Sequel: Ocean's Burning
Status: Complete! Please check out the Sequel!

Disenchanted

Chapter 5

Walking out of Transfiguration alone, Hermione, Ron, and Harry having wandered off, Kitty Jenkin’s made her way down the the eastern Hallway and out towards the courtyard, smiling as she spotted Ginny and Dean looking over homework. Without her noticing, Ginny gave her a curious look, as she watched her fellow Gryffindor walk with out a care in the world towards the Owlery. She turned back to Dean, as she watched Kitty give an airy skip, before she frowned and shot a glare, at the Blonde Slytherin who was trying to be as subtle as possible as his eyes focused on the odd girl that was oblivious to all around her, and followed her quickly out of the courtyard and towards the bridge

Kitty knew he was following her. Just by the way that other students who saw him before she did, whispered and shied away quickly. She didn’t say anything but as she shoved her hand in her pocket, she gripped her want tightly, pressing her finger tips against the patterns carved into the wood, pressing harder still, when she began to ascend the steps and heard the now obvious steps behind her.
As the door slammed shut behind her Draco stood on the other side, fighting an inner battle. As he made a movement to go inside, but stopped as a gold wrapping caught his attention, and he frowned before picking it up, the strong smell of cherries hitting his nose, before he tossed it back down and barged into the Owlery, startling Kitty who was on the top level of the tower.

“Why are you so interesting?” Draco demanded, as the dark haired girl who stared back with wide eyes, as tiny owl the size of a tennis ball perched on her shoulder cooing uncertainly.

Kitty gulped and scooped the bird away from her and back to its rightful perch, “I’m interesting?”

“Don’t make it seem so flattering,” Draco blabbed, his face creasing in frustration.

“I’m not. I don’t think I am.” she said with a shrug as she came back down the stairs, stopping abruptly as an owl flew by her nearly knocking her over, “I’m odd, and that’s about it.”

“And you’re okay with that?” Draco asked her with a nasally voice.

“Why do you do that-?” she stopped her question and frowned at the boy, noting he would change his tone of voice, only when he wanted to seem above everyone else, “I’m okay with myself. Are you you okay with who you are?”
Draco felt himself pale as the girl stared at him curiously, he felt as though all of his secrets were out in the open, and she could read him clearly, almost how he wanted to be able to read
her, “Are you okay with being the infamous Draco Malfoy? Known for being pure blood and cruel?”

Draco frowned at her, “Well your Kitt Jenkins, mudblood and the weirdest girl in the school.”

“And I’m not ashamed.” she said with a smile as she jumped off the last step, tugging at her coat pocket.
Draco watched her hesitantly, a look of wary etched on his face, his top lip pulled up into what would be seen to others as a disgusted sneer, but as Kitty looked back at him over her shoulder, she just saw unsure and unnatural curiousity. She tugged a small piece of parchment out of her pocket and walked towards a brown and gold barn owl who hooted loudly and stuck out its left foot. Kitty allowed the bird to hop onto her forearm as she walked towards the large window, that Draco stood by, he moved out of her way as he caught a whiff of lavender. The scent sent chills up his spin, and a feeling of electricity in his stomach as he stared at the girl. The feeling was almost stimulating to him, and he froze as the girl turned around and stared at him with a small smile on her face.

“Why aren’t you scared?”

“Should I be?”

Draco narrowed his eyes at her and leaned towards her, her eyes didn’t shine with worry as her back hit the wall of the tower. Instead she reached into her pocket and pulled out two golden wrapped candies. Draco watched her, his defence down as she stood up straighter and walked right past him.
As she left and the door of the owlery slammed shut, he felt a small tingling sensation in his hand, glancing down with an unsure grimace, he spotted a golden wrapping in his hand. He felt his face burn at the sensation that she had touched him. He didn’t know whether to be repulsed or excited.
But, with nervous antics, he brought the candy towards his nose.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys, so I didn't get any comments for the last two updates, maybe one, but that was it.
I am writing this for you guys so I would really appreciate the feed back.
We'll see how this update goes with comments, and we'll see if this story continues.