How could I live without the ones I love?

Getting back together

I wanted to go back home. I wanted to tell Andy what happened last night. But I had spent the night without telling her where I was and I didn't answer her calls. She should be worried about me right now.
I thought about the discussion Zacky and I had some hours before and I recalled all the words he spoke to me. They still hurt after all this time. Knowing the truth hurt.
I tried to imagine how my life would be if I hadn't meet them on that festival 4 years ago. How would my life be right now if I hadn't tapped Jimmy's shoulder so he apologized stepping on my foot, if I hadn't watched their rehearsal, if I hadn't been Zacky's girlfriend for more than 3 years.
What if I moved away from everything and started again?
But then I came back to reality. How could I live without the ones I love?
I couldn't live without Jimmy, one of my best friends. I couldn't live without Zacky, even if we weren't together. I couldn't live without any of the guys, they became way too important for me to let them go.

John left after breaking up with Andy. He wasn't living in the States anymore.
I wasn't very informed about the album the band was almost recording, but I did know it was going to be called 'City of Evil' and I'd listened to two songs they were going to include on it - 'Bat Country' and 'Trashed and Scattered'. They sounded really good, they were getting better and better every year.

Zacky arrived at the house Sarah used to live and parked the car. He got out of his car and saw Sarah sitting on the top of a rock looking at the ocean.
'Thank god you're here, Sarah!', he thought.
He ran towards her and stopped behind her.

"Finally I found you, Sarah!", he said.
I turned my head back and looked at him. He seemed tired and like he'd been walking a lot. I didn't know why he carried his guitar on his back, but I wasn't really worried about that. I had my eyes swollen and looked sad. I turned my head back and stared at the sea again.
"Sarah, I'm sorry.", he said. "I'm sorry for last night. I'm sorry for not going after you when you left. I need you to tell me you're alright."
I didn't say a thing. I didn't know what to do.
"Please.", he said with a tone of concern on his voice. "Please say something."
"I don't know what to say.", I mumbled taking my eyes off the ocean.
"Why did you spend the night here? Andy is fucking worried about you?", he said. "I am fucking worried about you."
"You are?", I asked.
"Of course I am. I tried to forget you, stop thinking about you... But I can't. I simply can't.", he said. He was still in the same place. "You mean too much for me.", he mumbled.
"You mean to much for me, as well.", I said quietly. But it was too quiet for him to listen.
"Look, the band hasn't played this song to anyone before, but... I think it fits exactly to what I'm feeling right now.", he said. He grabbed his guitar and started playing the song and singing.

'Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over

I see my vision burn,
I feel my memories fade with time
But I'm too young to worry
These streets we travel on will undergo our same lost past

I found you here, now please just stay for a while
I can't move on with you around
I hand you my mortal life, but will it be forever?
I'd do anything for a smile, holding you 'til our time is done
We both know the day will come, but I don't want to leave you

I see my vision burn,
I feel my memories fade with time
But I'm too young to worry
(a melody, a memory, or just one picture)

Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over

Newborn life, replacing all of us, changing this fable we live in
No longer needed here so where should we go?
Will you take a journey tonight, follow me past the walls of death?
But girl, what if there is no eternal life?

I see my vision burn,
I feel my memories fade with time
But I'm too young to worry
(a melody, a memory, or just one picture)

Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over
Trials in life, questions of us existing here, don't wanna die alone without you here
Please tell me what we have is real

So, what if I never hold you, or kiss you lips again?
So I never want to leave you and the memories of us to see
I beg don't leave me

Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over
Trails in life, questions of us existing here, don't wanna die alone without you here
Please tell me what we have is real

(Silence you lost me, no chance for one more day)
I stand here alone
Falling away from you, no chance to get back home'


I looked at him in the middle of the song. It was a beautiful song and he was right - it fitted perfectly to what I was feeling right now too.

"It's... It's beautiful!", I said.
He looked at me and smiled. "I wanna seize every day with you. I don't wanna regret not spending them with the one I love."
I got up and ran towards him. I hugged him as tightly as I could, I missed hugging him so badly! He hugged me back and smiled.
"I'm sorry, Zacky!", I whispered. "It was all my fault."
He lifted my chin and looked me in the eyes.
"I love you too.", I said.
He approached his lips to mine and kissed me. I felt tears of happiness rolling down my cheeks. He cleared them with his thumbs and smiled.
I put my arms around his neck and kissed his cheek when his phone started ringing.
"Oh shit...", he said. I looked at him confused. "I forgot to tell Andy I found you!"

"Zacky, have you found her?", Andy asked.
"Yeah, I'm here with her.", he said as he looked at me smiling.
"Is she okay?", she asked concerned.
"Yup. And now, if you don't mind, we have a lot to speak.", he said with a smirk.
Andy laughed and hung up the call.

He put his arms around my waist and kissed my nose.
"I missed you.", he said.
"I missed you too.", I added.
"So... Are we okay, now?", he asked.
"I think we are.", I said.
"You think?", he asked. Then a smile appeared on his face while he lifted me of the ground and kissed me.

We arrived at Matt's house before it was time for the band's rehearsal. Zacky opened the car's door and held my hand.
As soon as we entered the house Andy ran towards us and hugged us tightly.
"I was starting to think you two were never going to get back together!", she said smirking.
I looked at Zacky and smiled. We were together again.

The band's rehearsal couldn't be better. They played every song they wanted to put on the album, recorded them and were ready to hit the studio.
"I can't wait to see your album for sale in every music store!", I said smiling.
"I hope the fans like this album.", Johnny said.
"Yeah, dude. Me too.", Matt said. "I hope they like our music without the screaming."
"They will!", Andy added.
Zacky hugged me from behind and entwined his fingers with mine - like he always did when he was nervous. Damn, I missed that too!
"Hey, guys.", I said. "What if we celebrated this?"
"Yeah!", Brian yelled smiling.
"Let's go to a bar!", Johnny said. "I'll pay tonight!"
"You're so fucked up now, Johnny!", Jimmy said laughing.

I laughed. They were still the same almost five years after I met them.
Jimmy had his huge spiky hair and wore kimonos and shorts - now he had black hair and dressed almost normally.
Zacky's spiky hair was now slightly pulled up instead.
Brian's blond hair made way to his now black 'hedgehog' hair.
But they were still the same crazy boys I met. And I loved them all with all my heart.