And it is different. When I told her that I could never hate her, I realized that I could really never hate her and I was not only saying it to make her feel better. I meant it. She means so much to me.

It took about a week and five days to tell her how much she means to me, and I was given a kiss on the lips for that. It was better than any other kiss I have ever received, and my greed for kiss after kiss became irrelevant. As soon as she put her soft, thin fingers to my lips to stop me, I immediately asked her to be mine. And she said 'yes'.

We have not told any one yet, and it has been almost a full month. I am not surprised at all that we have made it this long. Everyone said we would be friends forever-- I'm sure they never thought we would get together. If we care for each other and have potential to be friends forever, why not get together?

I cannot believe it took me so long to get it. It was so obvious, and I was just so oblivious. It all makes sense now, though. And, well, a nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am going to reiterate this for a second because it is important. "A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse" basically means (in this story) that if someone implies something, not everyone will catch on. Eve and Mary obviously like each other, and Eve decides to step it up and come up with a game that will help show how much she cares about Mary. It just so happens that Mary does not understand, and she finds the whole situation becoming more and more awkward until she discovers that her feelings are more than 'just friends'. This old English proverb has more than one meaning, so I put a spin on it for this story.

Okay, this is the official end. It is short because there is not much to say. I think it is short and sweet, and that is what I wanted in the beginning. Anyways, thank you Queen of Hearts;, stary_night_blossoms, & AnimeLove. And a even greater thanks to everyone who has commented and who will comment.