Not Meant.

Expectations.

Who would've expected their own brother to be a douche to your best friend after you did him a favor. She was crying to me after school about the looks he gave her, what he had said, and how she felt bad in the end.

"How can you feel bad for him being an ass since you decided to not give him a ride once?!" I was infuriated, talking fast, and not even taking a breath.

"Kailey." Her voice was tired, and she didn't want to get into it with me.

"No, Megan. That's bullshit. Why does he have to be a douche?" I sighed, plopping down beside her on the side walk waiting for Jase. Since Megan didn't drive to school, that meant she was walking home alone. Unless, no Brad was being an ass right now.

"Please don't make it worse, we're finally on terms." She plead, staring at the sky.

"Yeah, the terms being you were wrong and he was right. Correct?" I quirked a brow, glaring at her once she didn't answer. "Pathetic."

"Kailey." She growled, furrowing her brows and pouting her lips. "That's not fair."

"No, what isn't fair is your brother dating your best friend and being a douche to her. Then me having to hear it from her, wanting me to castrate my own brother. Now that isn't fair." I hissed, when I saw Jase's car. "Now if you don't mind, my ride is here."

"Hey." I heard and glanced to see Brad.

"Douche." I scorned, getting inside Jase's car.

"Douche?" Jase replied, giving me a questionable look.

"I'll tell you in a bit." I whispered, then turned to Megan. "Let me know you made it home."

"Yes mother." She sarcastically answered, allowing my brother to wrap an arm around her.

"Hey, sis." Brad called, causing me to look at him. "Don't trip."

"Ha, ha." I rolled my eyes and clipped my seat belt on. Jase drove off and continued to glance at me, while driving, to see if my facial expression had changed at all.

"So." He smacked his lips together. "I see you wearing my sweater." He proudly added.

"Yes, it got cold. You were right." I admitted, with a playful roll of my eyes.

"I wasn't going to say it, but I appreciate you knowing what's what." He chuckled, at which I snorted. "What was that about anyways?"

"Hmm?" I played dumb, hoping he'd forget.

"You know, with your brother and Megan?" He continued, staring intensely at the road.

"Megan and I decided to walk to school, Brad got pissed because she didn't give him a ride. To skip some, umm, minor details. Brad made Megan feel bad, though he was completely in the wrong." I explained, taking a breath and exhaling sharply.

"Completely wrong?" Jase repeated, amusement in the tone of his voice.

"Yes, absurd. How can you get pissed at someone for not giving you a ride, once! When it's their car?" I questioned. "I'd hate to think he's using her for rides, people are pathetic."

"Pathetic for what? Wanting a ride rather than walking to school?" He inquired, either playing dumb or he was on Brad's side. I would not tolerate such behavior from him.

"You think it's alright to use someone?" I furrowed my brows.

"Well, if I was used to getting rides to school from someone and then one day I didn't get a ride, I might be upset. Depending if they told me ahead of time or not." He explained, which I hate to admit but he was right. I mean, if I wasn't informed and I got dressed in time to get the ride to find out I wasn't getting one, then that would mean I'm late to school.

"I dislike you." I childishly hissed, closing my eyes and rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"Wait til tonight with such compliments." He sarcastically flirted, getting out of the car. I guess we had arrived already and I didn't notice. I mean, he didn't live far. He lived just over the bridge that separated the poor and middle class from the richer side of things.

"Why don't you go to that private school right there?" I asked, getting out and staring down a few blocks at the perfectly good high school.

"Because then I wouldn't be with you." He nonchalantly answered, wrapping an arm around my lower back and leading me to the front door. A butler answered and smiled at the two of us.

"Thank you." I appreciated, and frowned at the fact Jase said nothing. We walked inside and into the dining room that's empty. For a moment I was confused until clichely his parents entered the room as if on cue.

"Son." His father embraced his son as if they hadn't seen each other for a while. And his mom glowed with joy, she came over and kissed Jase on the cheek. Then they turned to me.

"Kailey." His mother formally greeted, looking me over.

"Mrs. Laud." I replied in the same tone, then looked at his dad. "Mr Laud."

"Pleasant to see you again." He politely informed, putting his hand out for me to shake. We shook hands, then I stood beside Jase.

"Dinner ready yet?" Jase questioned, feeling the tension.

"Your cousin would like to join us, he is on business for the moment and shall return in an hour." His father explained, great another hour. I glanced at the clock and saw that it's only three. Why would dinner be served so early anyways?

"Besides, it's a formal attire." His mother specified, giving me disapproved looks. I felt sheepish and I knew I was right.

"I'm sure there's something in the guest room." Jase excused us, and lead me up stairs. I've never been to this part of the house, I've actually only been in the foyer. So seeing the big U shaped stair case that the entrances were on each side of the room then connected at the top leading to the second floor was enticing.

"Guest room?" I repeated and he nodded.

"We have a room that has nothing but extra clothes for our guests." He answered, opening the door and leading me inside. There were racks of clothing spread out in the room, reminding me of a high class store.

"Hello sir." A man greeted, coming in the room with an overbearing smile.

"She needs a dress for tonight. Nothing long, nothing too short. Formal." Jase demanded, lightly giving me a shove for the guy to observe.

"Color of choice?" The man inquired, looking me over.

"Surprise me." Jase's eyes lit up and the man nodded, disappearing through the racks of clothes. We waited by the door, which had a small love seat for us to sit and wait in.

"How about this?" The man finally came back, holding a beautiful cream colored, silk, V neck, loose at the top but a thick band for around the upper thigh.

"Very nice." Jase nodded, taking the dress from him and in return handed over money. "Ready?"

"Yeah." I muttered, following Jase to another room. Inside I observed the dark gray walls, red bed sheets, black furnishings and white curtains. Along with nude women posters on the wall and some other things.

"This is my room." He coughed, his cheeks turning a slight pink color. "But go ahead change."

"We don't have to be down there for another hour." I reminded and he made a big 'O' with his lips.

"I forgot. Adam." He grimaced, taking a seat and sourly glaring outside.

"What's wrong?" I furrowed my brows.

"Adam is my older, more better looking cousin. My parents favor him." He explained, pulling me on his lap.

"That's unfortunate." I frowned, nuzzling my nose into his neck.

"Yes." He agreed, then exhaled sharply.

"Is tonight going to go by smoothly?" I furrowed my brows, staring into his eyes intensely.

"I'm unsure of what they want." He muttered. "It's very curious."

"Indeed." I smiled, biting my bottom lip and stared into his eyes.

"But, we shall see." He whispered, kissing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun... :)