Not Meant.

Business.

Between Jase and I doing better, with my sister and I not talking. The negatives and positives balanced each other out. But then, all good things come to an end.

"I don't want to go." I stubbornly said, wrapping my arms around my chest.

"Kailey, it's a dinner. Not a commitment." Jase sternly replied, tossing the toy for Casey to get for him. Yeah, that's right Casey has learned to walk. He's ten months old now, and I haven't talked to my sister at all since the wedding incident.

"I refuse." I stomped my foot and walked out.

"Aren't you a good role model." Jase hollered. I walked over, grabbed Casey, nodded at Jase and left the room. "Or you can take our son."

"Oh, I will!" I couldn't help but laugh at how stupid this whole situation is. I just didn't want to see Kelsey. I ran a bath for Casey and sat there as he played in it. Jase's sister is down here for a while, visiting Charlie and since she's out here they agreed to watching Casey for us tonight.

"Hello, hello!" Jade walked in the bathroom, then smiled at Casey.
"Hi my beautiful nephew! You've gotten soo big!"

"Hey, Jade." I replied with a small wave, then turned back to Casey and pushed his Ducky around.

"What's wrong?" She questioned, sitting on the floor with her back against the wall.

"Stupid Jase is forcing me to go." I frowned, slowly shifting my eyes to the floor.

"Well, why wouldn't you? Didn't you and your mom patch things up?" She inquired, at which I nodded.

"Yes, but I dislike the fact Kelsey is going to be there." I let out a deep breath and knew I was being ridiculous.

"Just wear that really cute dress that you bought, and let her eat her eyes out." Jade vindictively advised, causing me to laugh. She acted as if Kelsey was an ex of mine, rather than my sister.

"Yeah." I giggled. "Time to get out."

"No." Casey whined, pouting.

"But you're all wrinkly." I teased, and he furrowed his brows.

"Yeah." He smiled then leaned forward at me. I grabbed his towel and wrapped him in it, then pulled the plug in the tub. I carried him to his room, and Jade followed.

"So, he's eaten dinner too?" She suggested, knowing I give him a bath after dinner but making sure I stuck to my routine today.

"Yep." I smiled at Casey after putting him in his Toy Story pajamas. I laid him down in his crib, turned on his little night light then and kissed his forehead. "Momma loves you."



I wasn't happy. The weather was colder than I had thought it would be and this black jacket didn't do much for me as we walked up to Jase's parents house. It's February damn it, why is it so cold?!

"Babe." Jase stopped, then kissed me. "Relax, you're amazing."

"Thank you." I weakly smiled. We both walked in and light music was playing.

"Hi." Megan came over, giving me a hug. I hugged my mom and dad, then stood there as Kelsey made sure not to look at me. Adam came in and gave me a hug, at which I felt Jase's discomfort.

"It's been a while, you look really good again Kailey." Adam complimented, looking me up and down. I felt awkward, so I just smiled with a nod and turned to Jase.

"So, when is dinner ready?" Jase changed the topic.

"Right now." His mom announced, and we all went to the table. We took our seats and of course Kelsey would choose the seat directly across from me. Making sure to use her left hand to grab things so that I can see that big rock on her finger.

"This dinner has been arranged for a reason." Jase's father started, and everyone turned their attention to him. "Adam, Leon and Jase are going to travel for a business trip. We are in hopes to expand our business."

"Where at?" I was the first to ask, knowing Kelsey wouldn't even care.

"New York." His father answered with a proud grin.

"New York?" I gasped, glancing at Jase. I stared at the table in deep thought.

"I think it's a brilliant idea, since California and New York are like the busiest parts of the United States. Soon it'll be France and Germany, and Canada." Kelsey enthused, gaining an appreciated nod from Jase's father. I rolled my eyes and glanced at Jase, he was staring at his food with deep thought.

"It shall be interesting." Adam added. "I've worked out there many times, we're doing a big meeting with all the potential clients, and it's going to be good."

"To business." We all toasted. I wondered what I was going to do with my free time, and how I'm going to cope without Jase. Most of all, how Casey is going to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwww...lol poor Kailey :]