Not Meant.

Fathers.

Adam looked like an older version of Jase, but only a few years older and his hair much shorter.

"Hello." He greeted, looking me over. I admit that I look very beautiful in this dress, especially since I pulled my hair back to where the blond strand and the zebra looking strand on each side of my face was hidden.

"Hi." I politely replied, and Jase pulled a chair out for me. I was taken back when my parents entered the room, wearing formal clothing as well. "Mom, dad?"

"Darling." My mom smiled, and then my brother came in as well.

"Brad." I grimaced, what were they doing here? I cleared my throat then smoothly grabbed my cell phone, texting Brad with questions. He looked at his phone, and without answering; closed it. Jerk.

"I'm glad everyone could make it." Jase's dad informed, then took a seat.

"We're glad you invited us." My father replied, a toothy grin on his face.

"Yes, well. Since our children are getting rather serious, I thought we should all get together." Jase's father explained, when waiters came in and put plates in front of us that have portioned food on them. Mine was surprisingly vegetarian, I was shocked.

"How serious?" My mom's worried voice rang through the room.

"Not that serious." Jase's mom laughed.

"Oh, okay." My mom sighed in relief, touching her chest where her heart should be.

"Jase's feelings for Kailey are growing more and more, we want to give her another chance." Jase's father stated, smiling over at Jase. I gave Jase a questioning look, and sat back with a grin.

"Marriage?" Adam inquired, causing everyone to get quiet. "Is that what you're planning Jase?"

"No, Adam." Jase hissed.

"Though we insist that he should. It's hard finding a woman that doesn't want you for your money." Jase's father butted in, giving Jase a stern look.

"Marriage, at this age?" My mom gasped, while shaking her head.

"They're going to be eighteen soon." Jase's mother reminded as if that made it any better.

"That's still very young." My mom argued, obviously not ready for this kind of talk yet. "I see you and Jase's father are very young, but my husband and I didn't have kids till we were married and we didn't get married till we were twenty one."

"I commend you on that, for my husband and I had Jase when we were fifteen." Jase's mother sincerely spoke, her eyes drifting to the table. "I wish we would have planned better, but I wouldn't have changed it for anything."

"I'd hope not." Jase chuckled, causing a few people to join in the humor.

"We just felt it was best for everyone to get to know each other is all." Jase's father repeated his previous statement and everyone nodded in agreement. The dinner went by fairly nice actually, everyone chatting and talking about every day things. Even the news.

"It was nice having you over. Thank you." Jase's mom showed us the door and my parents waved.

"Thank you for inviting us." My dad retorted, shaking Jase's father's hand. I smiled at Jase, pecking his lips real quick while our parents were occupied.

"Kailey, you should come on our family vacation with us." Adam invited, standing beside Jase.

"Maybe." Was my polite way of saying I probably wont, but I didn't want to be rude. I smiled at Adam then turned my attention to Jase. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"My house, or yours?" Jase replied with a grin.

"Either one." I giggled, rubbing my nose against his.

"Alright, mine it is. Should be empty by then." He whispered the last part then winked at me. Kind of made me regret even wanting to hang out with him tomorrow, since there isn't school. I frowned until he kissed me, and then I smiled.

"See you tomorrow then." I released him and went with my parents to our car. We all got inside and we waved to the Laud's one last time.

"They're very nice." My mom chimed, smiling while staring out the window.

"Loaded is more like it." Brad commented. "No wonder you like the guy so much."

"Shut up." I spat, glaring at Brad.

"Well, it's true. I couldn't figure out why you'd want to be with him for what three years now?" He questioned.

"Going on three, and it's because of a word called love, Bradley. You wouldn't know about that." I used his name because he hates it when I use his name in arguments, made him feel like a kid again.

"Yeah, what ever." He spat. See using his full name means automatic win in argument.

"Kids." Our father sternly cut in, then reached for my mom's hand and held it while driving.
"He's my boss too."

"Wait. What?" I choked.

"Yes, Mr Laud is my boss." My father repeated, staring at me through the rear side mirror.

"Your boss?" I frowned.

"Well, he's the owner of the company. So technically that makes him my boss." My dad clarified, soon enough Brad was laughing.

"That puts stress on you. Since the dude knows that dad is our dad." Brad laughed. "Gotta marry Jase now, sis."

"Shut up!" I screamed, my body aching to punch him. I felt angry, is this why my father got a job two years ago after getting laid off? All because of Jase?! I closed my eyes tightly then calmed down. My breathing slowed and I felt relaxed.

"That was uncalled for." My mom scolded, giving me a disapproved look. I nodded my head and was the first person to get out of the car once we made it home. I grabbed my keys and unlocked the door, immediately heading to my room.

Once inside I grabbed my phone and called Jase.

"Yes darling." He sexy voice came through the speakers when the phone only rang like twice.

"Jase." I sighed, my voice sounding none-too-happy with him.

"Yeah?" His voice filled with skepticism now.

"Your dad is my dad's boss?" I cut to the chase.

"You didn't know?" He sighed.

"No." I spat, falling on my bed. "That isn't fair."

"Why?" I could tell he was confused.

"Because I can't see my dad's boss' son. It wouldn't be right if we break up, wouldn't that cause conflict?" I questioned, sitting up and pulling my knees to my chest.

"You're over thinking things. Besides, we're not official remember? So how can we break up?" He chuckled.

"Ha, ha, ha." I rolled my eyes, glaring out the window at the dark sky. "Are you the reason?"

"Excuse me?"

"Don't act stupid, Jase. Are you the reason my dad got the job?"

"I may have played a part."

"Jase!" I whined.

"Well, my dad was hiring anyways. I wanted someone I knew was going to do the job right, and my father wanted people that are trustworthy. I figured if you're so trustworthy then your father must be too." Nice excuse, which made a lot of sense, but still.

"I suppose." I narrowed my eyes, then relaxed. "Well, sorry."

"It's all good, Kailey. Now I'm pretty tired actually. I didn't expect you guys to be here till ten."

"Awe, is it past your bed time, sir?" I teased, hearing his exhale of disapproval.

"Good night, Kay."

"Good night, Jay." And then we hung up. I playfully rolled my eyes, sat my phone on the night stand and then changed into pajamas before crawling in bed. Tonight wasn't as bad as I had thought it was going to be. Made me wonder about tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)