Status: DONE

Fire in Our Hearts and Ice in Our Veins

DIX

Patrick’s computer beeped with a video chat request. He couldn’t hold back his smile when he saw it had come from Harley. It had been two weeks since Patrick had left Paris and he hadn’t heard from her since. He tried to push her out of his mind, but he missed her terribly. Every time he closed his eyes her long blonde hair and bright blue-green eyes tortured him. He ran to the nearest mirror to make sure he looked presentable and then ran back to accept the video chat.

“Harley!” he said, more enthusiastically than he had intended. But she didn’t look happy to see him. It felt like someone had ripped his heart out when he saw the pained expression written across her pretty face. “Harley? What’s wrong?”

“I’m so sorry, Patrick. I just didn’t know who else to call!” she sobbed, “it’s Catherine! I thought she was just sick or something, but she hadn’t been to classes in awhile. So I went over to the orphanage to check on her today and Jacob told me she had been…” she burst into tears, “adopted! That’s not even the worst part! Jacob refused to give me any information on her whereabouts and when he offered my information to the people that adopted her they told him ‘they wouldn’t be needing it.’ I have no idea where she is, or who she’s with! I just miss her so much!”

“Well, I’m sure she’s just fine,” Patrick replied, staring off into the distance.

Patrick’s words shocked Harley. Could he really still resent her for rejecting his kiss that night in Paris? She began to become infuriated. She thought Patrick loved Catherine, how could he be acting like this?

“Hey, can ya hang on a sec Har? Corey’s about to come back from ballet.”

“Wait? Corey takes ballet now? What the hell?” Harley was so confused.

“Ummm… not exactly,” Patrick said guiltily and rubbed the back of his neck. He then disappeared from the screen.

“WE’RE HOME!!” Harley heard Corey yell from off camera.

“Hey Cor, guess who’s on video chat?” Patrick said, also off camera.

“Who?”

“Harley,” Patrick replied.

“OHMAIGAWD! HAR HAR!” all the sudden Corey’s voice started to get closer to the computer.

She almost screamed when she saw Corey. Not because she missed him so much, but because he was dangling a brunette five year old upside down in front of the camera. She was giggling uncontrollably and waved to Harley before Corey brought her upright again.

“Bonjour Harley!” Catherine’s face suddenly filled the screen.

Harley was speechless. Soon, Patrick had entered the room.

“Comment était la danse de classe, Catherine? (How was dance class, Catherine?)” he asked her.

“Very well!” she replied after thinking for a moment.

“Very good,” he corrected her and she nodded her head.

“Wait a minute, you speak French?” Harley interrupted.

“Well I’m learning,” Patrick said sheepishly, “all the guys are. And we’re teaching Cat English.”

“YOU ADOPTED CATHERINE?!” Harley yelled angrily, finally getting a grasp of the situation.

“Yeah,” Patrick shrugged, “none of us wanted her to have to live in an orphanage anymore so Johnny, Brent, Duncs, Corey, Sharpie and I have been taking care of her.

“But I miss her,” Harley said in almost a whisper.

“Well I was thinking about that. I kind of bought you a plane ticket to come here in two weeks. Could just be to visit or,” Patrick paused, “you could stay here. We have plenty of room and I called Joffery Ballet of Chicago and they’d be happy to take you…”

Harley was in shock as Patrick rambled on about the details. She shook her head. “Patrick, you can’t possibly expect me to drop my entire life in Paris and move to Chicago. I really appreciate the visit but that’s all it will be, a visit.”

Patrick’s face fell. “Oh, okay, well I’ll email you the details.”

All the sudden he heard the sound of something crashing in the background followed by a cursing coming from an unknown masculine voice. Patrick’s entire body froze up.

“Oh God, I gotta go. Bye Patrick, take care of Catherine for me.” And with that she was gone.

Patrick continued to stare at the screen for a while after the video chat had ended.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda just a filler chapter. As always hit me up with muchos commentos!

I have also decided that the next chapter will be the final chapter...
BUT!
there will be a sequel (check that out here) which I am working on already. YAY!