Not Meant.

Forgiving.

Great, what was I going to do for the time being? I took in a deep breath and casually walked around my neighborhood. When I got bored of that I decided to walk into town where the stores are.

"Hey." I heard and glanced over to see a couple of guys.

"Hi." I shyly reply, they looked at me and furrowed their brows.

"Ugh, hi?" The one guy chuckled then turned to his friend. "Anyways, I was like hey don't do that."

That's when I felt stupid. The guys weren't talking to me in the first place. With a sigh, I continued my way to a local clothing store and went inside. I bought Casey a few things, along with myself, and Jase a cool black sweater with white and red designs. Content with how much time I spent, I walked back.

"Where'd you go?" Jase growled as I came inside. He didn't even bother to see if it was actually me or not, like he assumed.

"I already told you." I shrugged, going to the laundry room.

"Don't take off like that." He spat, following me.

"Don't tell me what to do." I retorted taking the tags off the clothes.

"Great, just spend all our money." He complained, eying down all the stuff I bought.

"I spent only fifty bucks." I answered. "And for all this, that's pretty cheap."

"What's that?" He lifted the sweater that I bought for him and I smiled.

"I got that for you." I bit my bottom lip and observed him as he pressed it against his body.

"I like it." Which was his way of saying 'thank you'.

"Where's Casey?" I quirked a brow, placing all the stuff in the washer and starting it.

"In bed, he passed out." He explained, dropping the sweater in the washer as well.

"Oh okay." I mumbled, walking by him and taking a seat on the couch.

"Kiki." Jase called, causing me to pause.

"What?" I furrowed my brows. I haven't been called Kiki since he and I first dated.

"Nothing." He grumbled, then left the room.

"Jase!" I called, waiting for him to return.

"Yeah?" He sighed, staring at the floor.

"Do you even want to be with me still?" I gulped as the question just came out, I wasn't even thinking. Slowly his eyes shift to mine and he didn't say anything. At that moment I felt my heart drop.

"Kailey." He whispered, at which I stood up.

"I understand." I choked out. "Here I was crying every night, being miserable without you. You didn't call, you didn't care."

"Don't say that." He demanded, but I just shook my head.

"Why? Because it's the truth?" Tears pricked my eyes and soon they fell. I quickly wiped them away and took in a deep breath.

"It's not like that." He told me, causing me to rush up the stairs. "Kailey!"

"Stop." I begged as he rushed into our room and grabbed me. "Just stop."

"I just think that we should see what it's like." He stared into my eyes. "Being apart."

"I know what it's like." I whispered, then shook my head. "But okay."

"Alright." He released me, and I grabbed some clothes. "You don't need to leave right now."

"No, it's what you want. Remember?" I cried out.

"Kailey." He quietly said my name.

"Calling me, Kiki." I tightly closed my eyes. "How dare you."

"I miss that person." He confessed. "I miss the happy you."

"I am happy." I argued. "Well, I was. I will be."

"Then let's just date." He suggested.

"Let me leave first." I hissed, zipping up my bag that I finished packing.

"Can Casey stay with me?" The tone of his voice was almost as if he didn't want to ask that question in fear I'd deny him.

"Yeah, for right now. Since you just got back." I agreed. Casey is his son too, and I'm not going to hold his rights as a father, I may be the mother but I will never take a son away from their father.

"Thank you." He appreciated.

"No problem." I sourly spat, grabbing my cellphone and the charger.

"Kailey, wait." He followed me down stairs.

"What?" I felt my voice crack as I turned to him.

"I don't want you gone. Just, stay in the guest room. Please?" He begged.

"Why?" I felt the tears again, after I had successfully made them go away.

"Because, I just cant handle you gone completely." He explained, tears forming in his eyes. It was a weird sight to see. I glanced at the door, then to him and slowly nodded.

"Fine." I gulped, walking up the stairs. I went to the guest room and opened the door. The design of the room was my choosing, so it wasn't that bad it just isn't the same as being in the same room as Jase. I took a seat on the bed and closed my eyes.



The past few weeks I've been turning applications in. I actually had the nerve to walk over to Kelsey's house and talk to her, we squashed our issues and talked calmly. Surprisingly.

"So, you're moving out?" Kelsey asked, smoking a cigarette outside with me while the kids slept.

"Not sure." I answered, staring at the floor.

"Jase told Leon about the little fight, that's why I'm glad you came over." She abruptly informed.

"I'm glad I did to." I nodded, taking in a deep breath. "When is Leon coming home?"

"Not for another two hours." She assured, at which I nodded. I'm avoiding Leon, he can kiss my ass. I wont allow him to take my sister away, but it was a nice try.

"I was wondering, I went to an interview at this Mechanic shop and they want to hire me. But, I don't have a sitter for Casey." I was nervous to ask this of my sister, only because we barely started talking again and I didn't want her to think we only talk because of Casey.

"I don't mind." She smiled. "But that's not the only reason we talked right?"

"I knew you were going to ask that. No, it's not." I laughed. "I'll have mom do it if you don't want too, or think it's because of that."

"Oh, no. No. I really would love too. I miss Casey." She explained, causing me to return her smile.

"Thank you." I mouthed and took another hit of my cigarette. "The kids should be waking up."

"Mommy!" Lesley screamed and we both laughed.

"Megan told me how you had a knack for always knowing when the bell is going to ring." Kelsey giggled, putting her cig out. I did the same and joined her laughter.

"Yeah, it was trippy." We both went inside and I watched her take care of both of them to see if she could handle it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!! <3