Sequel: Ocean's Burning
Status: Complete! Please check out the Sequel!

Disenchanted

Chapter 3

“C’mon Ron!”

“You Can Do it Ron!”

“Oh, isn’t he magnificent!”

Kitty and Hermione turned towards each other as Lavender exclaimed loudly and with excited clapping hands, as she giggled with Parvati Patil. Kitty stared at her curiously, before glancing at Hermione who had an unsure look on her face.

“C’mon Weasley!”

“Go Cormac!”

“Luna?”

Hermione and Kitty turned to their odd friend, while Lavender glared, “Aren’t you supposed to supporting Ron?”
Luna smiled at her friends, “I am, but maybe supporting the opposite person will make him try harder.”

Hermione shook her head at Luna’s choice of words and actions, but smiled non the less at their new companion. Kitty sat on the edge of her seat, watching as Ginny dodged the try out boys, and flung that quaffle towards Cormac who kicked it away perfectly, and glanced in the girls direction. Meeting her gaze, Cormac winked at Kitty, who made a face of surprise and looked behind her and to her sides, wondering if it was really her he was looking at. Realizing he was Kitty gave him an unsure crooked smile, as he returned the look with a smug smile, before returning his focus to his task.

“Com on Ron!”

Kitty heard Hermione ground her teeth from next to her as Lavender exclaimed once again. From beside her, Parvati merely rolled her eyes.
She watched as the final quaffle made it’s way towards Cormac, and under her coat, her fingers were crossed hoping he wouldn’t make it. From beside her, Hermione covered her mouth and mumbled under her breath as Cormac’s broom shifted to the left. Kitty with the other girls clapped loudly, as the quaffle in turn made it’s way towards Ron, who at the last moment flipped on his broom and knocked it away with his head. Kitty gathered her gloves and hat from beside her, and put them on carefully, as the tryouts for beaters began.

“Where are you off to?”

“Don’t know, see what calls my name,” Kitty said with a smile as she bid good-bye to her friends and smiled at Parvati who gave an exasperated smile before glancing at her friend who was still going on and on about Ron.

Upon walking into the Entrance Hall, Kitty was stopped by, more like ran into, Professor Flitwick, who was carrying supplies that weighed more then he. She kindly excepted the bundle of ink, and parchment, and headed down the hall way towards the Transfiguration Class room. She let out a squeak as she ran into another body and the glass shattered everywhere on the floor.

“Watch where you’re going.” the voice sneered.

And from her place, seated on the hard floor, Kitty shot Draco Malfoy a glare, before she pulled out her wand, causing his eyes to widen. She merely rolled hers, and uttered ‘Reparo’ softly and watched as the glass and ink put itself together. Before she pointed the wand at her stained pants before shooting another glare at Malfoy who was now on his feet.

“I was busy doing someone a favor, I didn’t have the time to notice a sleezy no mannered boy like yourself, coming towards me in a hurry, thank you very much.” she snapped and stood up once more, gathering the droppings, and stared up at Draco, the top of her head just reaching his usually greasy hairline, frowned to see it wasn’t as it was usually kept.

“That the best you got Mudblood?” Draco laughed harshly as the girl rolled her eyes and walked away. But Draco got an answer and stared harshly at the girl, who’s answer was ignoring him and walking away.

“Hey!”

A few feet away from the class room, Kitty stopped and stared at Malfoy with a bored look.

“Yes?”

“Y-you’re not going even try a retort?” Malfoy asked unsure.

“I personally thought ignoring you, and walking away was the best one.” she said with a smile and shrug as she entered the room.
Draco, unnerved and surprised waited outside the door. She was right. He leaned against the wall, his mind racing as to why this girl, the odd girl of Hogwarts fascinated him, he stood and watched her jump out of surprise as he spoke

“You’re right you know.”

Kitty jumped and stared with confusion at the Slytherin boy who wouldn’t leave her alone.

“Right about what?” she asked hesitantly, walking around him and back towards the Entrance Hall.

“That the greatest insult is ignoring.”

“Is that why you always bother Harry?” she asked slowly as she stopped walking and turned on him, “Because you know he will never ignore?”

“Potter’s had the insults coming since he stepped foot in this castle,” Malfoy laughed, “It will always be funny.”

“Yes, very funny.” Kitty said to him with a frown before walking out the grand doors, pulling her gloves and hat back over her dark hair, “Why are you talking to me?”

Draco stared unsure at the girls bluntness and watched as she quickly turned and walked away from him.

“You’re not going to let me answer?”

“No.” she said rushly as he caught up with her, catching the eyes of several second years that stared curiously as the watched the Slytherin git follow the odd girl. Draco nearly shot them a look, before he cut Kitty off by standing infront of her, shocked to she was glaring.

“Leave me alone Malfoy.”

“Why should I?”

“Because, I know that possibly at any moment, your gang is going to come hurtling out of nowhere, and humiliate me.” Kitty hissed, prepared for the humiliation that was usually brought upon her.

Draco watched her walk away from him and out towards the grounds again, where he watched her for a few moments, before he walked after her jogging step. He stared curiously, as she walked towards the Owlery, before making a sharp turn and down a math towards the Game Keepers hut.

“Leave me alone Malfoy!” she yelled, not turning around. All he could do was smirk in her direction, and watch as she picked up the pace of her walk, before she rounded to the side of the hut. He paused for a moment, before making a movement to go after her when the sound of the door opening met his ears and he was tackled by a large dog.

“Get off of me you filthy mutt!” he hissed at the over large grey dog that hand bounded towards him, and knocked him off his feet, before he pressed his large front paws on his Draco’s chest, licking his face with his overly large tongue.

“Oi, what’s goin on out ‘ere!”

Draco froze as he recognized the voice of Rubeus Hagrid, and did his best to shove the dog off and away from him, before the big oaf whistle and the overly large beast ran with a bark and a final lick away from Malfoy, who spluttered in disgust and stared up at the Game-Keeper who was frowning deeply.

“Can I help you Malfoy?” Hagrid said deeply as the blonde boy sneered and pushed himself up and off the ground, wiping the grass and mud off of his pants and shirt.

“No.” Draco said, the unpleasant look he always wore, plastered back on his face.
Hagrid nodded and peered behind Malfoy, who let out a scoff to see Kitty making her way back up towards the castle.

“E’ryone at some point gets curious about Kitt.” Hagrid said as Malfoy walked off, “But it’s best to leave her alone.”

“Why should I listen to you?”

“Because yer interested,” Hagrid said turning back towards his hut, “And Kitt is a special girl, who shouldn’t be taunted or treated badly.”

Draco let his sneer fall as the Game-Keeper gave the Slytherin a knowing glance before walking himself and the dog back inside the hut.
Draco let his mind wander to what the Hagrid said, and glanced up as he walked up the path, starring curiously as Kitty walked ahead, stopping once to look back, before she carried back on.
♠ ♠ ♠
so i lost a subscriber :[

i won't think about taking this down, if get comments and more subscribers. it's to early to tell. so for now i'll keep updating
please comment