Sequel: Ocean's Burning
Status: Complete! Please check out the Sequel!

Disenchanted

Chapter 8

“Where were you yesterday , Hermione says you didn’t even go to the game.” Harry said as Kitty, he and Ron walked to Divination. Ron gave Kitty and alarmed look, “You didn’t see any of the saves I made!?”

Kitty merely rolled her eyes as they climbed up the tower, “I heard all about it, so don’t you worry-”

“WON WON!”

Kitty blinked rapidly and watched as Lavender sped past her, nearly knocking her over with the speed and wind she collected as she flew past her and towards Ron. With an eye roll, Harry quickly tugged Kitty along, leaving Ron and Lavender to suck face until their lips were chapped, to their heart content.

“How’s Hermione? Harry asked, “I mean, I know she’s distraught, but you’re with her more then anyone.”

“She’s better when she’s alone,” Kitty sighed honestly, “But he’s everywhere, so it’s pretty hard to ignore.”

Harry nodded as they reached the classroom and held the door open for his friend before they headed towards the usual table. As she sat down Kitty caught Draco’s eye and gave him a small smile and watched as he looked flustered for a moment before averting his gaze with a crooked look and pink cheeks.

"So where were you really, yesterday?" Harry asked as Trelawney entered the room.
"Around the castle," Kitty replied honestly, "Playing in the snow."
"Alone?" Harry chuckled.
"Mhmmm." Kitty smiled.

On the other side of the Divination Classroom, Draco sat with a bored look on his face as he listened to Pansy go on and on about drama between her and Blaise. Being around Pansy had never been interesting to him, but now if he compared moments and conversation with Kitty to sticky and annoying situations like the one he was currently in, it was easy to tell whom he found much more fascinating.

“Draco, are you listening to me at all?” Pansy drawled with a whine, tugging at his sleeve.

“No, I’m really not.” Draco snapped haughtily watching as her jaw dropped.

“Draco-!”

“What?” he hissed back, giving her a smug look as he met her gaze, “I’m honestly not interested in you.”

Draco and Pansy froze as the whole classroom grew silent at his outburst, even Trelawney stopped her mumbling to see what was going on.

“Who are you interested in then Draco?” Pansy snapped at the annoyed blond boy.
Draco rolled his eyes carelessly, and Pansy gasped as his gaze landed on Kitty.

Her?! The FREAK?!” Pansy shrieked, causing stared to go between a horrified Draco and an unsure Kitty.

“Of course not.” Draco drawled snappily, causing Kitty’s stomach to drop, “Why would I, she’s a
Mudblood, a freak no less.”

“I’m sorry.”
“I could honestly care less.”
“I’m sorry!”
“Save your breath.”

It was after dinner, and Draco had a feeling in him the entire meal, he sat apart from his Slytherin clan, that included Pansy, and sat alone at the end of the table. The feeling in his stomach was guilt, and he only had a vague idea of it.
Kitty hadn’t made an appearance all through out dinner, Potter and Weasley had been glaring at him the entire time. And as he was leaving the great hall, he caught wind of the conversation between Granger and the Weasley on the way to the Dungeons.
With the new information, Draco had walked towards the deserted classroom, earning strange looks from other students, them, not entirely sure why the Slytherin was on this side of the castle.
Draco had found the girl in her normal clothes, sitting at the top of the stairs, where they had been days prior.

“I didn’t mean to call you mudbood, it-”

“Slipped out?” Kitty snapped, glancing at the boy who stood a few steps below her perch, his face pale.

“I really am,” Draco said seriously, taking a seat next to her, and watching as she scooted away.

“I really hate how different you are with me alone, and then a monster in front of everyone else.” Kitty glared.

“Stop exaggerating.” Draco said harshly with an eye roll.

“That’s exactly what I mean!” Kitty exclaimed, “If we had been having this conversation in public, hexes and yells would’ve been flying.”

Draco stayed silent and watched the girl fume silently, before she pulled out a gold wrapped candy from her pocket before popping it into her mouth and rolling the foil into a ball, before throwing it at Draco, who remained silent as it hit his forehead.

“The fact that you called me what you did in front of everyone, makes me question if you’re being an honest person right now.” Kitty said slowly as she pushed her candy to the side of her mouth, as Draco resisted the urge to poke her cheek, “Are you going to answer?”

Draco opened his mouth, but no words came out. He was flabbergasted to say the least, the girl had never sat still or looked entirely serious her entire life, but as she spoke to him with such fury and determination, he was unsure on how to act.

“What more do you want me to say?” Draco drawled back the corner of his upper lip pulling up into a look of annoyance.

Kitty stayed silent now. She blinked and her angry demeanour vanished. She was stumped, she didn’t know what else she wanted to here.

“Aren’t you going to answer?” Draco asked with a smirk as he mimicked the girls choice of words with a cold smile.

Kitty narrowed her eyes at the boy and made a movement to stand up but was immediately blocked by the tall pale blond boy, who now on the lower steps could look her in the eye, and watch as they flickered to the side and back nervously. Kitty bit on her lip and breathed causing Draco to inhale the cherry scent, that gave him butterflies.

“I won’t call you a Mudblood, ever.” he stated seriously.
Kitty rolled her eyes, “Alone you won’t, out there you will.”

“I won’t. ‘sides I’m getting bored with the riff-raff I choose to hang out with.”

Kitty stared at him suspiciously, “You won’t call Hermione on either.”

Draco’s eye twitched, and he hesitated before he nodded, “Anything else?”

Kitty couldn’t help but smile at his miserable voice, “No, nothing now. I’ll let you know.”

The two walked down the stairs. Glancing out the window, at the darkness that surrounded the school. As Kitty held Draco’s hand gently, her fingers playing delicately with his palm, Draco winced as the mark on his forearm burned. He turned to the girl, that he was fascinated with, but would be considered a distraction, and gave herr her a curious look. As she smiled unsure, before pressing her hands delicatly on his chest before leaning on her toes, wiping a strand of blond hair away from his forehead and kissed him delicately on the cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the delay in updates, but the document freaked out on me so I've been editing the entire thing once again OY
Comment Please and I will update, no comments no update