Oceania

The Mermaid.

It's an underwater paradise, the sea creatures flourished. Everything there is alive and vivacious. The plant life is in harmony with the creatures. They live within one another, giving hope there is such as thing as perfection. The fish danced around a young mermaid, the swish of their tails tickled her sensitive skin. Other creatures gathered; the sea stars crawled from their homes to greet the beautiful mermaid. Her aquamarine hair floated around her head as she watched. Little nibbler fish swam up and down her blue tail; cleaning each silver scale. Their nibbles tickled her, causing the mermaid to giggle softly.

An underwater sound wave rhymed in her over sensitive ears. It was a call from a father looking for his young. It was not her own father this time. Though, it signaled the time when the young merchildren should be home. It's dangerous, humans prowled the night. The mermaid gently thanked the undersea life. She flicked her long tail; swimming away from the sound. Her mission was not to go home to her father and siblings; but to get revenge.

A mermaid's song can lure any human being to their death. It was so irresistibly divine that they had to follow it. Some mermaids used this to make ships to be lost at sea; others used it to make the ships wreck. It was the mermaid's choice. Many had a vendetta against man; for centuries mermaids have been slaughtered for their magic. They have lost their friends and loved ones to this insanity. Man was the enemy, man needed to be slaughtered, not mermaids. This mermaid had her own revenge to take care of; something so personal for her it will never die down.

Most merfamilies at that time were at home with one another. Mostly in their sea caves where it was most safe. Some even lived in the city, Aqualina. It's not known for any of them to sway away from their own kind. Numbers meant survival. Without numbers the race will disappear forever, along with their magic.

The mermaid swam quickly; weaving herself through the coral and fish. Careful not to make a stir. Fish normally darted away when they saw a mermaid swimming like that. She was headed towards Poseidon's Keep. It's a patch of rocks that stick out from the sea. It's where many humans lost their lives due to ship wrecks. This mermaid wanted to perch herself in the middle and sing as loud and clear as she could. That night she wanted blood.

Behind the mermaid's beautiful face was a mind of a killer. Every mermaid held something inside them; it was their only defense towards Mankind. Their magic; it made them stronger than humans, smarter than humans and better immuned than humans. The magic only worked in their most desperate times. Which is why Mankind killed them, trying to expose their magic.

The mermaid squeezed herself among the rocks. Her body shivered from excitement; a grin played on her pale face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bee and I worked very hard on this. We made sure this had hardly thing similar to The Little Mermaid. Be nice or go home >.<

Don't be a silent reader!