Not Meant.

Reputation.

"I'm glad you're feeling better." Jase said for the millionth time that evening.

"Yes, Jase. I have been before the sex, don't get cocky." I stuck my tongue out to him, drinking a warm coke.

"Don't hate that the penis has almighty powers." He bragged, running around the room as if he had a cape on.

"Oh lord." I giggled when there was a knock at the door. I got up and opened it, seeing a girl with blond hair at the top and light brown hair on the bottom. "Yes?"

"Is Jase here?" She questioned, peeking behind me.

"And you are?" I retort.

"Is he here or not? I don't think I asked who you are, or even volunteered to inform you of who I am." She snarled, then suddenly smiled.

"Jade!" Jase howled, shoving past me to embrace his cousin in a hug. Great.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay here, I don't think I could handle your parents." She made a gag gesture then stared at me.

"Oh, Jade. This is my girl friend, Kailey." Jase introduced, and she looked at me with guilt.

"I didn't know, I'm so sorry." She apologized, then hugged me. "I can be a bitch sometimes, you'll have to forgive me."

"It's all good." I assured, with a slight nod.

"Are you pregnant?" She randomly asked, wiping the smile off my face.

"Pardon?" I dryly reply.

"Sorry, I come off as blunt. But, I usually call these things. I'm sensing that from you. But, Jase. You said she wasn't going to have sex til she was eighteen. Of course, you get your way usually. I just figured since she held out this long, a few months wouldn't be an issue." Jade rambled, then looked at me and got quiet. "I'll shut up now."

"Sorry about her." Jase chuckled, closing the door for me. I slowly turned around, my mouth still slightly open.

"You tell her about our personal business?" I quietly yelled at him, but in a whisper.

"I know all her business, and she knows most of mine." He quietly explained, then gave me a skeptic look. "She's like my best friend."

"Thought Tyler was?" I placed a hand on my hip.

"Tyler is temporary, family is forever." Jase simply answered, then rushed over to Jade. They both started gossiping, leaving me to myself. I felt so left out, and my hormones were racing.

.

After what seemed like an hour, they finally noticed I wasn't in the room.

"Kailey!" Jase hollered, I heard him excuse himself then come into the room. I was looking at my cell phone, and messaging people.

"Yeah?" I answered, not looking up.

"I'm sorry that you feel left out. I haven't seen Jade in wow a long time." He explained, taking a seat at the edge of the bed. That actually made me feel a lot better.

"Really?" I glanced up, furrowed brows and all.

"Yeah." He frowned. "I'm just glad she finally got time to visit."

"Awe, I'm happy for you babe." I sincerely said, giving him a kiss.
"Go hang out, I'll be up here. I'm actually thinking of going home."

"You are home, Kailes. Get comfy." He winked and walked out. I narrowed my eyes and knew if I got dressed to leave, he'd cause a scene in front of Jade and I don't want that. So instead, I went down stairs and started eating lays chips, then I got peanut butter and ate it with that.
"You sure she isn't preggo?" I heard Jade mutter, and they both watched me.

"Quit." I frowned, and looked away. I heard them laugh and for some reason I laughed.

"We really got off on the wrong foot, I didn't mean to piss you off." She sincerely apologized, taking a seat next to me after Jase excused himself.

"It's all good, I was just wondering who you were, and I was afraid you were some chick that like was going to tell me he was yours or something." I sheepishly confessed and she giggled.

"Well it does run in the family, so I don't blame you." She laughed.

"What does?" I asked, my smile fading.

"Cheating. You didn't know?" She quirked a brow. "I wonder why he hasn't told you."

"What?" I felt my heart skip a beat and I sighed.

"Yeah, how do you think his mom and dad got together? Or me." She laughed.

"Or you?" I looked her over. "You're his cousin."

"Cousin?" She repeated, her smile fading. "I'm his half sister."

"Half sister?" I repeated.

"Back." Jase greeted, kissing my forehead and snagged a chip with a smile.

"You told Kailey that I'm your cousin?" Jade confronted, eying Jase down. Suddenly his smile disappeared.

"Ugh." He choked on the chip and looked away. "I'm going to make dinner."

"Jase." I whispered.

"Okay, fine. My dad cheated on my mom, while my mom was pregnant. Is that what you wanted to hear?" He spat, then left. I stared at Jade with tears in my eyes.

"I guess he's ashamed, I mean I'm pretty ashamed too. Adam does some mean things to his girl, if they're even still together." Jade confessed, staring at the floor. "The Laud's are good business people, not good soul mates."

"Jase is a good soul mate." I corrected, then left to find Jase. I found him sitting on the counter, blankly staring at the wall.

"I didn't want you knowing." He sighed.

"What? That you have a sister?" I teased, a smile on my face.

"That my family has issues." He corrected, shifting his eyes to me.

"Every family does. All of mine get knocked up." I tried to lighten the mood, and it worked for a moment.

"True, but I'd take pregnancy over unfaithfulness any day." He admitted, resting his arms on my shoulders and lightly put his hands on the back of my head. He pulled me closer and rested his chin on my head.

"You are a good man, and you are not what your family is." I assured, and he just exhaled sharply.

"I'm sure." He scoffed. At which I jerked my head back and stared into his eyes.

"You are a good soul mate." I whispered.

"I cheated on you with Ashlyn." He reminded, tears in his eyes.

"Don't make your family thing an excuse, Jase." I growled.

"I'm not." He mumbled. "I just wish I had more self control."

"We've been together for how long? You can use that as fuel to have more self control. Why would you want to fuck up with someone that's been there through so much?" I questioned, which I could tell it was sticking in his mind for he stared off with a thoughtful expression.

"That's true." He answered and smiled. "Thanks."

"No problem." I reply, then we kissed.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 comments = love.