Sequel: Ocean's Burning
Status: Complete! Please check out the Sequel!

Disenchanted

Chapter 1

Like her classmates, Katherine Jenkins stared at the dark sky that stared down below at the moving Hogwarts express. Hard rain pattered dangerously on their now foggy windows. And like her, they all stared hard, trying to figure out if their was fear was causing them to see things, figments of their imagination that fed off fear and would appear out of the fog. Each classmates thoughts of horror was exactly the same.

“Stop starring Kitty, you’re going to give yourself nightmares.”

“Don’t be dramatic Hermione.” Kitt pulled her gaze from the window, out of fear, not from her friends words, as she swore she saw a dark cloak in the fog, “I don’t have nightmares anymore.”

“Mhmmm,” the bushy haired girl hummed with an eyeroll, “And Ronal isn’t a pig when it comes to food.”

Kitt let a small smile pull at her lips as the ginger haired boy seated next to her gave an unsatisfied grunt, before slowly falling back asleep.

“It’s what everyone’s doing Hermione,”

The two girls turned to their last companion, who was starring out the window with cold eyes.

“Well it doesn’t mean that she should,” Hermione said in a flustered tone as she put down her copy of the Daily Prophet and stared incredulously, “She’s just going to scare herself as usual.”
Kitty gave her friend a quick eye-roll, “Asking me to stop my imagination is like asking you to put down every book you find fascinating.”

Harry offered a small chuckle as Hermione gave a huff through her nose and shook at the Daily Prophet once again. Kitty crossed her arms and gazed the moving pictures on the paper Hermione was holding.

“It’s starting all over again, isn’t it?” Kitty said sofly as she tilted her head to the side, her brows meeting in the middle as she frowned with worry.

Harry and Hermione looked at her, and the other girl folded her paper and let out a gasp at the article her friend had been trying to read.

“This is dreadful, when’s the ministry going to understand that Muggle Born’s aren’t safe anymore, they have to act instead of hiding.” Hermione said with a heave of a sigh as she read a loud, “Local Ministry authorities are baffled and disturbed when the Muggle Prime Minister announced that a local hospital in South London was set a blaze, nurses, doctors and patients left to die inside. As Auror’s soon discovered over half of the patients that were Muggle Born, and their carers Muggles. It is clear to see that things are going to be just as they were years ago- Who wrote this article, not a sensitive phrase- Oh, Rita Skeeter.”

Kitt slouched further into her seat as Hermione handed her the paper muttering under her breath, before she let out a violent swing of her feet, kicking Ron Weasley square in the shin. Kitty tuned out Ron and Hermione as the bickered loudly, and read over the article again, pausing at the sight of the pictures, the burning Hospital, families crying and the Dark Mark hanging over head.

“I’m going to go get some food, does anyone want anything?” Kitty spoke as her and Hermione stepped foot into the compartment, all four of them now dressed in their uniforms.

“I’ll go with you,” Harry said quickly.

Together the two Gryffindor’s walked carefully through the corridor greeting old classmates, jumping out of the way as first years adorned with the Weasley Twin’s products came running towards them, moments later they stopped at the trolley matron.
Kitty, smiled as she paid and quickly unwrapped her sweet, and stuck the butterbeer flavored lolipop in her mouth with a smile, as she waited for Harry to ask for his snacks. She pulled out her sweet with a curious frown as she watched Harry stare with a frown into the the compartment nearest them, where inside, sat Ginny and Dean, huddled closely together. Kitty rolled her eyes and nudged Harry in the arm causing him to let out a grunt, before he glared at his friend, who stare back innocently, the lolipop placed back in her mouth as she smiled.

“Still hanging out with Riffraff I see Potter. The weird girl? She must be excellent company.”

Kitty turned around with her lolipop pressed to one side of her mouth, and frowned as she excepted the nasally voice to come from Malfoy, but she frowned deeper, when she spotted Blaise Zabini, another Slytherin, sneering at her, and Draco Malfoy standing a few feet away with a bored expression on his face.

“He get’s the inspiration from Malfoy,” Kitty said with a blank look as she innocently ate her candy, “We all envy him.”

Harry chuckled from behind his friend and placed a hand on her shoulder as Blaise glared at her, “Don’t talk to me again Mudblood.”

“Then don’t address me in the first place,” Kitty said blinking at him with a smile, “I thought hatred would cause you to come out with more insults. I’m astounded.”

“Why you little-”

“Leave it Blaise,”

Kitty stared with narrowed eyes as Draco finally spoke, shoving passed Blaise and motioning him to follow. Draco stood over her, he wasn’t sneering, glarring, he merely gazed at her momentarily, before shoving Zabini ahead of him, “C’mon we’ve got more important things to discuss.”

Kitty made a movement to walk in the opposite direction back towards her friends, but Harry not following her kept her in place. The Boy Wonder stared after the Slytherins as they walked further down the train.

“C’mon Harry,” Kitty insisted, tugging at his sleeve, “We’ll be arriving at school any minute now, he’s not, they’re not worth it.”

“Aren’t you the least bit curious,” Harry asked with out looking at her, his voice full of longing.
She gave him a serious look, “No.”

“I’ll see you later.” said Harry under his breath as Ginny pulled open the compartment door with a curious look on her face.

“But-”

“Later.” he whispered her, and walked away, Kitty watching with a frown as he pulled out he tried to be subtle, while pulling out the invisibility cloak.
♠ ♠ ♠
i got 1 comment and a few subscribers so i was happy with that :]

so things will be going slowly, but they're at hogwarts now, so things will be picking up. i just want to take my time with the plot :]

So Please Comment and I will update again soon