Not Meant.

Secrets.

"The cops were called?!" I groaned, running a hand through my hair. I glared at Jase when I saw Jade coming into the room in her pajamas.

"What's going on?" She yawned, then headed into the kitchen.

"Where have you been?" I sighed, walking away from Jase.

"Family trip for Christmas and stuff." She shrugged. "Plus, I was with this guy."

"Guy?" I repeated.

"Kailey, we're not done with this." Jase sternly spoke, standing directly in front of me.

"Yeah, Charles." She nonchalantly name dropped.

"Charlie?!" I laughed, pushing Jase aside.

"Kailey." He growled.

"I'll get details later, Jade. Jase is gonna have a bitch fest." I rolled my eyes then stared at Jase. "What else do you want to talk about? Huh? How we're obviously having so much issues that the neighbors are calling the cops?"

"Maybe you should leave." He coldly spat. My mouth hung open a bit, and I heard Jade choke on her drink.

"Excuse me?" I gulped.

"Maybe that's best for us." He shrugged.

"Okay, fine." I stormed off and went upstairs. I heard him follow me, so I slammed the door behind me.

"What are you doing?" He groaned, leaning against the door.

"I'm getting my shit." I snarled.

"Leave it." He demanded.

"No, Jase. If I leave, I'm not coming back." I warned, staring intensely at him.

"So, you're telling me that if you leave for us to have a break, you aren't returning?" His voice was so monotone.

"Exactly." I confirmed, and he rolled his eyes.

"That's childish." He turned on his heel and started walking away.

"Excuse you?" I grabbed his arm, at which he stopped.

"It's childish, Kailey. I'm not going to entertain such behavior." He simply said.

"Stop talking like that!" I screamed. "I'm being serious! I want to work this out! I don't want us to keep doing this stupid shit, where we leave and eventually come back!"

"Then...don't leave." His eyes stared into me with an emotion that I couldn't grasp.

"You just...." I stopped talking then turned back to the room. I slammed the door shut then locked it. I went into the bathroom and sat on the toilet. I didn't know what to say, feel, or anything. I just sat there.

.

It felt like forever since I left the room. I went down stairs and heard Jase.

"I don't know." He whispered.

"Just tell her." Jade's voice advised.

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because..." He was having a hard time with something. I felt my heart thump, and hurt. Did he cheat on me? I headed back up stairs and sat on our bed. With furrowed brows I stared at my hands.

"Kailey?" Jade entered the room and I heard the front door slam.

"Yeah?" I sniffed, wiping my eyes.

"Are you okay?" She sat next to me and I shrugged.

"He cheated on me, huh?" I quietly ask, my voice barely audible.

"No." She furrowed her brows.

"Of course, you wouldn't tell me." I snort, then stared out the window.

"Kailey, did you hear our conversation?" She wasn't really shocked.

"Sort of." I mumbled.

"Then you know?" She mumbled. "I don't see why it would be that big of a deal."

"It kills." I frown. "I don't like the fact he'd cheat."

"He didn't cheat. You obviously didn't hear enough." Jade laughed and stood up. "He can tell you."

"What?" I stood as well. "Where'd he go?"

"Probably Tyler's." She shrugged, leaving the room. I followed her down stairs where she has nachos ready and the TV on.

"So, Charlie?" I mumbled, taking quick glances out the window.

"Yeah." She smiled, eating a chip. "He's tall, cute, and handsome."

"That's cool." I laughed. "Are you two serious?"

"No, we just fuck." She nonchalantly answered.

"Wow." I breathed out.

"What?" She laughed. "Don't trip, I use protection."

"Ha. Ha. Ha." I rolled my eyes at her lame joke, then snagged a chip. "So delicious."

"Make your own." She pouted, then I snatched the bowl. Yes, bowl. She didn't put them on a plate.

"No, I'm pregnant. You go make your own." I laughed and started eating more of them.

"I did make my own, that you happen to be snacking on and putting your nasty preggo fingers on!" She accused, trying to snag the bowl.

"No!" I screamed and we both started laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm, what could Jase have told Jade?