Not Meant.

Part time.

That next morning, I woke up alone in our bed and my eyes stung. Great.

"Did you decide?" I jumped at the abrupt voice to see Jase.

"Yeah." I nodded, wiping my nose.

"And?" He insisted, leaning forward slightly.

"I still want to work. Part time, I just need something to do." I explained, sitting up and staring dead into his eyes.

"Part time then, no more." He agreed, which shocked me. I couldn't even describe the feeling I felt right now as Casey cried and Jase stood. "Our son is wanting you." Then he left the room.

"Casey." I calmly called as I entered his room, I lifted him in my arms and rocked him back n forth.

"Mama." He sniffled, rubbing his face into my chest. I carried him down stairs, after changing him, and made breakfast.

"What's cookin' good lookin'?" Jase inquired, coming into the room with just boxers and a wife beater.

"Breakfast." I answered, slightly smiling.

"Oh, and what's on the agenda today?" He continued, knowing I would be working.

"Go to work, talk to my boss, and ask for the littlest hours...ever." I sighed, placing scrambled eggs on Casey's plate in his high chair.

"Oh?" Jase replied. "Let him know you have a child."

"He knows." I confirmed.

"Then it shouldn't be a big deal." He sourly replied, calmly waiting for me to serve him his plate. I took in a deep breath and made my own plate after his, then sat down.

"What's wrong with me working anyways?" I gulped down some orange juice, then averted my eyes to his.

"It's wrong, that's that." He crudely put an end to my questions. I glanced at my watch, quickly ate down the rest of my food and stood.

"I have to change, if you leave Kelsey is home." I hollered, quickly rushing up stairs. I showered, changed then headed towards the door.

"Would you like a ride?" He offered.

"Casey needs to finish his breakfast. I'll just walk." I answered with a smile, blowing a kiss.

"Just know you wont be walking all the time, either you get a ride or you don't go." He stipulated, causing me to groan as I shut the door. Jase can be such a sweet guy, but at times he is the biggest ass hole ever!



"This is a surprise, Kailey. Barely worked a day and already wanting to talk to me?" My boss chuckled, taking a seat.

"Yeah." I bit my bottom lip.

"What about? The guys or something?" He inquired, catching me off guard. I gave him a confused look, at which he laughed. "I saw them talking to you after work yesterday, then you got in their car. I assume it's them?"

"Oh no." I laughed, feeling silly now. "No, not them. Actually, it's about my hours."

"You want to be full time?" He suggested, causing me to snort.

"No. Actually, I need less hours." I explain. He rose his brows and leaned back in his chair.

"Your son?" He assumed again.

"Yeah." I repeated, biting my bottom lip.

"Well, as long as it's for your son's benefits." He nodded, pulling out my paper work. "Did you even want to work here still?"

"Oh, I do. It's just a temporary thing at the moment." I honestly informed.

"Temporary? Like you want to see what it's like having a job, while you and your son are young?" He suggested. I nodded. "Well, I will cut down your hours. Give me a paper tomorrow with the days you are willing to work, from what time to time and I'll do that for you."

"Thank you, so much." I appreciated, a big grin coming across my face.

"No problem, Kailey. Now get back to work." He winked, then turned to his computer. I quickly left his office and went over to Layna.

"What happened?" She asked, glancing behind me at our boss' office. "Did you quit?" Her eyes shifted to mine.

"No." I laughed. "I just need less hours."

"Why are you even working?" She questioned, eying me down.

"What do you mean?" I felt a little attacked by her.

"I mean, you live in a nice neighborhood. Why are you working here?" She furrowed her brows and tilted her head to the side.

"Long story." I laughed, standing behind my register and waited for customers.
♠ ♠ ♠
What cha thinkin? :] Feedback = <3.