Untitled

When You're Gone

She paced in the Hog's Head amongst the throng of students, professors and family members. All she wanted was to see her boyfriend again. She wanted to be with him, with all of them, to fight against the Dark Lord but of course, Fred Weasley, being the overprotective boyfriend that he can be, forced her to stay there as he did not want her getting hurt.
Emery paced for what seemed forever always resisting the urge to go through the portrait herself to find him and fight with him. But soon, Professor Sprout came running through the door of the Hog's Head and told everyone the good news. Harry Potter had defeated Lord Voldemort. Everyone in the Hog's Head rejoiced as Emery raced towards Professor Sprout and followed her back up to the castle, as did others.

"Is everyone alright?" Emery asked her old professor as they walked.

"We lost many but so did the others. The main point is though, that He can never return."
Emery smiled as she followed Professor Sprout.
"How come you didn't take the portrait, Professor?"
"It's been destroyed."

"How?"

"In a fire."
"A f-fire?"

"Yes. Only in the Room of Requirement."

"Oh." Emery sighed in relief.

The rest of the walk up to Hogwarts was filled with a silence as many raced towards the castle.
Emery's eyes widen as she looked upon the once beautiful Hogwarts ground. She raced, as she followed a couple racing no doubt to see if their child was all right.
She ran into the Entrance Hall to see people both rejoicing and mourning. Emery's stomach turned as she entered the Great Hall.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Emery looked around the Gryffindor Common Room; it was 1 O'clock in the morning and she couldn't sleep once again. It was her last year at Hogwarts and was already feeling the pressure of NEWTs and it was only the second week back.
The red tank top hung loosely off her shoulders as she crept down the stairs to sit in her favourite plush chair near the now diminishing fire. Emery seated herself comfortably; raising her flannel clad legs over one another and leaning her head back sighing.
She titled her head back into her hands and once again sighing in frustration as she thought about the path that was chosen for her.
You are to become apart of the Ministry, taking your father's position as Head of the Department Magical Law Enforcement.
She had no interest in anything pertaining to any offices in that department or any in the Ministry. Unlike her parents, Emery Caufield held a firm belief in that Lord Voldemort was back.
She hated the fact that she had no control over her future. Frankly, she would be just as happy owning a nice little cafe in either Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley.
Emery tiredly propped her right arm onto the armrest and rested her head on that arm while looking into the fire.
She could have honestly done that for hours until she heard either a shuffle or stumble of feet from the stairs leading to the dormitories. Emery carefully turned her head to see who was coming down them and even in the darkness she could see the ginger hair.
For her own fun, she decided to turn back around and sit quietly until he noticed her sitting there. He came in stumbling and Emery stifled laughter when she noticed that he was about to sit on her. He was about to lazily flop onto the chair Emery was sitting in until she coughed which made the boy scream, turn around and fall onto the couch near by. Emery laughed loudly at his reaction as he clutched his chest, trying to regain composure. The portraits hanging on the wall hushed and Emery managed out a sorry while still looking at him while he looked back at her.
"Bloody Hell, Caufield. You scared me." Fred Weasley, who now seemed quite awake, told Emery in a whisper.
"You scream like a girl, Weasley." Emery smirked.
"Oh I do not." Fred waved her comment off before making himself comfortable on the couch.
"And you just admitted someone scared you too. Two for one special." Emery smirked once again.
"But you'll never know which one." Fred sought to win.
"Bull. I know you're Fred."
"How?"
"You jinxed me in Defence Against the Dark Arts in our 4th year." Emery stated quite plainly. "I could never forget your voice or your face when you said the jinx and when it hit me."
"How many times do I have to tell you I'm sorry? I'm sorry! I didn't mean to throw you back up against the wall!" Fred pleaded as he moved towards the end of the couch closest to Emery.
"I already forgave you. It's just you wanted to know how I could remember, so I told you. Gosh."
Fred smiled at her. "You said you can't forget my face." Emery rolled her eyes at him. "Its truly gorgeous isn't it? A work of art if I do say so myself." Fred outlined his face with one of his index fingers. "I always thought I had a fantastic jaw line!"
Emery again rolled her eyes but smiled. "You are so full of yourself, Weasley."
"Now, now, no need to be mean, Emery. Never said I ever forgot your face when I jinxed you. It was like this-" Fred screwed up his face.
Emery soon let her arm out and smacked him in on the arm. "How did Angelina ever see anything in you, I will never know."
"Oh, so we're bringing up past relationships are we? Well, at least she wasn't Travis Goldman."
"That would have been a very big lifestyle choice for you if she was Travis Goldman."
Emery smirked at Fred as it took him a few seconds to realize he had been insulted. "Hey! I am not gay!"
Emery leaned on the armrest, bringing her face towards Fred's. "Could've fooled me." She whispered.
"Oh, you are so going to get it, Emery."
Before Emery could comprehend what he was doing, Fred leaped up and pinned Emery to the chair she was sitting in. He straddled her with his legs against her hips and took her arms and pinned them to her sides as he began to tickle her.
"Fred, hah, stop! Fred!" She pleaded in between laughs.
Both Fred and Emery were smiling at the playful act they were in. Emery squirmed beneath him and he stopped after a few minutes. Emery was slowly regaining her normal breathing pattern as she looked up at Fred.
Fred was already looking down at her, smiling still. He leaned in towards her.
"Not so gay, now am I?" Fred whispered.
Emery got Goosebumps as she felt his hot breath on her lips.
She smiled up at him before she squirmed her hands out from beside her and wrapped her arms around his neck and kissing him passionately on the lips.
This is what he wanted for the longest time - to feel Emery Caufield's lips upon his.
He hungrily kissed back, placing his hands on her hips.
This is what she wanted for the longest time - to feel Fred's Weasley's hands upon her hips.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What's gotten you all smitten?" George tiredly asked Fred as they woke up one Saturday morning.
Fred just smiled.
"It's a girl isn't it?" George replied.
Fred simply nodded as both he and George began to change in the dormitory.
"Who is it, bro?" George asked curiously.
"Who is who?" Lee walked in.
"Fred's found himself a girlfriend." George said in both a mocking and proud tone. "Finally over Angelina."
"I've been over Angelina for a while." Fred huffed. "It's been a damn year."
"Okay, okay." George said as he pulled a shirt over his head.
"So who is it? Jeanne?" Lee asked.
"Karla?"
"Sharon?"
"Daisy?"
"Leanne?"
"Shut up, guys! It's none of them." Fred argued as they exited the dormitory.
"Who is it then?" Lee questioned.
"And how the hell did you manage to keep her away from us for this long?" George asked.
"How long as it been anyway?"
"A couple weeks, almost a month." Fred answered simply
"A month?!" George said quite bewildered. "A month?!"
"Yes," Fred turned to him as they descended down the stairs to the common room. "A month."
"But - how - you - what!?"
"Oh get over it, George."
"Who is it?" Lee asked annoyed.
They three of them stopped at the bottom of the stairs. Fred simply pointed to a longhaired brunette chatting away with Katie Bell.
"Emery." Fred called out as he walked towards her.
She turned around at the sound of his voice and a great smiled appeared on her face as Katie smiled as well before leaving the two.
"Fred." Emery kept the smile on her face as he wrapped his arms around her.
"Woo-woo!" Lee catcalled.
"Go Fred!" George added.
Fred looked down at Emery.
"Well, it seems like you finally told them."
"And it seems like they just told everyone in the tower." Fred soon shot the two a look.
Emery stood up and wrapped her arms around him. "Aw, who cares, Fred." And she kissed him lightly on the lips.
"God, you're so great." He whispered before kissing her.

Emery walked into the Great Hall, taking in her surroundings. She saw people crowding in different areas.
She soon saw the familiar ginger haired family and made her way towards them, counting the heads along the way.
There's one missing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Emery and Fred sat together under a tree on the grounds near the Black Lake. Her head upon his chest and their fingers intertwined.
"Emery, I need to tell you some things I should have probably told you before."
She looked up at him. "You aren't cheating on me or anything are you?"
He laughed at the accusation. "God no, Emery."
"Okay, good." She laid her head against his chest again.
"But, I don't know if you'll appreciate this anymore." He breathed in. "You know about George's and I's inventions and what not, right?" She nodded. "Well, we rented out a place in Diagon Alley. And we're opening Weasley's Wizard Wheezes; our joke shop."
"Really, Fred?" He nodded. "That's great!" She kissed him. "That's amazing! It's just what you two have always dreamed of!"
"Hah, yes. But," Fred started. "We plan on leaving soon."
She sat up right. "What do you mean? We're almost done school."
"Emery, you know I won't pass any of my NEWTs anyway-"
"Nonsense-"
"Emery. You know I won't. It's not I need them anyway. Our pranks and jokes are selling like crazy! We're going to be fine."
"B-b-but..." Emery started. "So you're just going to leave?" Fred was about to defend himself but Emery went on. "You're just to up and leave Hogwarts?"
"Well, why not? Umbridge is a big ol' toad anyway. It's the best time to-"
"Oh really? The best time to leave, eh?" Emery let go of his hand. "So, our relationship means absolutely nothing to you?"
"Emery-"
"I spill my heart to you, Fred. My soul to you. And you want to leave. Is that how it is? I was just nothing?"
"Emery, listen to me." He held her hand. "You weren't nothing. You aren't nothing. You are everything to me. You'll always be everything to me, Emery. I may be leaving Hogwarts but I will never leave you." He leaned forwards. "Emery, the truth is: I love you. I love everything about you. I believe in you. I believe you should follow your dreams. Hell, you can even open up a cafe near the shop! I want to be there with you, Emery; every step of the way. I love you, I love you, I love you. I love you Emery Caufield with all my heart."
Emery stared at him. Her eyes brimming with tears of happiness. "D-do you mean that?"
He held both of her hands. "I meant and always will mean every word of that. I love you."
He reached into his pocket and pulled out a box. He opened it and Emery gasped.
"It's a promise ring. I have one too. I'll wear it as long as you do."
The tears fell from her eyes as she nodded and put the ring on. Emery soon flung herself on Fred and repeatedly told him - "I love you too."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"It's amazing, guys. It really is." Emery exclaimed to Fred and George inside of Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.
"Thanks Emery!" George smiled broadly. "Hey! You! Are you planning to pay for that?!" George yelled and soon ran off.
Emery laughed and Fred couldn't help but smile at her. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head.
"I'm the luckiest man in the world."
"You're no man, Fred. You're still a little boy." Emery laughed as Fred pretend to be hurt.
"Oh how could you! And to think, I was about to surprise you with a present!"
Emery's eyes widen and a smile crept upon her face. "Really? A present?!"
"Not anymore." Fred looked away.
"Aw, Freddie, don't be mad at me." She nuzzled her face into his chest. "You knows I loves you."
Fred smiled and hugged her tightly. "Okay, I'll give it to you."
"Yay!"
"Okay, so close your eyes and open your hands."
Emery obliged. "This isn't a joke right?"
"No. But it would have been a nice set up." Emery smacked him lightly in the chest. "Okay, ready?" Emery nodded and Fred set the present into her hands. "Open!"
Emery opened her eyes and saw a set of keys. She looked up at Fred who was smiling broadly.
"Well...what do you think?"
"...well...what do they open?"
"Oh, hah, right!" Emery rolled her eyes. "Close your eyes again and take my hand."
Soon enough, Fred was leading her somewhere and soon stopped. "Okay, now, open!"
Emery's eyes opened and she gasped. She looked up before her and saw a sign; Caufield Cafe.
She stared wide-eyed at the sign before turning towards Fred who was smiling happily at her. "Well, go on, open the doors."
Emery did and they stepped inside.
"I decided to leave the decorating to you but I decided to get everything else."
Emery stared in amazement at the small cafe and imagined what it would look like - just like she always dreamed of.
She turned back towards Fred.
"So, what do you think?" He asked.
She didn't answer but instead jumped onto Fred and began kissing him feverishly. "My God, I love you Fred Weasley."
"I'm glad you like it. And look, its right next to the shop."
"Just like you wanted."
Emery's eyes shone. "How did I ever end up with someone as great as you?"
"Luck I guess." Fred laughed.
"You're still the same Fred, aren't you?" Emery joked.
"Nah. You changed me." He kissed her lightly on the lips. "For the better."
Fred spun around as Emery hung onto him hoping that the moment would always last.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Emery, no. I can't let you come!"
"I won't let you go without me!"
"Emery, I can't bear the thought of life without you. I just can't bear to think what I would do if something would to happen to you if you were to come."
"I feel the same way about you Fred! You can't go!"
"I have to go, Emery! My baby brother and sister are there!"
"B-b-but...no!" She clung onto Fred, tears streaming down her face. "Fred, no, please."
"Emery, I promise I'll be fine." He kissed her head and rubbed her back comfortingly.
"You promise?" She looked up at him.
"Yes." He kissed her. "I promise."
"Fred. George. We have to go, now." Mr. Weasley's said as he stood halfway in the portrait.
"Fred, be careful, please." She begged.
"I will." He kissed her. "I love you Emery Caufield."
"I love you Fred Weasley."
Through her teary eyes, she and Fred parted and she watched him climb through the portrait.
"They'll be fine deary." Mrs. Weasley cooed, hugging Emery before taking off into the portrait.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mr. Weasley?" Emery said as she was close to them.
Mr. Weasley turned around from his spot on the floor. His face stained with tears. "Emery." He croaked.
She looked around at the rest of the Weasley family who were standing: Charlie, Percy, Bill, Fleur, Ron and Ginny.
Emery tried to ask but soon spotted Mrs. Weasley lying onto of a body and George kneeling before the head.
"G-G-George." She stumbled over her words as she walked over to him.
He looked up, his eyes streaming tear marks down his face.
Emery kneeled beside him and looked down.
She couldn't get a word out of her mouth. She couldn't string a sentence together.
Emery saw Fred's pale face. A laugh etched onto it. He was gone.
She broke down crying. She walked over on her knees to one side and held his head in her hands.
"No, no, no." She continued to whisper. She ran her fingers over his face. "Please, wake up, Fred." She begged but nothing happen. "Please be joking, Fred. Please..." She softly let his head go and let her head be buried in her hands.
Emery heard the sniffles from various members of the family whom she could feel their stares.
She felt the arms of George wrapped around her and she soon clung onto him for dear life, sobbing heavily into his chest.
He tried to calm her down but realized he needed the comfort too.
The two hung onto each other.
"No, George. He can't be..."
"I wish it was so..."
She hugged him tighter. "No..."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you all for coming down to the opening of Caufield Cafe!" Emery's voice boomed and the crowd clapped. "I would like to thank Ginny Weasley for helping me organizing this opening! Now, please, enjoy!"
The crowd began to talk amongst themselves as Emery stepped down the tiny stage set up in her cafe.
"Thanks Ginny." Emery said, hugging her.
"No problem. It was fun." Gunny replied as they parted.
Emery left Harry and Ginny to talk and she ventured to a small-secluded place in the cafe.
She breathed a sigh of relief, noticing no one had found it yet. Emery sat herself into a chair and closed her eyes before a voice spoke.
"Did I ever tell you how much you sigh?"
Emery smiled and opened her eyes.
Before her chair stood a full size portrait of Fred Weasley who was now leaning on the frame from inside it.
"You probably have, Fred."
"And yet you continue to do it?" Fred smirked.
"Yes, but only because it annoys you oh so much." Emery replied, smirking right back at him.
Their smirks turned into smiles and Emery's eyes began to brim with tears as she continued to look at her deceased boyfriend from one of his three portraits as the other two were at the Weasley's and the joke shop.
"I miss you." She whispered only letting one tear fall.
"I miss you too." He whispered. "I miss kissing you. I miss being able to hold you. I miss your scent. God, I miss everything about you." He began to let some of his tears fall.
"You promised Fred..." Emery said.
"I know..." He said sadly. "But, Emery."
"Yes?"
"It's not like we're not apart."
"It's not the same, Fred." She breathed in shakily. "I miss being happy..."
"You're not..."
"No, I'm not."
"We'll be together, Emery. When you pass on, I'm coming with you to go on or you're coming to live in here with me and we're going to live like we've always planned. I'm going to marry you, Emery."
She smiled through her tears and got up and pressed her hand against his portrait. He placed his hand near hers.
"I love you Emery and always will."
"I love you too, Fred. I always will."
They pressed their lips against each others and they both swear they felt the touch of the others.