Oceania

Shore

With a rhythmic flick of her tail, the young mermaid set her sights for Poseidon's Keep. Two bodies rotted in her peripheral vision, their faces bloated beyond recognition. She gave a chilling smile, then squeezed herself through the rocks. It was another night for blood. Nothing would stop her.

As the mermaid perched herself up again, a dark shadow appeared in the distance. Automatically she crouched, it would be a fast blood shed tonight. Without a doubt, the beautiful mermaid prepared for a fight. The ship came fast, the sailors singing out into the fog.

Their voices echoed foreign words into her ears. The mermaid leaped from the rock and swam closer. Never before did she hear those notices before. She only heard screams, and those are the same in every language. The crew smiled to one another, spotting her long green hair immediately. They whispered to one another as they watch her stare at them.

Her eyes were a mix of fear and resentment. They did not show any fear toward her. Their tan faces gave her chills up her spine. No song could pass her lips, her body was still. A part of her mind wanted her to swim away as fast as she could. Something didn't smell right. No human was this outgoing towards mermaids. She never accoutered anything like this before. The mermaid bit her pink lips and waited. Maybe they will just sail past me.

Little did she know they planned for her to watch them. The crew sang louder, making her curious of their words. It was a distraction. A small boat lingered behind her, their faces hidden behind the dark moon. Even with her excellent vision she would never see them. They rowed closer each second, their nets and hooks ready for the deadliest catch.

The men in the boat steadied their hands, each one held a part of the large net. "Steady, men." One whispered. With adrenaline pumping through their veins; the men flung the net across her body. With terror burning through her she tried to swim for it. Soon she became stuck from her own struggle. The men used hooks to drag her small body back to their boat.

"Do not let her touch you, yer hear?" The men cautiously tied her to the edge of the boat, like a beast. They drug her to the ship and unloaded her. Each man worse gloves, to protect their skin from her nails and teeth. Everything was prepared for a large struggle.

The mermaid only laid still. She knew what was going to happen. If she fought, she would die sooner. Every mermaid and merman were equipped with this information. They all knew this would happen. The mermaid only stared as they stood around her, each one giving their opinion on what to do with her now. She only wished for her death to be quick.

A strange man walked through the crowd, in his hands a rifle. The mermaid did not know what it was, but inside she knew it brought death.

"Move yer tail and I will shoot it off." The man warned, his gun pointing towards her. The mermaid only understood the word "tail". She nodded, only in hopes he wouldn't hurt her most prized possession.

A scream rang through the deck. "Let it go!" They yelled. A young man then pushed the older man away. "Do not hurt her! What is wrong with you people?!" He crouched down next to her. Even he kept his distance. Her blue eyes held on to him with fear. "Are you hurt?" He asked softly.

The mermaid shook her head. Their language was so different, but even hers shared some words with theirs. They have not drew blood yet, so the mermaid just kept her eyes locked onto his. His hazel eyes expelled warmth and kindness. She snarled in response of his out reached hand. She would never accept his kindness. It's fake and only a trick. They were monsters and deserve to die.

The man jumped back in surprised. The gun was jabbed in her tail. "Come on, lets sail to shore."

The man looked up at him. "Why are we going to shore?" He asked. The crew laughed, leaving them three alone. The ship jerked in response, then the air picked up. They were taking her away from her home; to the human shore.

Laughing, the older man patted him on the back. "The sea witch can't drowned anyone in shallow water. There we will get what we want, Henry."

Henry's eyes started to shine, a glimmer of a tear fell. It nearly killed him on the inside to see her like this. The mermaid turned her head, refusing to meet his eyes. She silently said goodbye to her family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please point out any mistakes. Updates will be a little slow, because of school.