Not Meant.

Double date.

After work, Layna wanted to get a bite to eat. So I agreed, little did I know the guys would be coming as well.

"So, Kailey. Heard you wanted less hours?" Brody gossiped, I began to wonder if working there was like going to High school all over again.

"Yeah." I shrugged, shifting my eyes to the table.

"Why?" He continued.

"It's obvious she doesn't want to talk about it." Luke cut in, at which I averted my eyes to his.

"How would you know?" Brody inquired, revealing a hint of irritation.

"Body language, Brody. You'd know this if you actually paid attention." Layna snarled. She picked at her fries, then stared at me. "Is everything okay, Kailey. I can tell there's something more, not that you'd want to talk about it to three strangers you just met."

"Everything is fine." I nodded a bit more than I should have, and dipped my fry in ranch.

"You didn't want a burger?" Brody quirked a brow, glancing at my order of fries.

"Not today." I shrugged, sipping on my root beer. "So are you two brothers?"

"No." Luke snorted.

"We just look alike from a distance." Brody groaned.

"They get that a lot. Don't feel offended by their rude replies." Layna assured with a small smile. "I think it's cute that two best friends resemble as brothers, however they don't."

"Shut up woman!" Brody playfully growled and she kissed him.

"You said that was your sister's house?" Luke spoke up, it was random and made me wonder why he was even questioning about it. Especially as random as it was, considering the conversation we just had, and the fact Layna and Brody are now making out.

"Yeah." I nodded, shifting my eyes to his then looked away.
"So how long have you two been dating?"

"Almost a year." Brody grumbled, at which Layna elbowed him.

"He can be such a jerk." She laughed.

"Well, a guy like me usually moves on. We barely had sex a month ago." He complained. Layna turned completely red and looked away.

"Nice." I giggled. "And you?"

"I don't have a girl friend." Luke muttered.

"They broke up like what a month ago man?" Brody blabbed, at which Luke cleared his throat.

"Yeah." Luke confirmed, staring at the table.

"I'm sorry to hear that." I touched his arm, sent him a small smile then went back to my fries.

"What about you, Kai?" Layna inquired. I stiffened and let out a deep breath.

"I'm with someone." I whispered, slowly shifting my eyes to hers. "We have a kid."

"A kid?" Layna gasped, perking up to hear that. "Boy or girl?"

"Boy." I bit my bottom lip to refrain from a huge smile, but failed. "His name is Casey, and oh he's the cutest little thing! I swear, I've never been so in love."

"How old is he?" She squealed, leaning forward.

"Almost a year." I grinned. "I'm pretty excited for his birthday."

"I so wanna go!" She squeaked. "Sorry, I just love children. I want an army one day."

"Oh lord." Brody groaned, leaning back and slouched in his chair.

"Not like I confirmed it was with you, jerk." She slapped his arm then turned back to me. "How old are you?"

"I'm eighteen." I answered.

"Young." She whispered.

"Yeah." I agreed, feeling the awkward moment starting to rise.

"Was it consensual?" Luke asked. I stiffened at the memory then smiled.

"Of course." I answered, taking a drink. He did the weirdest thing, he just smiled with a slight nod then looked away. I didn't know what that meant, but it was weird. I checked my phone and saw that I have a text from Jase. "Great."

"What?" Layna perked up, glancing over the table at my phone as if she could even see it.

"I have to go." I sighed, staring at Luke.

"What?" He chuckled.

"You're the one sitting at the exit." I laughed. It was cute how he finally noticed what I was waiting for, turned a slight pink then got out. I waved to Layna and Brody, then started heading out.

"Wait!" Luke hollered, following me.

"What?" I barely glanced over my shoulder and continued walking.

"Let me give you a ride." He offered.

"I don't need one, but I appreciate it." I politely declined, then he ran in front of me.

"Let someone do something nice for you without you having to reject it." He sternly plead, his eyes softly staring at me.

"I cant. He's already-" I started when I felt the disturbance in the force that is Jase.

"Kailey." Jase's voice was serious, and I could tell it was a warning to Luke.

"Jase." I put on a big smile and turned around. "Luke this is the guy I was telling you about, my boyfriend, Jase."

"Nice to meet you." Luke greeted, putting his hand out but Jase just stared at it.

"What took you so long? I almost freaked out when I went inside to not find you." Jase scolded, completely ignoring Luke and turned his attention to me.

"I was eating." I answered. Jase's facial expression turned from calm to angry.

"With?" He licked his lips, still not looking at Luke.

"Coworkers." I dryly answer, shifting my eyes to Luke then back to Jase.

"Him?" Jase growled.

"Not just him, Layna and Brody." I inform.

"That's cool. Two guys and a girl. Kind of like a double date." Jase's head bounced around side to side as he walked off from me.

"No, Jase!" I yelled, then waved at Luke as I chased after Jase.

"No, Kailey. This is bullshit." He spat.

"What is?! I did nothing wrong!" I screamed.

"Oh nothing wrong? How about going out to eat with two guys and another girl. Pair each. Let me guess, you didn't sit next to her did you?" Jase hissed, at which I paused. I didn't think of that.

"Well..." I whispered. "I mean."

"Walk home." He ordered, slamming his door shut and locked all of them. I tried to open them but they wouldn't budge. I hoped he'd look at me and unlock them, but he didn't. Instead he just sped off.



"Kailey." Luke called, but I just continued walking. He followed me down my street, on foot.

"What?" I stopped, knowing if I made it to my house and Jase saw him; he'd be pissed.

"You deserve better than that." He informed, staring at me with his dopey blue green eyes.

"How so? He's pissed. I would be too. I didn't even think about it." I cried out, then wiped my eyes and took in a deep breath.

"No, I can tell there's more." He corrected.

"How so?" I spat, folding my arms across my chest. "Tell me about me, Luke. You barely met me yesterday."

"Yes, and I'm going through training to read people. I read you quiet well. How you weren't comfortable with telling us about your son, until Layna was squealing about him, not that you don't love your son but there's a reason you didn't want to gush about him. Then when she invited herself, you got all nervous again. You never told me Jase's name until I met him, then you acted as if you had talked all about him to me. You don't like receiving things from people, I'm sure this wasn't always like this. Probably through a course of time, and mental abuse, you have turned into someone that tries to rely on herself because the others around her are disappointing. Correct?" He rambled. I stood there in shock. "And-"

"That's enough." I cut him off. "You can quit following me now."

"Kailey!" Luke yelled, but I continued to walk. I was not going to let him get to me, no one can get to me. I ran to my house, surprisingly the door was opened so I slammed it behind me and tried to catch my breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww, Luke. :]