Not Meant.

Remember.

Official first day of work. I got their shirt, and slipped on a pair of skinnies. I dressed in black shoes, put their work hat on and grabbed Casey.

"Ready to go to Aunt Kelsey's?" I ask and he smiled.

"Where are you going?" Jase inquired, sitting with his laptop in his lap.

"Dropping Casey off to Kelsey's." I shrugged, but he looked me over.

"What are you wearing?" He furrowed his brows.

"I have work." I answered, opening the house door.

"You're not working." He stubbornly spat, then stood up.

"Why not? We're not together anymore, remember?" I reminded then slammed the door behind me. With a satisfied grin, I made my way down the street with Casey in my arms.

"Well hello seester." Kelsey grinned, taking Casey from my arms and setting him on the floor inside the blocked off room so he could play with Lesley.

"Well hello." I returned the smile, then glanced at my phone. "I have to get going."

"Are you walking?" She quirked a brow, her arms folding across her chest.

"I need the exercise." I explained, gave her a hug and quickly rushed out the door.

The walk was long, I see why she gave me attitude for it, none the less I made it.

"Kailey." My boss smiled, giving me a hug. "Ready for your first day at work?"

"Yes, sir." I smiled, slightly biting my bottom lip.

"Let's do this." He chuckled, showing me around the small section of the store. "Now let me show you the mechanics area. Boys, this is Kailey, a new cashier. Be nice."

"Hey." They all subtly greeted, and I realized that two of them were those two guys that I thought were talking to me a while ago. They looked me over with confused looks, probably thinking the same thing I was.

"Anyways, Layna should be coming to work soon and she'll teach you the register." My boss informed then eyed the guys down and lead me back inside the store.



Long would not be able to describe this eight hour shift. You'd think it wouldn't be that long but it was. I was so happy to get out of there and go see my son. I gave Layna a hug and we exchanged our numbers, and soon I was on my way.

"Hey!" I jumped at the abrupt voice and turned to see those two guys.

"I told him not to bother you." A really cute blue green eyed guy apologized.

"Shut up. So, your name is Kailey?" His coworker/friend I assumed, inquired.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Your names?"

"I'm Brody, and this is Luke." The first guy that hollered out my name introduced.

"Hi." I shyly greet, shaking their hands.

"So did you want a ride home?" Brody offered, causing me to snort.

"I don't take rides from people I barely meet, especially two guys." I declined, looking them both over then continued walking.

"Then how about we go to eat?" Brody tried again, then I heard his friend laugh. I turned and watched Luke laugh hysterically.

"I'm sorry, Brody just doesn't know when to quit." Luke struggled to say in between breaths.

"It's not me, I'm looking for." Brody hissed, at which Luke elbowed him.

"We're just trying to be good coworkers." Luke explained, with a grin.
"None the less ma'am, have a good day."

"You too." I furrowed my brows and watched Luke yank Brody away.

"Wow." I jumped at the abrupt voice and saw Layna.

"How long were you there for?" I laughed and she shrugged.

"Since they approached you, I was on the phone over there though." She pointed to an area and I looked over then nodded. "By the way, they're really friendly guys. I'm dating Brody."

"Oh, I didn't know he had a girlfriend." I laughed and she nodded.

"That's why I just said they're friendly." She assured, and soon Brody pulled up with Luke.

"Come on babe." Brody called, at which Layna opened the door.

"Are you sure you don't want a ride? It's getting pretty dark out." She offered, and since she was in the car I felt more comfortable.

"Sure." I gave in, sitting next to Luke in the back seat. "Thanks for the ride."

"No problem, now ugh. How do you get there?" Brody chuckled, at which I laughed.

"Turn right here." I gave him the directions and soon we were in front of my sisters house.

"Nice." Layna breathed out, staring out her window.

"I've been down here before." Luke abruptly informed. "We had a disturbance call, and possible violence."

"Oh that one day with the dude and his pregnant girlfriend?" Brody questioned, at which Luke laughed. I tensed up and knew what he was talking about. I nonchalantly took a look at Luke and instantly remembered him as the young cop in the Explorers program.

"Well thanks for the ride." I hopped out and went towards the door. Kelsey opened the door, waved to them then turned to me.

"Who the hell are they?" She quirked a brow, watching them drive away.

"Coworkers." I laughed. "Layna is pretty cool."

"Nice." She nodded then walked back inside. "Jase picked up Casey an hour ago by the way."

"Oh." I sighed. "I'm glad he told me."

"Yeah." She frowned. "Well, see you tomorrow sis."

"Thanks again." I gave her a hug then headed towards my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D feedback is appreciated.