Not Meant.

Methods.

Dinner was interesting. Jase was trying to be romantic and not a complete dick. Shockingly. I smiled a real smile rather than a fake one. I couldn't believe it only took a day for him to make me feel semi-comfortable around him again. Bastard.

"Brad asked me why I had a black eye today." Jase abruptly brought up, taking a bite of his burger.

"What did you tell him?" I quirked brow, shocked that Brad didn't ask me about it.

"I told him that I hit something, maybe my bed post." He answered with a chuckle.

"Great." I rolled my eyes, no wonder Brad thinks we had sex. Well, we did. But still.

"How are you feeling?" He randomly switched the topic.

"Good, why?" I retort, more than curiosity behind my voice. Almost suspicion.

"You don't look too well." He stated, leaning forward and touching my forehead.

"I'm fine." I laughed and swatted his hand away. "Really, I am."

"Alright." He smiled, his eyes dreamily staring into mine. We stayed silent for a moment, eating our food and then paid for the bill. Jase held my hand then opened the car door for me.

"Your car is still a sin to me." I hissed as I got inside.

"We'll just have to make better memories in here." He assured, getting inside and starting the car.

"Is that why you did it?" I groaned.

"Did what?" He immediately replied, then got silent. "Oh, no."

"Sure." I scoffed with a sigh.

"Kailey." He groaned. "Why?"

"Sorry. sorry." I mumbled, if we were going to work through this then I couldn't be sour about it. We both agreed and that's how it is.

"Looking forward to Thanksgiving break?" He randomly asked and I paused.

"Not really." I whispered.

"Oh?" He quirked a brow and parked in front of my house.

"Yeah. Kelsey comes back." I muttered. I haven't seen her in a year, and I'm acting this way.

"For good?" He questioned.

"For break." I corrected, at which he nodded.

"Shouldn't you be happy though?" He suggested and I shrugged.

"Last time she tried to pose as me and they almost believed her for a moment and took me to that God forsaken school." I ranted, glaring out the window at the memories.

"Sounds intense." He commented.

"You have no idea." I coldly laughed, then unclasped my seat belt. "I appreciate dinner."

"I appreciate you." He sweetly replied, kissing my forehead. "Thanksgiving you must take time to come over."

"I'll see what I can do, it's still a few weeks away." I reminded and he nodded.

"Regardless." He chuckled, then sat back in his chair as I got out of the car. I waved and went inside my house.

"Was dinner good?" My mom inquired, sitting at the couch watching some cooking channel.

"Yeah, it was good." I replied, with a big grin.

"You should come sit and watch this, they're ideas for Thanksgiving meals." She cooed, pen and paper in hand as she wrote some of these things down. "I have it recording as well."

"Oh, Thanksgiving has no idea what's coming. For she is not only writing it down, but it is recordin!" I exclaimed in a childish voice. She laughed and shook her head, passing me a pen and paper. Thus we both sat there, watching intensely as the people cooked and explained their methods.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww... I'm actually really liking this story. But expect the unexpected!!! :D