Sequel: Ocean's Burning
Status: Complete! Please check out the Sequel!

Disenchanted

Chapter 2

Draco Malfoy sat on the other side of the room, his back to the wall, as he slouched forward his chin resting on his arms as he gazed at the place he had called home. Things were different now.
A crash from the other side of the Great Hall caught his attention as laughter broke out from the Slytherin’s around him. And he sat up carefully, as Crabbe and Goyle chortled loudly from beside him, and watched as Grange helped the strange girl, Kitty Jenkin’s to her feet, as it seemed she had slipped.

“Mudblood, helping Mudblood,” Blaise laughed from directly across from Draco, “Not going to be of much use, once You Know Who is officially back.”

“What do you mean officially?” Draco sneered with narrowed eyes as Blaise turned to him, with a surprised look.

“Well you know, once he’s gained all of his followers back,” Blaise said with a smirk, “Thought you of all people would realize that some are locked away in Azkaban.”

Malfoy looked angry, but forced out a humorless laugh as he sneered at the boy infront of him.
“Well who cares if a few are locked away, “ he scoffed, “It’s those who are with him now that matter.”

“What are you getting at Draco?” Pansy asked, leaning towards him, from her seat next to him.

“Let’s just say he has new favorites.”

“You and him?” Blaise whispered in surprise, as the bell tolled signalling class, and Draco shrugged with a smirk.

“I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for my Mother insisting.” Draco said coldly as he grabbed his book bag, “What’s the Dark Lord take’s over again, he’s not going to care about education, if you want to call this that, devotion is the new level of education.”
With that the Prince of Slytherin walked off.

Draco walked with a straight back and nose in the air, with Crabbe and Goyle on his side pushing away first years as they made their way towards the Dungeons, which used to house Severus Snap, but now housed Horace Slughorn.

“Bloody Bright down here,” Pansy said with a bored tone as they entered the class room,
“Think he’s going to change the atmosphere.”

Draco ignored the short girl’s attempts to grab his attention and instead took a seat at the back of the classroom a seat for two desks, and Draco sighed in relief as Goyle sat beside him.
Slowly, the class began to fill with it’s remaining students. He sneered as Granger walked into the room accompanied by and annoying Hufflepuff, Ernie Macmillan. Blaise and Theodore Nott walked into the room and quickly took the seat infront of Malfoy , beside Pansy and Crabbe. With an eye roll as Granger let out a chuckle at what her companion was saying, he placed his Advanced Potion book on the dark wooden desk and layed his arms and chin upon it. Gazing around the, bright dungeon. At the front their were two large cauldrons, bubbling and steaming, and on the far end was a small glass vile.

“Kitty!”

At the sound of Granger’s voice, he made a rash movement and his chin slid off of the book and onto the hard wood. Shooting daggers at the frizzy haired Muggle-Born, he turned his gaze to the dark haired girl that walked airily towards her friend and took a seat at the desk beside her friend, not seemingly bothered by the fact she was alone.
Draco laid his chin back on the book, his eyes slowly drifting closed as he thought about the task that lay before him, that was much more important then sitting in this stupid class, when the door was flung open loudly, and he slid off the book once more, and Slughorn’s voice met his ears, immediately causing him to sneer with annoyance.

Ignoring Hermione as she constantly answered each question that was asked of her, she jumped as the door at the back of the classroom was flung open and she stared with an amused smile as Ron and Harry stood, with awkward stances.

“Harry my boy, what can I do for you?”

Kitty watched with an amused expression over the top of Draco’s head as her two friends explained to the Professor why they were here. Her view was cut off however when Draco sat up, rubbing sleep from his eyes and catching her stare, he froze and narrowed his eyes, daring her to stare any longer. Kitty did, and he was the first to look away.

“I think two students in this class are a bit confused with they’re schedule.” Slughorn stated, now from the front of the class room, and from the the back of the room she heard two familar grunts, and from the table infront of her she heard Ron and Harry sniggering.

“Mr. Goyle, Mr. Crabbe, I believe according to the notes given to me by Professor Mcgonagall, you two are not to be in this class.”

“Blithering idiots,” Malfoy hissed from the back of the room.

“Now would you two boys go to you designated rooms. The remaining students please come forward.” Slughorn said loudly.

As usual, the houses were divided. More to say, one house in particular stayed apart.

“I have three potions ready for today,” Slughorn said deeply, “Can anyone name them for me.”

Draco stared surprise as Granger kept her hand down, and instead Kitty Jenkin’s raised her hand.

“Yes Ms..?”
“Jenkin’s sir, Kitty Jenkin’s.” the dark haired girl smiled.
“Go ahead then Ms. Jenkin’s.” Slughorn nodded.

Draco watched as the odd girl, approached the cauldron on the far left, moments before she
had approached it, it had been bubbling, with pink steam coming off of it, now it was a milky silver.

“It’s a love potion isn’t it?” she stated taking a whiff from the cauldron, and her face immediately turned a slight pink, before she cleared her throat, “When given to a person by the maker, the drinker falls in love with the person who gave it to them.”
Slughorn nodded.

“It doesn’t cause true love, because that can never be created artificially. Love Potion, causes more of an infatuation, then affection.” she said with a nod.

Slughorn nodded, “Very good Ms. Jenkins, twenty five points to Gryffindor. Another funny thing about Love Potions, is that it smells differently to every individual.”

“For example, I smell....., burning firewood, dust, rain and Cinnamon Toohpaste.” she said shaking her head at the last words that came out of her mouth, before she smiled awkwardly at the Professor and took her place, standing beside Hermione and Ron.
Pansy snickered from aside Draco, while the blonde boy stared curiously at the dark haired girl who took a step back from the potions, with a pink tint on her face. Draco however couldn’t take his eyes off of her, because the taste in his mouth was Cinnamon.

“Can anyone tell me what the other two are?”

Granger immediately raised her hand and went on about the smallest potion. Draco wouldn’t have paid her any mind, until she said ‘Luck’.

“Precisely Ms. Granger, this little thing is Felix felicis, it is liquid luck, but only when created correctly.” Slughorn said with a smiled.
Draco stared intently at the Professor.

“For the remainder of the hour, you will recreate for me the Concoction of Living Death, which will be found on page 92 of your books. Now, I will break you into pairs for the desks for the assignements.”

“Miss Granger and Miss Parkinson.”

Kitty watched with a sour face as her friend took a seat with a disgusted looking Slytherin, while Hermione nearly sat, stoney faced.

“Mr. Weasley and Mr. Thomas.”

Ron gave Dean a sour look, before they took a seat at there table.

“Ms. Jenkins and Mr. Malfoy, up in the front if you please.”

Kitty walked quickly to her table, while Draco gave the Professor a sour look before taking his time to get to the table.
Once Slughorn was done assigning table-mates, he turned to the class, “The ingredients are here at the front of the class. And to one student, who can make this drought perfectly, I will award them this vile, of Felix Felicis. Good Luck to you all.”

Draco watched as Kitty scooted into the desk, obviously not bothered by how close Draco was to her. It was very obvious to the others how Draco felt. The back of his neck was red, and so was his nose. He watched as she reached into her bag and pulled out a golden wrapped candy. The smell of cherries instantly filling his nostrils as she happily and obliviously sucked on it.His eyes were wide as he stared after the girl who went to the front of the room to gather her ingredients

“Here.”

Draco glanced at the girl who had two cauldrons in hand, one on her stand heating up, the other towards Draco. He didn’t say anything, not even an insult as he took it from her.
Hermione glanced curiously at Kitty’s generous movement, frowning at the thought that he didn’t deserve kindness, but stared curiously anyway, before glancing at Pansy, who had a murderous look on her face.
Draco frowned as his potion turned a sickly, pale green. He sneered as he glanced at his partners on cauldron which was shiny licorice black.

“How’d you do that?” he hissed at the girl, who stared at him surprised that he acknowledged her.

“What’d you mean?” she asked unsure, glancing around with her brown eyes until they met his grey eyes.

“Get it right, I’m following everything from the book like you are.” he frowned deeper.

“No you didn’t.” Kitty cringed with a small, tiny smile.

“What.” Draco said shortly, starring at his potion with horror.

“You were supposed to use the Wormwood before the Sopophorous Bean, you did it in the reverse order,” she said sadly.

Draco glared as Potter talked with his friends, showing off his prize. Draco walked to the front of the room placing the cauldron in place with the others, and was about to walk out of the room, when curiousity got the best of him and he stopped right next to the Love Potion. His heart fluttered immediately, and shills ran up his spine.
The scents of lavender, rain hitting asphalt and wood and cherry filled his nose. He broke from his trance when a throat cleared itself, and he jumped looking back at the girl who he had shared at desk with, stared at him unsure with eyebrows raised, before she offered a small smile and left. Walking towards his own belongings Draco Malfoy stopped and picked up a small golden wrapper that still held the remaining smell of cherry. And it scared him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Slightly longer then the previous chapter :]
thank you very much to the commenters i'm glad you're enjoying it!
I usually try and update multiple times a week, so please comment!