Sequel: Ocean's Burning
Status: Complete! Please check out the Sequel!

Disenchanted

Sectumsempra

please read author's note



“Katie!”

Harry watched as his friend bounded from his side, and ran towards Katie Bell who was surrounded by fellow students, questioning her. Katie gave her young friend a tight hug, before looking up and seeing Harry, knowing exactly what he was going to ask. Kitty left the duo, and walked towards the doors of the Great Hall, seeing a blonde head coming towards her as she exited. Alone in the entrance hall, Draco greeted her with a smile and innocently squeezed her hand as she offered him a larger smile.With a slight tug, as he let go, she rolled her eyes as she was pulled back in. Walking a few feet from each other, Hermione gave her a knowing look and rolled her eyes behind her issue of the Daily Prophet, as Ron stared with a jaw dropped, before the bushy haired girl gave him a nudge. Kitty was about to open her mouth to speak, when Draco stopped walking, accidentally causing her to walk into his back. Peering over his shoulder, she watched as Harry and Katie stared at the petrified, wide eyed, pale blonde. Draco made a movement to leave, but stopped meeting the dark haired girls gaze, filled with hurt and betrayal.

“Draco, you said-”

“Kitty,” he said sternly watching as Harry looked as Katie gave Draco a curious stare.

“Draco, y-you said you didn’t do it-” she whispered as he began taking steps back.

“Stay here Kitt.” he hissed at her, before he made his way towards the grand doors again.
Watching with a worried face as Harry went walking after the Slytherin, she slid into a bench beside Ginny and across from Hermione and Ron, both who had the same looks on their faces.

“What?” Kitty said, her brows pushing together.

“Kitty, Draco, he’s not a good person, why can’t you see that.” Hermione whispered at her friend, putting down her paper.

“He’s not all bad Hermione,” Kitty said with ernest.

“But Harry did see him go towards the loo’s at the pub.” Ron said watching as his friend went from a face of worry, to one of hurt.

“Why don’t you guys believe me?” she whispered.

“Because of what we’ve seen.” Hermione said back with an exasperated sigh.

“And you’ve seen that he hasn’t hurt me, in any way.”
“It doesn’t change the fact-” Hermione began to insist, but stopped short as she watched Kitty walk out of the Great Hall, her face contorted into confusion.



MURDER! MURDERER IN THE BATHROOM!

As Kitty walked onto the seventh corridor she stopped, just like many students around her, and listened to the wails of Moaning Myrtle coming from the nearest boys lavatory. Not listening to her sense that told her to go back to the Great Hall, she followed the few students that dares to walk further down the hall, and stopped by others who were outside the boys bathroom.
As students shoved around her, Kitt couldn t help but stare in awe and such un-certainty as the blonde boy whimpered as blood spilled from his chest, face and arms. Kitt gazed terrified, as Moaning Myrtle wailed and squealed, “Murder!” as she floated through the wreckage that was now the boys lavatory.

Kitty remained frozen as she was shoved aside by a 7th year, “I m going to get Snape.”
She pulled her gaze from the injured boy who s whimpers were making her heart ache, and stared at Harry who was standing unsure to the side of the bathroom, mumbling under his breath. In his hand, was the god awful book Hermione and Ginny would go on rants about.
Looking back down, she met Malfoy s stare.

“Out of my way.”

Kitty watched as Snape made his way towards Malfoy, while Harry and the other students watched terrified. Snape performed the countercurse three times before he gently lifted the blonde haired boy into a sitting position.
Never, had she seen the boy infront of everyone, look so scared, worried, and with tears pooling out of his gray eyes. But as the students whispered around her, his eyes remained on hers, hers so bright and innocent. Her stomach was cramping with worry as she watched Draco s eyes squeeze shut out of pain, before letting them flutter open again, as he stared hard at her. All she wanted to do was race towards him, and hold him tight, kiss his lips, and tell him it would be okay. But infront of everyone, she couldn’t.

“Stay here Potter.”

All of the students watched, standing on there toes as Harry remained silent, not acknowledging the Professor s request. Snape tucked his wand away, he heaved gently and set Malfoy into a half sitting position.

“Hospital Wing.”

They all watched as Snape supported Malfoy and limped him out of the bathroom. Pushing past her, Kitt stared after Professor Snape, who stopped momentarily as Malfoy spoke sofly, before he turned to the brown haired Muggle Born. With hatred that made bumps rise on her skin, and her skin grow as pale as Draco Malfoy’s.

“Ms. Jenkins follow me.”

Kitty sucked in a breath, as students whispered around her, and she slowly walked towards them slowly.

“Walk faster.” Snape snapped at the girl who immediately raced towards them, taking Draco s other arm and slinging it under over her shoulder. The trio walked silent down the halls, and towards the infirmary, where Snape pulled Kitty’s grasp from Draco and walked inside, slamming the doors behind him. She stared after them, not going after out of fear. Instead, she took a seat against the window just outside the doors. Trying to hear, if anything at all what was going on inside the hospital.

“Miss. Jenkins.”

Kitty pulled her gaze from the courtyard below and stared uncertainly towards Professor Snape, who held an unsatisfied look on his face.

“Yes Prof-”

“I do not know what Mr. Malfoy has told you, and I hardly care, because it wouldn’t be of any importance to you.” Snape hissed at her, “But I highly suggest that you stay clear from the young man, because he has more important matters to attend to.”

“Sir-”
“He will not agree to this, but I m warning you now, Miss Jenkins, if your interference becomes more of an issue, their will be serious consequences.”
Kitty watched with terror, as Snape left the hall, his dark robes trailing behind him like smoke.

“Miss. Jenkins?”

Jumping at the sound of the matrons voice, Kitty turned towards the doors where Madame Pomfrey stood with an unsure look as she gazed at the scared looking girl.

“Mr. Malfoy requested your presence.” the women said as she gazed at the girl who nodded slowly.

Kitty walked into the room, starring around unsure, until she saw a curtain draped around one of the beds, shielding Draco.

“Professor Snape insisted the curtain.”

Kitty nodded and smiled at the matron, who shook her head and left the room. Kitty walked slowly towards the curtain pulling it aside, holding in a small gasp that wanted to escape her lips.
Draco lay on the bed, cloth wrapped tightly over his chest, arms, neck and part of his face. His eyes were closed, but she could see the movement of his eyes under his lids. He was not asleep.
Silently, Kitty took a seat on the bed side chair, and watched the boy carefully. His hand lay closest to her, and she hesitantly took it with both of hers, watching with sad eyes as the boy slowly gazed at her.
She let her eyes graze once over at his bandaged chest and towards his slightly scratched face, where he watched her carefully, as tears welled in her eyes, as she let a delicate hand pass over the injuries.

“What did he do?” Kitty whispered as Draco gripped her hand.

“Potter came into the bathroom, saw me at the sinks, and most likely, like the rest of this bloody school, wanted me admit to cursing Bell.” Draco sneered.

Kitty let out a deep breath, “Well, he didn’t need to do that. It was out of line.”

Draco scoffed, “Defending the enemy?”

“I have no enemy,” she said softly, pulling her hand away from his face and back towards his hands, where she cupped his scratched one, and gently let her thumb run over the inside of his hand.

Draco let his eyes close once more, and pictured his pale, tear stained face just as it had been when Potter entered the bathroom.

“I”m going to go, okay?” Kitty spoke suddenly, causing Draco to open his eyes, and as Kitty looked into them all she saw was fear.
Draco stared at the girl, fear beating in his chest, as she made a movement to get up, but he grasped her hand tightly.

“You don t believe them do you?” Draco asked slowly.

“I don’t know what to believe, but I do believe that this is your situation.” Kitty whispered softly, watching as Draco’s nostrils flared with annoyance.

“You’re leaving now because you re scared? Of what follows me?” he hissed at her, the grip on her hand loosening.

“That s not it at all,” she spoke softly sitting on the edge of the bed.

“Then...?” Draco pushed.

“I am choosing a side.” she said looking at him intently, “And its yours, but not your Dark one.”

Draco watched her carefully, and smiled unsure.
Kitty gave his hand a tight squeeze as she let it sit on her knee, and let her had rest against his pale forehead, pushing away his blonde hair before she leaned down and pressed a kiss to his forehead. Draco sighed at the contact, letting his eyes close, before he opened them again, and smiled when they were nose to nose.
“I’ll be back later,” she said softly kissing his nose, “I promise.”
Draco said nothing, but just brought her closer, closing the space, by placing his hand on the nape of her neck, smirking as he caught her lips in a small kiss.
Kitty chuckled, and pecked him three times, one last long one that had him leaning up, ignoring the pain of his cuts, before she pulled away and gave his hand a tight squeeze.



“Harry.”

Harry, Hermione, Ron and Ginny glanced up as the Common Room door opened and their stood a flushed looking Kitty. Her mind was racing at the side she had chosen, but half of her was still loyal to her friends. Then the angry side of her flared, at what Harry had done to Draco. Harry stood up as the girl walked across the empty, apart from quintet, Common Room, and watched as she stood before him, oblivious to the fist at her side.

“What Kitty-?”

“Why’d you hurt him?!”

Harry grabbed his nose as Kitty let a swing at him.

“What-!”

Ow-!”

“Kitty are you mental-!”

Hermione held back a sobbing Kitty, who was shooting tear stained daggers at Harry.

“He was attacking me!” Harry groaned as Ginny quickly mended his nose.

“What spells did he use!”

“Kitty!” Ginny and Harry said in exasperation.

What did he use?” she hissed at him.

Harry groaned, “Stunning Spells, Body-Binding. But before I hexed him, he was about to yell the Cruciatus Curse.”

“But he didn’t did he.”

“He was about to Kitty,” Ron tried to reason, at the frustrated girl.

“But he didn’t, because of me!” she cried out, “Because of me, he won’t hurt you. And you shouldn’t have hurt him.”



Kitty ignored the sound of the dormitory door opening gently with a whine, as she laid on her stomach on her bed, starring out the window into the dark sky and towards the lake with a tired frown placed on her face. Directly after dinner, she had walked back up to the hospital room. But was ushered out after 15 minutes, because Madame Pomfrey casually and persistently insisted that Draco needed rest. After a quick kiss, and a hand squeeze Kitty had departed.

Hermione approached her friend cautiously; knowing in her heart, but not wanting to admit it, that she above all had taken things too far. And now, Kitty was out of the loop. Because they had pushed her.

“Kitty,” Hermione whispered, touching her friends hair gently, “I-I want to apologize, for underestimating Draco, even though he could’ve seriously hurt Harry, he held back.”

Kitty remained silent, but turned to her friend, and stared at her with lost and cold eyes, before they welled up with tears.

“Oh, Kitty what is it?” Hermione whispered and took a seat beside her friend, who’s mind was racing.

“He has a mission. He was chosen.” Kitty whispered, with terror.
Hermione’s eyes widened with terror, and she took a scoot back from her friend, and stared unsure.
“W-what?” Hermione resisted the urge to cry out for Harry, and make Kitty confess once more.
But her friend’s pale hand reached out and snatched the bushy haired girls wrist.
“Hermione you can’t tell a soul.” Kitty spoke urgently and softly.
And as Hermione pulled her wrist back and left the dormitory. Kitty’s heart began racing, out of fear of betrayal.
Hermione’s heart and mind was racing, for the hole she had just dug herself in.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am terribly sorry for the lack of delays; I'm officially a college student now, I'm in my third week, and I'm still getting adjusted.
So that's partially the reason for me not updating, I also have been having severe writers block for this story; all my effort and ideas are now and will continue to lead towards the sequel which I am trying to make as epic as possible, and longer then this story. Hate to say this, but Disenchated is almost over :

So I apologize now if things seem rushed.....Also, I know Draco and Kitty's relationship seems rushed.... this story isn't realistic, I write it merely for pleasure, and entertainment for others... And like I said, the rest of this story will be rushed, its really almost done.... But I PROMISE that the sequel will be at a more Realistic Harry Potter pace :D That I can absolutely ensure!

So please subscribe to the Sequel, and comment! :]

Hope to hear feedback

xoxo drea