Sequel: Ocean's Burning
Status: Complete! Please check out the Sequel!

Disenchanted

Chapter 7

Kitty walked side by side with Luna, and Hermione towards the Great Hall for breakfast the morning of the First Quidditch game of the season. Luna as usual was sporting her supporting teams mascot, so today’s was the grand lion costume, and as other student’s laughed, Hermione frowned, while Kitty smiled appreciatively at her friend. Both girls, seemingly un-bothered.

“Looking spectacular Looney Lovegood.”

From the table on the complete other side of the room the Slytherin s yelled they’re taunts, while Harry and Ron stood up acknowledging it as they usually do. Hermione, sat glaring at boys from all opposing teams. Luna sat her back to the taunting Slytherin’s, talking with Ginny. While Kitty sat facing the Slytherins casually eating her toast and cereal, her Gryffindor scarf was wrapped securely around her neck, as she caught Draco’s bored stare.
She gave him an unsure look as she continued to eat her breakfast, her attention drawn away from him as Ron spoke loudly.

“So how was it then, you’re party?” he asked in a sadistic tone, causing Kitty to give Hermione and Harry a wary glance.

“Rather boring, really.” Hermione said putting down her issue of the Daily prophet,
“Though I think Harry rather enjoyed dessert.”

Kitty smiled as Harry’s cheeks grew pink.
“Slughorn’s having a Christmass party, and were meant to bring someone.”

“I expect you’ll be bringing McClaggen then?” Ron said with a tone that could match Malfoy’s.

Harry and Kitty’s eyes met and they adverted their gazes from their two friends.

“No actually, I was going to ask you.”

“Really?” Ron asked surprised.

Kitty watched with an amused expression as Ron continued to act oblivious, while Hermione glared as Lavender approached them.
Kitty sipped on her Goblet of Pumpkin juice and gazed around the Great Hall as a blonde figure made his way towards the door, Kitty’s attention was captured until Hermione spoke once more.
”Don t drink that Ron!”

Kitty stared as Harry glared at Hermione, while Ron gave her a bored look. Hermione on the other hand was starring at Harry as though he had committed a murder.

“You put something in his drink.”

“Excuse me?” said Harry.

Luna and Kitty glanced between the glaring pair before looking at each other and back at their goblets before pushing it away.

“I saw you, don t lie to me Harry Potter, I saw you put something into his drink!”

“I don t know what you’re talking about,” catching Kitty s gaze, Harry hastily tucked the little bottle away in his robes.

Kitty gave him a scandalized look.

“Ron, I’m being completely serious, don’t drink it.” Hermione said once again with an alarmed tone, but Ron gave her an annoyed glance, before downing the drink, and wiped his chin.

“Stop bossing me around Hermione,” Ron said.

Kitty watched shocked, but not surprised at the way he had spoken to her and watched as Lavender surveyed the scene and smirked.

“Nearly time,” Harry said with a smile as he glanced sideways at Kitty who gave him an annoyed glance as she walked next to Hermione who was still fuming.

“Perfect conditions,” Ron said cheerfully, even though he was pale and green looking. As they were about to part ways, Ginny came racing towards them a huge grin on her face.

“We have to change tactics for the match,” Ginny beamed as they all stared at her curiously.

“Why?”

“One of Slytherin’s beaters took a bludger to the back yesterday, and the replacement is a waste of space.” she chuckled as Harry and Ron silently cheered, while Hermione and Kitty rolled their eyes, “Oh and Malfoy s out too-”

What?”, Harry asked turning on her, as Kitty leaned in closer.

“Yeah, some third year Harper is replacing him, another waste of space-”

“Do you know why, he isn t playing?” Harry insisted.

“Don’t know, but luck is obviously on our side.”

Hermione and Kitty quickly parted ways from the boys, and entered in the Stadium.
What s wrong with him? Kitty thought silently to herself, as Hermione tugged her along. He seemed bored at breakfast, and he wasn’t in uniform. Gnawing on her bottom lip, Kitty pulled free of Hermione s arm, and trailed back slightly, as her friend stared back her confused. Kitty gave her a wide eyes look, making it seem as thought the crowd wasn t letting her through.

“I’ll meet up with you later!”

“Kitty the game!”

“Bye!”

Kitty walked carefully, putting her glove covered hands into her pockets as she glanced around her slowly emptying surroundings. Before she glanced up at the clock tower, where she spotted, with a smile, the boy she was looking for.
And as Kitty looked up Draco looked down, and watched as the small girl offered a wave. Turning around hastily, he acknowledged Crabbe and Goyle, who knew nothing of his task, but just wanted to help.
“Go to the game,” he hissed at them, watching as they frowned.

“ I thought you were going to start-”

Go.”

Draco leaned forward, watching until he could no longer see the shadows of his companions going down the stairs. As he heard familiar delicate steps coming up the opposite staircase. He didn t say anything as the steps got closer, but instead gazed through the clock at the empty grounds below.

“Any particular reason you re not playing today?”

Draco said nothing as the young girl spoke with a smile from beside him, and he did his best to
ignore the chills her voice sent up his spine.

“Snape and McGonagall came to a mutual agreement that it would be best, because of my behavior the past weekend, that I didn’t play.” Draco drawled softly, the lie making his tongue heavy , covering the girls small hand with his own watching as her face remained calm, while her hand trembled beneath his.

“Because you missed detention, or because of what happened to Katie?” Kitty asked softly, glancing at Draco who winced noticeably at her words, before starring down at her.

“What do you think?” he hissed at her in a whisper.

“I’m thinking it was detention,” she said softly, letting her large eyes pass over his face which relaxed once more, “Come with me,”

Malfoy stared hesitantly at the girl who held his hand, and tugged him away from the large window. He looked at his hand and then at the girl who gave him a confident smile, before following his gut rather then intuition, and allowed hi fingers to thread inbetween hers.

If a Quidditch game hadn’t been taking place, Draco wouldn’t have been holding Kitty’s hand. But since their was, his heart was beating quicker, blood pulsating in his ears, as he tried to cherish the moment. The girl glanced up at him as he pulled his arm back, causing her to stop and nearly topple over before crashing into him.

“You know I didn’t do it.” Draco said softly, helping the girl to her feet, before taking her hand again.

“Then why do they think you did?” Kitty asked as the walked down the empty hall way and towards the stairs.

“Terrible coincidence,” Draco said, a disgusted-snide look appearing on his face, “I was there, and then I wasn t. I was with you, wasn t I?”

“Are you blaming me?” Kitty asked with a frown pulling her hand out of his grasp harshly and glaring at him.

“Everyone’s got to blame someone don’t they,” he drawled and watched as she walked ahead of him, not too fast, letting him know that she still wanted to be followed.
Draco walked five feet behind her, as she trecked through the snow down the large path he had previously followed her and watched as she walked off of it and towards the Forbidden Forest.

“Where are you going?”

“Where are we going.” Kitty corrected him before moving her hair from her face, and starring at the large snow covered rocks, trying to figure out how to get down. Draco let out a dry chuckle and stepped behind her, his hands holding her under the arms gently as he held her in place so she wouldn’t fall as she took steps. Kitty face erupt in blush as she felt Draco grab her arms in his hands as the walked down and off of the path towards the Forbidden Forest. Stepping on a large boulder that was at the bottom of the small hill, Draco jumped down, and fixed his coat and scarf before holding both of his hands out, and allowing Kitty to give him a small smile, that could even warm his cold heart, before she grasped his hands and jumped down carefully.

Draco watched the girl stare into the forest with a grin before turning back to him, “C’mon.”

“Where are we going?” Draco asked lowly, watching as the girl denied him the hold of her hand.

“You’ll see.” Kitty said with a smile as they walked passed snow covered bushes and trees,

“You trust me, don’t you?”

“Do I?” he asked her snarkly, causing Kitty to roll her eyes and continue to walk ahead.

Draco remained at the forest’s edge, watching as the girl slowly dissapeared, he hadn’t set foot in the forest since his first year after receiving detention with Potter. He let his smug look drop however, when he lost sight of Kitty in the snowy thicket.

“Jenkins!” Draco called out, as his heart slightly beat faster as we walked in following her footsteps in the snow. He squinted trying to see ahead of him, trying see if what he was looking at was a tree or Kitty-

“HAHA!”

Draco let out a yelp as Kitty flew out him from his left and knocked them both into the snowy ground. Draco’s heart was pounding, as he glanced down at Kitty who lay below him, snow in her hair and giant smile plastered on her face as she laughed.

“You should’ve seen your face,” she smiled breathlessly as she continued to gaze up at him.
Draco glared down at the girl before rolling off of her and laying beside her, both of them ignoring the cold that was seeping through their clothes.

“I didn’t find it funny,” Draco said darkly as the girl continued giggling before sitting up and shaking the snow from her hair.

“Well then I’m sorry.” Kitty smiled at him gently, watching as he rolled his eyes and glanced up at her.

“Why are we out here?” he asked shortly, sitting up.

“Seemed like you needed to clear your head.”

“Never been to this side of the castle,” Draco said softly as he held the girls warm hand, happy that she had taken her gloves off. They walked up the stairs, happy that the game was over and that everyone was in their houses or on the main floors.

“It’s different, I suppose then what you see.” Kitty said softly, as she let Draco push the door open to a large empty room, an old class room. Stairs lead to another floor and they climbed them slowly, Draco ahead of her pulling her along gently until they came across a closed door and took a seat on the last step.

Kitty shrugged off her coat and laid it delicately on her lap, before she glanced at Draco, who stared back unsure. Kitty smiled and took his large hand gently in hers and laid it gently on her coat covered lap, and Draco watched as she delicately traced the lines on the palm of his
hands.

“If I actually payed attention in Divination, I might be of some use to tell you what the future would be like,” Kitty chuckled, “But I’ll be Trelawney and say, that it looks grim.”
Draco could only chuckle darkly, for he knew of it already.

As Kitty continued tracing his hand, Draco closed his hand quickly, watching as Kitty gave him an eye roll, before he tugged her towards him and sat her cautiously on his lap, her back leaning half against the wall, the rest against his chest. Kitty didn’t say anything, but she was trembling of nerves as Draco placed his on hand on her lap again, the other arm behind her wrapped cautiously around her waist, while she stared at him, her lips parted with curiousity.

“What, didn’t think I was capable of affection?” Draco asked smugly, with a laugh.

“Honestly, I didn’t.” Kitty said softly studying his face gently, reaching a hand up and moved a strand of blonde hair away from his face, and let her hand rest against his cheek for a moment before she sighed and pulled it away and leaned unsure against his chest.

“Wonder who won the game?” Kitty said softly, as Draco took her hand and thread their fingers, the sound of his breathing in her ear making her relaxed as he lay his chin hestitantly on her shoulder.

“Don’t know.” Draco said distractedly yet smugly as he felt a sharp pain on his forearm, he ignored it. But his mind went to the task at hand, and then to the girl seated on his lap. If his aunt knew, she would kill her. If his mother knew, she would be hesitant, if not sympathetic. His master, he shuddered at the thought, not wanting to think of it.

They both jumped as the door opened loudly before it shut with a slam, and soft crying filled the room. As the voice whispered the curse, Kitty recognized Hermione’s voice, and the soft chirping of birds.
The door opened once more, and Kitty froze as Draco’s hold around her waist grew tighter.

“Charms, I’m just practicing,” Hermioned sniffled.

“Well they’re really good,” Harry spoke gently.

At the sound of Harry’s voice, Kitty felt Draco grip her hand tighter. She glanced at him with worried face before she gripped his hand back, and nudged his chin with her nose.

“How does it feel Harry? When you see Dean with Ginny.”

Kitty bit her bottom lip as her eyes slowly welled with tears. Boys were so obvlivious. Draco glanced down at the girl unsure, his smug demeanour wanting to push through and mess with Harry and Granger, but he stopped at the trembling girl sitting on him, and stared at her uncertainly. With a trembling face, Draco brought his lips to her hear where he whispered soothing words as she leaned in him, wrapping his pale coat covered arms tighter around herself.

“I know. I see the way you look at her. You’re my best friend.”

Kitty’s ears perked slightly, and she sat up, heard grip heard on Draco’s hand as she hear an obnoxious always recognizable giggle.

“Whoops.” Lavender squealed, “I think this Room is taken.”

Kitty felt heat rush to her face.

“What’s with the birds?” at the sound of Ron’s voice, Kitty’s face broke into one of horror.

“Oppugno,” Hermione cried, and Kitty froze as Hermione started crying once more, and the door shut, signalling Ron’s departure., Harry whispered gently, Draco glanced at Kitty and held her closer in his arms as she stared at him with sad eyes for her friend. And Draco felt a wave of emotion as he leaned his cheek on top of her head, the first girl he had ever met who cared about anyone other then herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yesterday evening the worst thing happened to me, I was prepared to give you guys an update, when I went to this Document and it wouldn't open. It said "the file is corrupted". I was in hysterics because I was so proud of this story and it was all gone. I then found Text Wrangler online and it helped me open it again. The only minor problem was that throughout my entire document, the quotation marks were ALL gone. So all day, today, I've been filling in where the quotation marks should go.

So here is the update! Hope you guys enjoy! What do you guys think of their relationship, its pretty intense right? One of you readers said "A lot of people change his personality to make him soft and, well, your Draco isn't soft. He's Draco Malfoy."
And yes, I'm trying to keep him the same, because he is a Malfoy. But I'm also softening him up little by little, because throughout the sixth book and seventh he has a lot on his place and he's lost :] And I'm keeping him cold, and slowly becoming nicer, because he's meeting and getting to know a different girl :]
So please please comment and I will update ASAP