Not Meant.

Invitations.

Everyone was enjoying themselves, and I kept weaving through people. Champagne was being served and I had a glass in my hand, showing people the paintings we have.

"Kailey?" Layna's voice called. I paused and turned to see Layna standing there.

"Wow." I breathed out. "I didn't expect you here!"

"I know right?! My dad said there's a formal dinner party, I love getting dressed up so I came." She giggled, then gave me a hug.

"Yay." I smiled, biting my bottom lip.

"Oh, Brody is here too." She groaned, rolling her eyes then stared at Brody's direction.

"For the food." He came over, obviously eavesdropping in our conversation.

"Nice." I giggled.

"Whoever lives here is rich." He commented, glancing around. I almost choked on my champagne.

"Nice design though." Layna added with a smile.

"True, I swear I'm glad I came. Free champagne, good food." He joked, at which I started laughing.

"Thanks." I sarcastically appreciated with a good laugh, but they didn't catch on.

"I wonder what the other rooms look like." Layna stood on her tippy toes and glanced over people's shoulders. The fancy rich people glared at her then continued chatting.

"They're pretty nice." I assured. "The spare room is a creme with velvet red. You should go take a look, I can show you right now actually."

"Wouldn't that be rude?" She asked and I just laughed.

"It's my house, they can leave." I shrugged, and she gasped. Brody simply sipped his wine and looked away. This all caused me laugh. "Come on." I ushered them and showed them the rooms upstairs.

"This is your son's room?" Layna questioned, slowly stepping in the room and looked around. "It's beautiful."

"Why thank you." I giggled, taking another sip of my wine.

"It's so ironic that it was here." Layna smiled, following me outside. We both smoked a cigarette and just stared at people through the window. "So how many people do you actually know here?"

"You guys, and my family, a bit of his family too." I honestly answered, snorting a bit.

"What's it like?" She bit her bottom lip as if she was nervous to ask this question.

"What's what like?" I quirked a brow.

"To have a man, and a child, live in this beautiful house." Her voice faded as if she was dreaming it was hers.

"It's not all glamorous." I sighed. "We fight, have issues, it's just overwhelming sometimes."

"Wow." She took a sip of her drink, then weakly smiled at me. "Why do you work where we work?"

"It's a nice get away. Reminds me of my old life." I expressed, even though I felt stupid.

"Old life?" She furrowed her brows.

"Yeah, I mean I've never worked. But look around, I'm surrounded by fancy things. I miss the simple life. I didn't even go to a hospital when I gave birth, a doctor came here. I don't go grocery shopping, we shop on line." I ranted, then paused. "Sorry."

"No, I find it fascinating. You'd think since my dad works for the Laud's, that I'd be rich and stuff. But I kind of moved out, he doesn't just give his kids things. We have to work for it, because he worked for his stuff. I was kicked out at eighteen, so it's nice being able to support myself. I actually live with Brody." She explained, with the biggest smile on her face at the last part.

"Awe." I gushed, with a toothy grin. I took the last hit of my cigarette and put it out in the pot I have outside. She did the same and we both headed back inside.

"You smell like smoke." Jade complained.

"Shh." I hushed and headed towards Jase.

"Hey." He greeted giving me a kiss on the cheek. I smiled and kissed his neck.

"Ugh." Brad groaned, looking away.

"When are we eating?" I felt like such a fatty sometimes, but I really was hungry.

"Very soon." He assured, then smacked my butt as a way to tell me to go away. I listened and went back over to Layna, who is now chatting with Megan.

"So you're her best friend?" Layna questioned, at which Megan nodded.

"I'm engaged to her brother." Megan showed off the ring and I smiled.

"That's so awesome." Layna congratulated, then turned to Brody. He was texting someone.

"So, Luke said we should go to the beach tomorrow." Brody told Megan, scrunching his nose up.

"Tell him that we're busy and we'll talk about it later." Layna hissed, then smiled at me. "Would you like to go to the beach with us?"

"Umm." I muttered and she laughed.

"You should bring Casey too." She squealed and I laughed.

"Depends on what I'm doing." I honestly answered, because taking Casey to the beach would be fun. None the less, we changed the topic and hung out with everyone. However, my anticipation for what's going to happen was eating at me. This night needs to hurry and the news needs to come already.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun!!! Anyways night everyone, I'm going to bed now. It's 12:02 am. Night!