A Bleeding Lily

You

24 March 2008 {Monday}

You never think it's going to happen to you. You read that kind of thing in the newspapers, you hear it on the radio, you see it on television. And still there seems to be an invisible barrier between your life and the lives of those affected by tragedy. But then it does happen, it happened to you. And I saw you, I saw it all.

The doctors think it's only shock, a shattered clavicle, and a broken wrist. It's more than that, much more. And you're gone. Even after it was over, I could see it all so clearly, crisp and gritty and almost more real than when it was actually happening. I thought I had been frozen in time, reliving it over and over from every different angle.

But now there's nothing left, nothing but a man with a blurred face and your terrified eyes.

March 17th, less than two weeks away from your birthday. You would have been 16 in nine days but now you never will be. Not 16, or 25 or 78. Not anything, not anymore; nothing but a shell in the ground.

I loved you, I still love you.... I was in love with you, but you never knew that. And I never got the chance to tell you. We had known each other for seven years, seven years that seem like a broken dream now.

You were my best friend and I sat there and watched you die. I watched as he killed you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Should I continue? Please comment and tell me what you think!

~aep