Not Meant.

Zeitgeist.

I didn't let the fact he didn't use a condom, and "forgot" to pull out because he was in the moment, ruin our day. No, I actually made him dinner with the groceries he had and threw something together instead.

"It was delicious." He said, leaning back in the chair and tapped his stomach.

"Thank you." I smiled, standing and grabbing the plates.

"Those were some weird combinations though, I didn't expect it to taste good. Then again, I eat really anything." He added, causing me to stop walking.

"What do you mean weird combinations?" I inquired, turning around.

"Well, I've never heard of anyone mixing what you mixed together." He explained, causing me to choke a bit.

"Do you think I'm pregnant?" I whined, tears sliding down my cheeks. I retreated to the kitchen, and sat the dishes on the counter. I leaned forward and took in a deep breath.

"It doesn't happen that quickly, Kailey. Your mind is a powerful thing, quit thinking about it." He cooed, lightly rubbing my back.

"You're right." I nodded, then gulped. "My period has just been weird."

"What?" He asked, staring at me intensely.

"Nothing. I'm stressing my body with all our arguing that's all." I assured, and he nodded.

"That's actually very common, especially since you've actually been participating in PE, that also affects the menstrual cycle." He mused, drinking the rest of his soda.

"How do you know about that?" I furrowed my brows, staring at him.

"I pay attention to Health?" He mused.

"No, not that. The PE part." I corrected, eying him down and he laughed but suddenly got quiet.

"Maybe I watch you?" He quirked a brow, a sly grin on his face.

"Wow, we don't even have the same teacher. You have weight lifting class and I decided to take another year of PE because it's easy." I laughed, washed the plates off and stuck them in the dishwasher.

"Yeah, I know." He grinned. "So, are you going to stay the first night in here with me. Please?"

"Jase." I sighed and he pouted. "My parents will flip."

"I kind of already talked to them." He sheepishly admitted.

"What?" For some reason I was very angry. "What do you mean, Jase? You can't do this."

"Do what?" He asked, innocently as if he didn't know.

"Take control like this, we're a team. You're not the leader, there are no leaders with us." I stated, exhaling sharply.

"But, Kailey." His bottom lip pouted out. "I wasn't trying to be the boss or anything, I'm just head strong. Which is the reason my dad is glad I'm going to be in charge of my department at work, along with Leon."

"Excuse me?" I almost choked on my own spit.

"What?" He furrowed his brows, looking me over.

"You said Leon?" I inquired and he nodded. "I thought she was lying." I whispered to myself, thinking aloud.

"Who?" He questioned, grabbing another soda from the fridge.

"My sister's baby's daddy." I groaned.

"Leon impregnated your sister?" He snorted, finishing that soda really quick as if he hadn't drank in days.

"Yeah." I frowned, and grabbed his empty can along with the other one, and put them in the little recycle bin in the kitchen.

"I knew there was a reason he wanted to show his face around here." Jase cringed, then left. I stood there dumb founded, what has Leon done? I quickly followed and cleared my throat.

"What do you mean?" I curiously ask, my head tilting to the side.

"Nothing." He mumbled, going in the restroom and shutting the door. I sighed and sat down on the couch, then checked my phone. Figures Megan would call.

"Hey." I greeted, pressing the phone to my ear.

"I need you." She sniffled.

"What's wrong?" I sigh, slipping my shoes off then curling up on the couch.

"Brad, like dumped me." She cried, her voice cracking.

"He just wants a break right now, give him some time." I advised, feeling bad for her.

"No, he was so mean Kailey. I'm about to go over to your house and slap him." Her voice was so angry, and hurt.

"I wouldn't."

"You don't understand."

"I do understand, he's just falling for you."

"Wh-what?"

"I can tell, he's never been with a girl for so long. He's falling for you and he doesn't know how to handle it. Be a bitch, quit talking to him, and let him see what he's missing."

"Show him what he's missing?"

"Exactly."

"Okay. Thank you."

"No problem, and just be loyal. Promise?"

"I love your brother, Kailey. I would never do anything to hurt him."

"I know you wont." I smiled. "Talk to you later?"

"Of course." Then we hung up. Oh how I loathe talking on the phone, but for Megan I have these quick conversations. I smiled to myself, and closed my eyes.

"Kailey, I know I wanted you to stay the night. Do you mind though, if I do some work?" Jase entered the room, asking while he walked in with his laptop.

"Of course I don't mind." I replied as if he just told a joke, with a laugh and everything.
"Why would I?"

"I didn't know if it would be considered rude." He chuckled, flipping it open and reading. I heard the typing of the keyboard and slowly closed my eyes.

"It's so peaceful here, and quiet. No yelling, or anything." I grinned.

"Yep." He mumbled, and I peeked an eye open to see him intensely staring at his laptop.

"What's wrong?" I furrowed my brows.

"Nothing, just need to pay attention." His voice was quiet, and I knew he didn't want to be bothered.

"I'm going to raid your boxers and shirts for pajamas tonight." I informed, getting up and heading to the stairs.

"Okay, but hey. Pick your shoes up and put them by the front door, okay?" I know he didn't mean to sound rude, but it did come off that way. I nodded and did as I was told, then headed to his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Likin the stories my lovely readers? :) Is it entertaining or becoming boring? It's more like a real life kind of story, how it's being played out I suppose. Nothing crazy, I guess. Heh. I'm having fun writing it, so I hope you guys are having fun reading it.