Not Meant.

Recognition.

The next day, I got dressed for work. Jase skipped going into the office, just so he could drop me off. I had the paper in hand, and a weak smile on my face.

"Text me when you get off." Jase whispered, kissing me. I kissed him back then smiled.

"Okay." I grinned, turned around to face Casey and kissed his forehead.

"Also, don't hang out with them." He warned, at which I laughed.

"Jase, I only want you. I will hang out with whom I desire." I informed, slamming the door with a smirk and walked inside. I had more than enough time to make up my mind and who I do and don't hang out with. Jase doesn't own me, he's just the man I love and have a child with.

"That's cool." Jase hollered, and I just waved behind me with a smile. I went inside and walked over to my boss.

"Here you go." I handed him the paper and he was shocked to see only weekends.

"Okay." He simply nodded. "Go around and reorganize the shelves today, kay? It's going to be slow and Layna can handle the register."

"Thanks." I smiled, going to do as told. There are other employees here, but I don't bother to get to know them. Either they're grumpy looking, or just bored. Not the kind I want to talk too, plus I don't feel like having to introduce myself to so many people and them badger me into telling my life story.

"Thinking?" I swear Luke came out of no where.

"Don't do that." I scolded, holding my chest in fear.

"Sorry." He rubbed the back of his neck and let out a deep breath. "I'm sorry if I pissed you off yesterday, it wasn't my intention."

"It's all good, Luke." I assured with a weak smile.

"You just, it's like... I know you or something?" He furrowed his brows and it looked like he was chewing the inside of his lip.

"Not sure." I lied, and started walking away.

"I do, don't I?" He quirked a brow, following me.

"No." I cut down another aisle and pretending to be looking at the racks as I fast walked.

"Kailey." He grabbed my arm and I stopped. Luke's face was replaced with Jase's and I immediately stared at the floor. At which, he released me. "You're the girl."

"No." I shook my head.

"Yes, you are. The pregnant one with that asshole that insulted me." He took a couple of steps back. "And you're still with him, after the neighbors called the cops?" He looked at me with disgust.

"You don't understand." I laughed at how crazy that sounded, how cliche` that is for someone to say. How pathetic I am.

"You're right, I don't. I would never stay with someone that treats me like shit, that's why I'm no longer with my ex and I was with her since. Man. I was like fifteen." He leaned against the wall and stared at me. "Five years."

"And you're talking to me?" I scoffed. "You put up with it too."

"I don't have a child with her. I thought I did, until it came out..." He stopped and then laughed with a shake of his head.

"Came out?" I furrowed my brows.

"Let's just say, I'm white and she was Mexican. Black doesn't come from that." He chuckled.

"Oh." I giggled, and he just stared at me.

"One day, you'll realize you deserve better. For you and your son." He informed, touching beneath my chin which caused my gaze to shift to his. "One day." At that he walked away.

"Well that was interesting." Layna appeared out of no where.

"Quit doing that." I hissed.

"What? I was on the phone." She pointed to her phone. "The only sneaky place to go is right here in the bathroom."

"Mhmm." I playfully rolled my eyes and went back to work, with a lot on my mind now. Maybe Luke was right, but things are getting so much better with Jase. I took in a deep breath and continued my work.



"Are you hanging out with us today?" Layna inquired, biting her bottom lip.

"Where's Brody?" I raised a brow.

"Today's his day off." She frowned.

"Oh." I mumbled. "Well, I have to go home."

"Awe, but Kailey!" She begged.

"I'll see you Saturday." I giggled.

"Saturday?" Luke butted in.

"Yeah, I work weekends now." I proudly grinned.

"Why?" Layna asked, I could tell she was a kid that questioned everything growing up. I bet her parents wanted to beat her. I laughed at my own thoughts then realized how crazy I looked.

"Jase doesn't work weekends." I shrugged.

"And that means for you to work weekends? Don't you want to spend time with him?" She followed me as we walked to the curb, where Jase should be coming.

"Yeah, but we should think about our son. My sister cant watch him all the time, at least now he'll get equal time with us both." I assured with a smile. "When daddy is at work, mommy watches him. When mommy is at work, daddy watches him."

"And now he wont have time with you both." She frowned. "I remember what that's like as a child."

"No, I only work like three hours each weekend." I assured. "So he'll have plenty of time with us."

"Why even work then?" Luke placed his hands on his hips, and I turned to him with a bored expression.

"Because I actually like to work." I stuck my tongue out and he grabbed it. I furrowed my brows.

"It's rude to stick your tongue out at people, you do wise to teach your child that as well." He mused. I shoved his arm away and laughed.

"That's so gross." Layna giggled and we all laughed. Jase pulled up, with a smile and waved at the two.

"Well, see you guys." I waved and Layna paused. She grabbed my arm roughly.

"Isn't that a Laud?" She gasped, staring at me.

"Huh?" I replied.

"A Laud, my dad works for his dad!" She was ultimately freaked out for some reason.

"Calm down, Layna." I chuckled, prying her hand off me. "Yes, his name is Jase Laud."

"Oh wow." She took her place standing next to Luke, and practically gawked at my boyfriend.

"See you guys." I shook my head with a smile and got inside. I peeked behind me and saw Casey, passed out. "I guess daddy tuckered you out today."

"We played a lot." Jase yawned, driving away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm...