Sequel: Ocean's Burning
Status: Complete! Please check out the Sequel!

Disenchanted

Chapter 4

Kitty gave her friends an exasperated glance as the trio sat quietly and quite comfortable in the Common Room. Ron and Harry on the couch, Hermione seated on one of the large lounge chairs. Kitty kept making subtle noises, trying to gather their attention, trying to get them to notice her displeasurement.
Kitty sat against the window sill, having pulled up a chair more then an hour ago.

“Kitty,” Hermione said with a teasing voice, as she glanced at her over-dramatic friend, who glared, “Why do you want to go outside, its chilly.”

“No it’s not, it’s going to get chilly.” she whined glancing at Harry and Ron, surprisingly, their noses buried into a book. The book they had in their hands though, made Kitty frown, and walk towards them, grabbing it out of their hands.

“Hey-”

“This is a cheaters book Harry,” Kitty said sitting on the arm-rest of Hermione’s chair, the two girls turning the pages with annoyance.

“No it’s not. it’s helpful.”Harry said with an eye-roll as he watched dark haired girl flip through the pages.

“It’s dark magic.” Kitty said, her eyes scanning across a spell she had never heard of, a small caption underneath it, for enemies.

“You really should get another book Harry.” Hermione said in her voice, the voice that made Ron and Harry, and at times Kitty, roll their eyes in annoyance, “And Kitty’s right it could be-”

“Who’s the Half-Blood Prince?”
Harry rolled his eyes as Kitty spoke, capturing Ron and Hermione’s attention, and the three glanced down at the front page of the book, where was the name of a previous owner.

“Half-Blood Prince?” Ron said joking to Harry, “Trying out new nicknames other then the ‘Chosen One’?”

“It’s not funny Ron.” Hermione said seriously, watching as the Ginger rolled his eyes and took his old seat back on the couch, “Was it like this when you found it Harry.”

“Yes it was.”

“Harry, I honestly think-”

“I’m not getting another book Hermione.”

Kitty ignored her friends as they bickered back and forth, as she continued to flip through the pages of the book.

“I have to agree with Hermione, Harry.” Kitty said with a frown, and watched as Harry shot her an expasperated look, “Listen, all the spells in here, are some we’ve never heard of, and they’re marked for enemies. Shouldn’t that be a sign to you, that it’s not safe.”

“It’ll be fine Kitty.” Harry said pulling the book from her grasp.

Ron glanced around unsure as the two girls glared at Harry, before he cleared his throat, and stood up, “Maybe Kitty’s right, w-why don’t we go visit Hagrid or just go outside.”
Hermione and Harry glared sideways at him, but sighed and smiled nonetheless at the smaller girl who grinned and put the book in Hermione’s lap at the thought of the idea.

“Let’s go then, you all haven’t seen him.” she smiled, before skipping towards the Common Room door, “C’mon.”

Hermione and Kitty walked ahead of the two boys as they walked through the grand doors arm in arm. Harry and Ron behind them.

“I hope Hagrid has food, I’m starving.” Ron said as the walked by a group of girls that consisted of Lavender Brown, who’s face gleamed with excitement as Ron glanced at her, she didn’t seem to take mind to the unsure look on his face as he waved at her, sending her into a fit of giggles. Kitty stared curiously at Lavender, a she felt the grasp Hermione had on her arm grow tighter, before she stared at her friend, who’s lips were pressed in a tight thin line, as she listened to Ron question to Harry why Lavender found him so interesting now.
Kitty pulled her arm away from Hermione as the frustrated girl snapped at Ron. Kitty on the other hand stared at the ground before her as they walked the stoney path towards Hagrid’s hut. The trees moving in the wind, birds chirping loudly, and even a howl was heard from the thicken.

“Oh dear.”

Kitty stopped starring as they reached the hut and turned towards her friends who stared uncertainly at Buckbeak the grey hipogriff, tethered to a post just outside the house. He clicked his sharp beack at their approach, before turning his head, his large yellow eyes meeting theirs.

“Still scared of him Hermione?” Kitty laughed softly, as they watched Harry give the creature a low bow, before Buckbeak sank too.

“He misses him, doesn’t he?” Kitty said softly as the creature squawked at her, and she hesitantly let her hand raise towards it, where she scratched between his eyes, “Miss Sirius?”

Hermione stared at her blunt friend watching as the large eyed girl talked to Harry, who nodded and glanced at the girl.
“But he’s okay here with Hagrid.” Harry said as the beast leaned his large head on Kitty’s shoulder. Before they walked off towards the hut, where at the sound of their approaching footsteps, Fang began howling and barking from inside.

“What is it ye mad beast-”

The trio smiled happily at Hagrid as he opened the door beaming, and ushered them inside, he opened his mouth to speak to the last person left outside, but stopped when he saw that something else had gathered her attention. Following her curious stare as she frowned, Hagrid narrowed his eyes as he recognized a blonde figure at the top of the hill, who quickly diassapeared form view as Hagrid straightened up.

“A’right Kitty?”

The distracted girl glanced up at Hagrid as he stared down at her with a serious look on his face as he ushered inside, frowning up at the hill top where he was sure Draco Malfoy was hiding. She nodded with a dazed expression and entered the house, taking a seat at the large round table, smiling as the large dog trotted over and laid his overly large head on her lap.

“What’s wrong?” Harry asked Hagrid, who had moved from the door to the window where he sure enough spotted Draco Malfoy.

“Nothin’ really.” Hagrid answered glancing at Kitty who seemed oblivious as always as she cooed at the dog, “Kitty came down here a few weeks ago, heard ‘er yellin, and when I went outside spotted Malfoy.”

Harry’s head snapped towards her friend, who stopped cooing at the dog at the sound of Malfoy’s name.

“Was he bothering you Kitty?” he said in a serious tone as the girl went back to petting the dog with an eye roll.

“No.”

“No?” Hagrid said surprised at the same time as Harry, “Then why’d ye come barging in here as though ye were in trouble?”

Kitty averted her gaze, as her face flushed a deep shade of pink, that would put Ron’s ears to shame, “He wasn’t bothering me, I-I just didn’t know what he wanted.”

“Was he teasing you?” Ron said, becoming as equally defensive as Harry.

“No.” Kitty said with a huff, “I don’t know what he wanted, but he wasn’t being mean.”

“Then why’d you spazz out.”

“Because I didn’t know what he wanted!” she snapped at Harry, who stared at her like Hagrid and Ron with surprised. Hermione on the other hand, watched as the younger girls cheeks tinted redder and redder, averted her gaze from the others, and stare longingly with curiousity out the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey readers, so this story, im loving it, and im loving the responce im getting from a few of you.
but i am writing this story for you guys so some more feed back would be nice :] and silent readers too!