Oceania

One Survivor

At dusk the sun set, leaving only the moon and stars to light the world. The oceans' tide changed in correspondence to the rising moon. Poseidon's Keep had sunken deeper
in water; hiding the fact that death awaited for whoever came. The petite mermaid sat, combing her long aquamarine hair. It's been three hours and not a single ship been sighted. She almost given up on the thought of seeing one.

Gradually the mermaid dipped her tail in the salty water. Might as well go home to Father. Before she could jump, a light appeared. Dim, like candle light. Her trained eyes followed; it grew larger by the minute. It was coming her way. The size of the boat that carried it could only hold five grown men. A small boat.

An easy revenge.

The mermaid wailed her beautiful song into the high winds, reaching the crew on the deck. Instantly they became her prisoners. Following obediently to her voice, the boat changed direction. It was aiming towards her. The mermaid sat higher, letting the song escape and pierce though the night. It now can be heard on the coast line.

The song doesn't always consist of words, but of a melody of sounds. Like imitating a word or whales. They were all mixed and unleashed into something irresistible. The men in the boat leaned out, trying to see who was making the beautiful voice. The mermaid sank into the waves, taking shelter for what will come.

Excitedly the mermaid fished a rope from the rocks. She held fast to it, still singing her song. The small boat drifted; a large wave from the oncoming tide crashed on the side. It was just enough momentum. The boat crashed on the rocks, flinging the men into the water. The mermaid flicked her tail, rope in hand.

The rope was tied around two of the their necks, immediately. The mermaid pulled them to the ocean's floor. She tied the rope; ignoring their struggling. Their lives will end that way. Soon they will have to gulp for air. There isn't any. The ocean that they so much terrorizes took their lives, painfully and slowly.

The mermaid's blue eyes blink, her body pumped adrenaline. One man at a time will pay for their sins. The other two men didn't have a chance. Quickly she over powered them; leaving their bodies to sink. The sharks began to have a frenzy over their corpses. Only one man lived.

The man was younger than the others, he climbed the rocks. With luck on his side, he fled to shore. The mermaid sank in the water. Watching as he ran down the coast line towards the town. She smirked and disappeared in the water.

Image


The mermaid pushed the rock back in place. It blocked the entrance to her home. It protected her and her family from everything. The mermaid swam deeper. Her eye sight was just as perfect in the dark; an adaptation that she had. Light reflected off their scales, flashing their existence to the world. Here they are safe. The mermaid continued until she reached to the back where her family was.

Her father, Morven, nestled himself with his younger children. A little mergirl, Serenity and a little merboy, Zale. Twins, something are that is rare in their community. He reads them a book, gently caressing his daughter's light green hair. The book told the stories of the horrible mankind that lived on the surface. The mermaid's oldest sister, Nerissa was preparing dinner. Chopped fish wrapped in sea plant.

This was home. It was the mermaid's life. Morven smiled to his second daughter. They both knew what she just did. The whole family did. It wasn't a secret; the merchildren had to learn ways. Normally it was the eldest male who murdered the men. Zale was too young though. Him and his sister was only ten years of age. Their magic did not awake until they were thirteen years of age. Then he could help his sisters.

The mermaid swam to her older sister to help. She was already plotting to return the next day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy this.