Not Meant.

Burger.

School was uneventful. The students gossip as usual, and their main topic: Megan's parties.

"Food?" Jase suggested, walking me to his car.

"Actually, I was thinking of going with Megan." I declined, receiving a sharp nudge from her.

"I'm taking Brad to my house, so you aren't going with us." She denied me, smiled at Jase then caught up to Bradley.

"Bitch." I muttered, then shifted my attention to Jase.

"You know, never mind then, Kailey. If you don't want me anymore." He stalked off, and unlocked his car. I instantly felt bad and caught up to him.

"It's not that, Jase. I want you to know what it feels like." I pouted, bending over to peek inside giving him full view down my shirt.

"What it feels like to what? Be annoyed?" He sarcastically mused, being the ass-self he enjoys being.

"Well that too, I suppose." I looked away with furrowed brows.

"Get in." He chuckled, unlocking the door. I opened it and slid in with ease.

"Hey, man. Thought we were hanging out?" Charlie came over, glaring at me.

"Sorry, Charles. Hanging out with my main squeeze today." Jase waved. "See you tomorrow!"

"You're so mean to him." I scolded, watching Charlie stand there dumb founded in the parking lot as we drove away.

"The kid looks up to me too much." Jase sounded so conceited right now.

"He's not a kid." I pointed out. "He already turned eighteen, yesterday."

"How do you know this?" He skeptically replied, jealousy filled this boys brain.

"Because Megan told me that's what the party was about last night." I explained, letting out a deep breath.

"I forget she's your best friend." He laughed, pulling into Tom's Burger.

"How do you forget? Her and I have been best friends since second grade." I reminisced, shutting the door gently.

"I don't particularly care about other females and their lives, Kailey. All I care to keep up with, is yours." He stated, opening the door for me allowing me to walk in first.

"Well isn't that sweet?" I quirked a brow, standing in front of the large menu and peeked at my options.

"Ready to order?" A pretty Hispanic lady asked behind the counter.

"Yes, a big burger for me, with fries, a RC and an order of Onion rings. Also some chili cheese fries. And your garden burger with fries, and another RC for the lady." Jase ordered, pulling out his wallet.

"I have this one." I told him, gently placing my hand on his wallet.

"No, no. That's not how this goes." He hissed, swatting my hand away and giving her his card.

"But you already pay for the gas, least I can do is pay for the food." I whined, pouting my bottom lip.

"You already give me everything I've always wanted, well will once you turn eighteen. Least I can do is treat you to food." He mocked, then signed the receipt and took his card back.

"How sweet." The lady behind the counter butted in, handing us the number and our drinks.

"Thanks." I groaned, grabbing a straw and chose the booth. Jase sat in front of me and grinned, when we heard loud laughter.

"Oh great." It was my brother, and Megan. He stood there staring at Jase then looked at me.

"Hey." Jase nodded, then glanced at Meg then turned his attention to the soda.

"Yo." Brad replied, then turned to me. "Mom thinks I'm with Tyler, back me up, yeah?"

"Of course." I sighed.

"Want us to join?" Megan giggled, at which Jase stood and sat next to me. Megan slid in, sitting directly in front of me, and Brad sat in front of Jase.

"So, what'd you order?" Brad asked Jase, nodding his head to add some dramatic affect.

"Burger, fries, onion rings, and chili fries." Jase nonchalantly answered, as if that wasn't a lot of food.

"Nice. I ordered their turkey sandwich and some burrito." Brad shrugged, causing Megan to laugh.

"What did you order?" Jase inquired, turning his attention to Meg.

"Grilled cheese, with fries." She muttered. "I didn't feel like eating any meat today."

"Lovely." I chimed, and she laughed.

"Oh you wish this was an all the time thing." She stuck her tongue out, then cuddled Brad.

"Are you two official now?" I realized my tone came out really annoyed, rather than curious. At which I sheepishly looked away.

"Yeah, I asked her out last night right before I slammed into her." Brad rudely answered, causing a burning sensation in my throat which meant I was about to puke. "No, I'm kidding sis. But yes, we are dating now."

"Cool." I nodded, taking a big gulp of my drink. Suddenly our food came, and then a few minutes later theirs came. We all ate in silence, and the boys shared their food. Brad gave Jase a slice of a turkey sandwich, in return Jase allowed Brad to pick at the chili fries and onion rings. It was a real feast.

"Thanks for joining us at lunch." Jase thanked, leaving a tip and helped me out of the booth.

"Thanks for sharing your food." Brad replied, with a nod. He wrapped an arm around Megan, then smiled at me. "See you at the house for dinner."

"Of course." I mumbled, giving Megan an awkward hug since Brad's arm is around her. I followed Jase to his car and got inside quietly. Well, Brad obviously doesn't hate Jase or he's giving him a chance at least.

"So, Kailey." Jase muttered once he got inside. Starting the car and took in a deep breath.

"Yes?" I replied, leaning my head back against the seat.

"What would you do if I proposed to you one of these days?" He abruptly questioned, causing me to stop breathing. I finally let the air out of my lungs and glanced at him.

"Ugh." I stammered, not knowing how to respond. What would I do? "I mean, I haven't even accepted to being your girlfriend. I think you'd know the answer to that."

"I'm not talking about now, but in the future. Could you see yourself ever getting married to me?" He was being serious, but why? I narrowed my eyes slightly, then took in a deep breath.

"I suppose." I agreed, with a slight shrug of my shoulders. "I mean, if I had to marry anyone right now, I would want it to be you."

"Thanks." He chuckled. Driving to my house.

"Why though?" I inquired, my curiosity eating my brain alive.

"My parents have been talking to me a lot about it." He whispered, as if ashamed or afraid they'd hear.

"Why?" I didn't mean to laugh, but really the idea was funny.

"Because they want grand kids or some shit. They're being greedy, Kailey. They're still young themselves." He pointed out, and I nodded. They had Jase when they were fifteen, could you imagine being a fifteen year old parent? Because I couldn't.

"Well, you don't plan on following their footsteps." I pointed out and he nodded.

"I'm seventeen now, I can't follow exactly in their footsteps now." He added, at which I nodded.

"Just tell them, you're still young and one day you'll give them grand kids." I advised, kissing his cheek before getting out of the car.

"I want you to stay the night at my house some time." He abruptly informed, after I walked to his side of the car now. I leaned in through the driver's window and smiled.

"Not happening." I cutely declined, kissing him.

"Please?" He pouted, closing his eyes as I ran a hand through his hair.

"Nope." I backed away, and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Besides, that'd be over crossing our friendship bounds."

"Because we're totally just friends." He rolled his eyes and pulled out of the drive way, he parked in front of my house and waited for me to go inside. Jase can be an ass, but sometimes he could be such a sweet guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you like the set up of the story? Feedback would be lovely. Please and thank you.