Sequel: Ocean's Burning
Status: Complete! Please check out the Sequel!

Disenchanted

Chapter 16

Kitty sat in the living room of the Burrow, beside Tonks, as she payed close attention to the conversation going on between the members of the Order of the Phoenix.

“Harry, has it occured to you, that Snape was simply pretending to-”

“To offer help to Malfoy to find out what he was doing?” Harry finished for Mr. Weasley, glancing at Kitty, watching as she played with a new chain around her neck, “I thought about it, but why would Snape have made an unbreakable vow?”

“Lucius and Snape were always friends,” Kitty started, watching as Harry rolled his eyes, while Tonks gave the boy a strict look, motioning for the girl to continue speaking, “Malfoy’s father is in Azkaban, I would imagine that Lucius would want someone to protect his only son-”

“So, Snape is protecting him, but Malfoy’s dark, his whole family is, how can we trust Snape-” Harry continued.

“It isn’t our business to know, Harry.” Lupin said harshly, turning around, his back to the fire-place, “It all comes down to whether or not we can trust Dumbledore’s judgement.”

“Dumbledore, can make mistakes.” Harry tried, “He’s said that-”

“You are blinded by hatred Harry.” Lupin pointed, “Don’t deny it. We know Malfoy is dark, but suspecting him to have replaced his father in Voldemort’s outer circle, is ridiculous. He is just a boy.”

Kitty resisted the urge to nod her head, and instead focused her gaze on her hands.

“I’m not,” Harry stated, “Why else would Snape-”

“Harry, enough.” Kitty finally snapped, causing the adults to stare at the girl, “Dumbledore, that’s all we need to know.”

“And what about Malfoy, we just forget that his parents are Death Eaters, he could be one!” Harry exclaimed, starring at the girl with hatred.

“Like Lupin said.” Kitty said thickly, “He’s just a boy.”

Tonks, gripped Kitty’s forearms gently, to calm her down, before the girl left the living room.

~*~


Draco gripped his wand tightly in his hand and took a deep breath, before he apparated into the
deserted town. He stood in the middle of the snowy square, glancing around him, his face sweaty, his hands trembling. Gazing to his left he let out a strangled gasp, the store where he had gotten Kitty’s presents, now hollow, yellow tape covering it and preventing entrance. She, the woman who owned the store, turned out to be a witch. A strong supporter of the Order of the Phoenix, of Dumbledore, and strongly believed that Voldemort would be defeated.
In the end, it was the end of her.
From his bedroom, Draco had overheard plans that his Aunt and Greyback had. Something about visiting the Weasley house, knowing that Potter would be there, and wanted him to wander off.
He shook his blonde hair as light rain began to fell from the dark sky.

~*~


“Kitty, your muggle contraption is ringing!”
“Oi! Kitt! What would happen if I turned this thing into a parrot-”

Kitty snatched her mobile away from the twins who laughed loudly as she held the precious article in her arms as it buzzed and rang, before Mr. Weasley could question her, Kitty escaped out the back door with a sheepish grin, and stood walking towards the field.

“Hello-?”

“Are you out of the house?”

Kitty frowned at the sound of Draco’s exasperated voice, his breathing harsh, “Draco, what is it?”

“Are you out of the house?!” Draco snarled dangerously, his hand was shaking as he gripped the telephone, “Kitty, listen to me-”

“Yes, I’m out of the house, what’s wrong?”

“Walk far away from the house...Do it!
Kitty, stared hesitantly back at the burrow, before walking towards the field, as she pressed the mobile tighter against her ears, she heard Draco mumbling darkly under his breath.

“Is there anyway I can come get you.” Draco stated, causing Kitty to stop walking and stand in the tall field.

“Why, would you need to-?”
“They’re coming to try and get Potter.” Draco said, his lips pressed in a line, the moment the words left his lips.

Kitty who had continued walking stopped, and stared back at the Burrow and then up at the sky, that slowly grew darker, “And you expect me to run away?” she whispered gripping her necklace, “I’m not that type of person Draco. Understand that.”

Back in the phone booth, Draco kicked at the door angrily, “Kitty please, just listen to me.”
Kitty made an agitated noise as she froze to the spot, glancing around her as she heard the familiar sound of someone apparating.
Draco, over the loud sound of rain hitting the phonebooth, listened carefully as the girl took a sharp breath.

“Kitty, listen to me, if something happens, ru-”

STUPEFY!”

As the spell hit Kitty square in the chest, the mobile flew out of her hands landing a few feet away, along with her wand. Immobile, but able to see who had hit her, she stared with her frozen eyes, horror evident to her, but to Bellatrix Lestrange who stared, she saw nothing.

“Mudblood Brat.” Lestrange spat, sneering with a cackle, exposing dark teeth.

“HARRY!”

Kitty stared unblinkingily, as Bellatrix let a large creepy smile grown on her face.

~*~


As Draco did his best to be quiet as he entered his own home, he gnawed on his bottom lip quietly as he could, shutting the door. Once closed, he managed to take five steps towards the stairs, before he had a wand jabbed into his jugular.

“Draco.” Narcissa whispered darkly, “Where were you?”

Her son stared at her, with unsure eyes, as his rain sopped hair tickled down his neck. He cleared his throat, but did not answer.
Narcissa gave her son a disgusted look, and let her thin hand run across his cheek quickly, knocking his head to the side, where he gazed at the door with longing.

“Your Aunt made curious discoveries.” Narcissa said turning away from her son with a disgusted stare.
Draco had no choice but to follow, his cheek stinging as walked a step behind his mother.

“Bella, found a curious thing in your room, when she went looking for you upon returning from the Blood Traitors house.” Narcissa said pushing open the door to the lounge, the only source of light was the fire place glowing.

Draco stared hesitantly as Bellatrix turned towards her nephew, “Were helping itty Potter and his friends Draco?”

Narcissa stiffened beside her son and stared at him, “What-?”’

“Quiet Cissy.” Bellatrix hissed, “Well Draco-”

“I didn’t help Potter-”

“Oh, no?” Bellatrix snapped leaning towards Draco with a look of repulse, “The muggle born that was staying there, seemed to know we were coming.”

Draco immediately tensed.

“Speaking on those bloody Muggle Contraptions.” Bella said in a mocking high pitched voice,
“Spoke your name once or twice into it, before we stunned her. Is this her in the picture with her muggle parents, and mudblood friend?”

Draco averted his gaze from his aunt to the moving pictures in her hand, which he noticed were singed.

“Are you going to protect her Draco?” Bella taunted removing the photographs from his gaze, “You’re going to do what you can with your new power.”

Draco didn’t answer.

“Don’t be stupid.” Bellatrix hissed at the boy, “This will only cause more problems for this family, and we don’t need that.”

Narcissa hung her head at her sister’s last words, before glancing at her son, “Draco, did you call her.”

Draco didn’t answer, but his silence was good enough.

Bellatrix cackled angrily, “Why didn’t you just apparate and bring her here.”

“Calling or getting her, wouldn’t have changed anything.” Draco hissed, causing his aunt to stop her madness to stare astonished at the boy, “You didn’t retrieve Potter for the Dark Lord, either way.”

Bellatrix said nothing, but stare at the boy, who had always adored her, and turned to her sister, “You dare allow him to speak to me that way?”

Narcissa stared at her son with caring eyes, “He’ll understand soon enough, Bella, nothing needs to be done.”

“Oh no?” Lestrange said stepping towards the boy, and starring him in the eye, “Lucius would beg to differ.”

Draco flinched at the sound of his father’s name, “He isn’t here.”

“Enough Draco.” Narcissa snapped, watching as her sister’s temper flared.

“Let me teach you a lesson Draco.” Bellatrix, “Or rather your Mother.”

Draco glared hard.

“We are of a different breed, we are pure, we mustn’t meddle with other’s who could pollute our magical blood.” Bellatrix sighed madly, “If I see the girl, well, she won’t be as lucky as you are.”
Draco made a movement towards his Aunt, but was stopped as Narcissa pulled out her wand, and with a pained cry, “Crucio!”

From his dazed state on the wooden floors of his own home, having been struck down by his own mother, Draco awoke, to the sounds of screaming in his head. His eyes gazed around the dark room, the fire glowing. His body ached, a scratch now on his face as he dragged himself towards the fire, where he froze. The fire cackled and he swore loudly, as he saw the face of the girl he loved burn.
♠ ♠ ♠
D:
I just wrote the BIG turn for the sequel :[
*Comments are greatly appreciated*

this is the link the sequel! start subscribing if u want! :]
Ocean's Burning