Sequel: Ocean's Burning
Status: Complete! Please check out the Sequel!

Disenchanted

Chapter 15

Kitty held her phone in her hand. The house was now silent, as she laid in the bed above Ginny’
She lay on her stomach, starring out the window at the snowy fields, the moon. Wishing Christmas Day would come sooner. She smiled, Draco promised as soon as he had opened the present he would apparate into town and give her a ring. She sat with her chin resting against the back of her hands, starring out the open window, not minding that the cold air was hitting her strongly, she knew Ginny wouldn’t mind, for she was closest to the fire place. Kitty just wanted midnight to pass quickly so she could get the phone call.

Letting her eyes flutter open, Kitty groaned, as she was still met with darkness, for her first glance was to the window. She stared wide eyed however as she met a pair of large eyes, that blinked rapidly, before the owner hooted loudly, and lifted a clawed leg to her forehead tapping roughly.

“Sorry.” Kitty whispered, and sat up quickly, startling the owl momentarily before it hooted and hopped onto her knee, holding up its leg where attached was a small package. As Kitty untied it, the owl gave her a bored look. When she was done, he cooed once more and flew out the window with a ruffle of black and white feathers.

Glancing down at her mobile, Kitty immediately felt disheartened. 2:30 the phone rang, meaning Draco had already gotten her gift and had called. Her frown deepened, when she saw the 1 missed call on the front of her screen. She sighed and glanced at Ginny who was still asleep, and due to the silence as was the rest of the house-hold.

Biting her bottom lip, she glanced down at the plainly wrapped package that lay on her lap, before she tugged at a simple silver string, and quietly ripped the wrappings.
She let out a soft giggle, when she spotted the gold wrapped candys in a pretty bag with a black bow. She hesitated for a moment, before she opened the bag gently and unwrapped a single one from the bunch, and popped it into her mouth.

She glanced back into the box with a crooked look of curiousity as she pulled out a simple chain from the paper, where at the end was a golden cage the size of half her pinky, where a gold encarved owl stood in it’s tiny perch, where it flapped its wings, causing Kitty to let out a small sigh of content. The only feeling that came across her was ‘Delight.’

Draco sat in his bedroom, ignoring the distant voices of his Father and Mother’s guests, as he stared at the small frame that held a picture of Kitty. It was taken by a Wizarding Camera, it was a moving photograph of Kitty at age eleven in Diagon Alley, accompanied by her parents and Hermione Granger. They were getting fit for their robes, before the young odd girl who was sucking on candy came out, bearing green robes. Before Granger yelled at her silently in the picture, ‘Slytherin’, was recognizable from the mouthing, and Draco chuckled as the girl stared with horror at the camera, before charging back into the room to change. The picture then changed to a recent one of Kitty, where she was holding the Slytherin crest as she stuck her tongue out at him and waved.

Draco picked up the small letter that was in the box, that read I think I always knew, even when I was little that I would have a future thing for a Slytherin. Happy Christmas, Kitty J.
Draco then picked up another small envelope, which he tore open and stared at the contents confused. He picked up another small note; I figure that you would hate going into Muggle towns, to get Muggle money, to use a Muggle Communicating device, used by Muggles. So I’ve cut it one short. This card has Muggle Money, when you want to call, you swipe it, and voila, that is it.

Draco rolled his eyes, and stared down at the chain that hung from his neck, and smiled when he read Delight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I came up with a really cool idea for Draco's present to Kitty; more explanation on the two chains coming up in the next chapter, or the one after that.
I would really appreciate comments readers. I got two last time. I'm on a roll with writing, so feedback would be great