Sequel: Ocean's Burning
Status: Complete! Please check out the Sequel!

Disenchanted

Chapter 19

“Draco, what’re you doing, I thought you were hurt-”

Turning with terrified eyes, as the cabinet began to work, he walked towards Kitty who stood at the entrance of the Room of Requirement just as the door was begining to close and grabbed her shoulders.

“What are you doing here?”

“What are you doing?” she asked with a soft terrified voice, the smell of her cherry candy hitting his nose gently.

Kitty knew things wouldn’t be the same.
Draco was to be discharged from the Hospital Wing, later tonight. But as she sat in the Common Room, hours before, a dazed Harry pulled her aside with Ron and Hermione. He was grinning. And Kitty stared unsure.

“What’s going on?” Kitty asked, glancing at the thin watch on her wrist, and then holding the necklace tightly in her palm, thinking late.

“Harry’s got a mission with Dumbledore.” Ron said observing his friend, who continued to be dazed.

At Ron’s words, Hermione’s eyes shot to Kitty, who immediately paled.

“And he’s taken the liquid luck.”

“And you three, with Ginny need to share the rest.” Harry said seriously for a moment, pushing the small bottle into Hermione’s grasp, “Things can change dramatically if they go correctly. It could be the end of Voldemort.”

Kitty’s eyes squeezed shut, as she thought of the change that would happen dramatically.

“So you’ll drink it.” Harry said his eyes bouncing over each of his friends
Ron and Hermione nodded. While Kitty nearly shut her eyes once more.

“Good.” Harry grinned, “I’ll see you. And remember watch Snape, Hermione.”

Kitty watched as her friend left the Common Room, and watched as Ron and Hermione swallowed their share of the potion. Before Hermione pushed into her friends hand.

“No.” Kitty said, “I’m not going to.”

Ron threw his hands up in exasperation, as Kitty pulled Hermione into a hug, “I won’t take it. I’m technically apart of it, right.”

Hermione stared at her friend in shock, “Kitty, you’re better then that you won’t risk it.”




And as Kitty Jenkin’s stood in the Room of Requirement, she wished she hadn’t risked it at all.

“You can’t be here.”

“You’re doing it tonight?” she whispered and pulled away from his grasp, as tears pooled in her eyes, “Now.”

He closed his eyes as the girl shied away from him, hitting a table and knocking goblets over,

“Kitty, listen to me-”

“You can’t do it, I know you won’t.” she whispered at him, “You won’t do it. And I won’t let you, you won’t be a murderer.”

She flung her arms around him sobbing into his neck.

“I have to,” he whispered back at her hiding his own tears in her hair, as she pulled away and gently touched his face, her small hands holding him gently, her thumbs wiping away tears.

“They’re already here, let’s leave, let’s run away.” she begged tugging at his hand, with urgence and fear, “Let them do it.”

“I can’t, he’ll kill my Mother, if I run or don’t do it.”

He’ll kill you.” she whispered to him.

Draco turned away from the scared girl with horror as the cabinet ticked its final and he pushed Kitty away, hiding her behind him.

“Stay quiet,” he hissed at her, as he pushed towards a large table, “Don’t come out until we’ve left the room.”

“Draco-”

“Promise me.” he stared at her, kneeling in front of her, as he gently held her face between his cold hands. With trembling lips and wide terrified eyes, as a familiar cackle filled the room she nodded. With terrified eyes, Draco pressed his lips tightly against hers, treasuring the small moment of affection, both closing their eyes, before he stood up and covered the table with the cloth.

Kitty sat on all fours gripping her wand tightly in her hand. Tears were streaming down her face as she recognized the voice of Bellatrix Lestrange. The voice that haunted her since she had come across her at the Ministry of Magic the previous year.

“Sleeping children,” a raspy male voice spoke.

“No Fenrir! Not tonight, you know that.” Bellatrix cackled, as she skipped around the room. Under the table, Kitty was shaking with fear as she covered her mouth tightly with her own hand, as the heeled boots came close to her.

“Well done Draco,” one of the Carrow s spoke, “You’re father would be proud.”
Kitty s stomach dropped, as tears slid down her face, hitting her dry and chapped lips. He doesn’t want this.
Draco starred at the siblings, and turned his gaze towards his aunt at the deranged werewolf,

“Let’s go.”

Trembling with cold and fright, Kitty let out a sharp breath as the footsteps stopped right by her hiding place, and she froze as the cherry candy slipped passer her lips and landed on the hard floor.
She trembled violently and covered her mouth as she began to cry when she heard the werewolf start sniffing. Tears blinded her as she heard one of the death eaters speak Lumos and she saw the large shadow of the man on the other side of the cloth.

“What is it?” Draco spoke nervously.

“What is that smell?” Bellatrix asked in her high voice.

“Cherry.” Fenrir spoke with a raspy grunt, “Candy.”

Kitty was sobbing silently as she saw the deformed hand lightened by the wand come towards the table and grasp the bottom of the cloth-

“Leave it Greyback,” Bellatrix snapped, “Probably a rodent.”

Draco let out the breath he had been holding and walked along side his aunt as they left the room, before the door shut, he gaze once more at the table where the girl he love laid hidden.



Kitty ran past screaming and terrified first years that were huddled together as Auror’s fought against a lone Death Eater, who sneered as he spotted her, “Filthy Muggle-Born!” and shot a curse at her which she dodged quickly, and shot a stunning spell hitting the man directly in the chest.At the foot of the Astronomy tower, she jumped up the stair case, praying silently that he was still there.
She stopped quickly at the open door way, as she heard Dumbledore speaking slowly to Draco. Glancing up, she saw Dumbledore cornered against the thin balcony.

“I can help you Draco.” Dumbledore whispered.

“No you cant. No one can.” Draco said, his wand shaking as he kept it pointed at the tired Headmaster, “He ll kill me if I don t, I’ve got to.”

“No you do not Draco,” Dumbledore tried again, fear evident in his voice.

“I have to, I was chosen, out of all others me!” Draco hissed tears in his eyes and Kitty watched silently as he pulled up his sleeve and showed Dumbledore the mark, and she cried harder.

“She tried to help you Draco, why didn’t you let her?” Dumbledore whispered.

“I couldn’t have let her get involved.”

“Ah, but you did. She could die, tonight, if not after, because of what you will do now, kill me, and no muggle born will be safe.”

“Shut up!”

“Draco, please let me help you-”

“I don’t want your help! Don t you understand? I have to do this.” he cried, “I have to kill you. Or he’s gonna kill me.”

Kitty cried softly as he whispered words that could determine his fate.

“You’ve got him cornered Draco! Bravo!”

The door was kicked open and Kitty shrank back, as thunderous footsteps surrounded her ears, and she gazed up. Watching as Draco glanced down, lowering his wand, his Aunt forcefully pushing it back towards Dumbledore. As he glanced down, Draco spotted her. Hidden in the shadows dirt over her face, her wand shakily pointed at a clueless Bellatrix who had no idea. He met her eyes, his grey tired eyes, filled with terror, as he shook his head.

Kitty almost let out a scream as a hand pulled her towards them, and lowered her wand, and immediately a hand covered her mouth. Glancing around her, she spotted Harry, who shook his head, half of himself covered by the Invisibility Cloak. Draco, still unnoticed by the others, glared at Harry, while Kitty whimpered. Draco pulled his eyes away from her and met Harry s, with disgust and a deep breath, he nodded, and immediately Harry covered her with the cloak.

“Do it Draco! Now, you’ve got him!”
Harry covered her mouth tightly as she made a movement to expose themselves, as Draco cowered back, his wand hand shaking dangerously.

“He can’t do anything, just like his father.”

“Shut up!” Draco snarled, glancing with hatred at the werewolf.

Kitty turned to Harry, about to motion him to do something, when she spotted someone behind them, who immediately reached for the cloak, and pulled it off. Kitty and Harry stared at Snape, who had his wand pointed at them before he pulled a finger to his lips, motioning them to remain silent.

“Go on Draco! Do it now!” Bellatrix exclaimed.

Kitty turned around, again and Snape was gone.

“Draco, now!”

“No.”

Kitty froze when she saw Snape now directly infront of Dumbledore. Draco moved out of his way, immediately shoved to the ground by Grey back who held him down, his foot on his back. Kitty pulled away from Harry and walked towards Draco, who stared directly down at her, through the hole in the floor. Tears were in his eyes and she reached towards his face-

Avada Kedavra!”

Draco gave her a look of sheer terror as he was pulled from the floor, frozen Kitty looked to where Dumbledore was standing, to see him no more.
She stared as Bellatrix shot the Dark Mark into the sky, screams errupting from the castle, before running towards the stairs as the Death Eaters fled.



Draco walked, his aunt and Snape on either side of as the walked down the hall towards the Great Hall. He constantly glanced behind them, thinking he was hearing footsteps behind them. He stared as they walked through the Great Hall, as Bellatrix cast spell after spell, watching as the candles blew out, plates smashing into a million tiny pieces

“Come on Draco,” Snape hissed grabbing the blonde boy by the nape of his shirt, as he tried to sneak back, “Leave her behind.”

No! Draco yelled pulling away from his Guardian, but was pulled outside either way, “She has to be hidden, he’ll kill her!”

“She’s like every Muggle-Born in the world Draco,” Snape his pushing the boy ahead of him glancing back as he saw two figures heading towards them, “She has to die!”
Running as quickly as her legs could carry her, Kitty ran, her wand tightly grasped in her hand, as she ran towards the hooded figures and the blonde boy. Harry was yards behind her, yelling her name telling her to come back. She was just about to reach them, when she saw Bellatrix pull out her wand and set Hagrid’s hut on fire.

“NO!” she screamed.
At the sound of her voice, Draco stopped running and stared with horror, as Bellatrix stared at the girl who was running, seeming to recognize her from the picture, she cackled loudly as Kitty sent Dolohov flying back with a bright blue spell to the face.

“Lookie Draco, the Mudblood brat!” she called shrilly as she pulled out her wand and aimed it towards the girl, as Draco called out as she went flying back, with a shot of green light. Draco ran passed his aunt towards the girl who lay writhing on the floor her eyes squeezed shut as she cried louder and louder under the Cruciatus Curse.

“Bella enough!” Snape yelled at her, “Go now!”
Draco watched as Snape walked towards Potter, before he glanced back at Kitty who stared up at him with terror, as she gasped for breath. Draco let out a strangled sob as the girl hugged him tightly, kissing every area of his face she should reach.

What is this?!” Bellatrix hissed out in disgust, “The nerve of the Mudblood-”

“BELLA GO NOW!” Snape shouted shooting a spell at the deranged Aunt, who hissed at the girl and ran off.

Draco pulled her away and held her face in his hands, and gazed over her as Snape battled Potter. He kissed her lips gently, pecking them over and over again as she cried.

“What's going to happen, now?” she whispered petrified, “Dumbledore was right, who s going to protect Muggle-Born s now?”

Draco s lip trembled as he let out a sadistic laugh, “Potter will. But I will protect you. I swear that to you. I’ll come for you, I swear.”

Kitty sobbed as he held her close, “And I promise to wait for you.”

Draco closed his eyes and kissed her tightly once more before she was pulled out of his grasp, and red light his her square in the back, stunned, her blank eyes stared up towards the sky, as Draco whimpered, and was lifted to his feet, by Snape who grabbed him, and dragged him as he stared at Kitty into the Forbidden Forest.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter after this and it will all be over.

the first two chapters for the sequel will be posted shortly after that

So please please comment!