Not Meant.

Birthday.

Two months, Casey is finally a year old. The party was set up, all his cousins ran around. My family was here, I even invited Layna, Brody and Luke. Much to Jase's dismay, whom wasn't happy at all.

"I'm pregnant." Jade whined, staring at herself in the mirror.

"What?" I gasped, taking a pee.

"I'm pregnant." She frowned, turning to me. "I can't believe I let this happen."

"How far along?" I chewed the inside of my lip. Charlie has been gone for the past four months, that's why he hasn't been around. How could Jade possibly be five months pregnant and not look it?

"Three months." She gulped, staring at me with a guilty expression.

"And the baby daddy?" I furrowed my brows. Suddenly tears fell down her cheeks.

"I can't say!" She cried into her hands and fell to the floor.

"Stop stressing, it's not good for the baby!" I scolded. Wiped, and flushed the toilet. I quickly washed my hands, dried them off and knelt next to her. "Is it my brother?"

"Heaven's no." She assured, at which I let out a relieved sigh. Poor Megan would be pissed, pregnant Jade or not she'd get her ass whooped.

"Then who's?" I inquired, tilting my head to the side.

"N. Nick's." She stuttered, staring at the floor.

"I thought he was with Ashlyn?" I rose a brow, and she bit her bottom lip hard.

"He is." She sniffled.

"Oh wow." I felt the air sucked out of my lungs. Not that I liked Ashlyn much anyways, nor Nick for that matter. But Jade and this baby. I closed my eyes tightly and reopened them. "It'll be alright."

"No, it wont. Ashlyn is going to be pissed. Nick is going to dip out on me." Jade rambled a lot more than that, but I couldn't understand the rest nor did I try to. "Charlie will hate me."

"Shh." I cooed, wrapping her in my arms. "Just don't think about it, okay? Relax. It's Casey's birthday. Enjoy. Don't drink."

"Okay, okay." She nodded, then slowly stood. She grabbed toilet paper and fixed her eyeliner. "Nick and Ashlyn are both here though, aren't they?"

"Just Nick, Ashlyn is gone." I confirmed and she nodded.

"I can do this." Jade told her reflection, then nodded once again.

"You can!" I cheered and we both walked out.

"What were you doing?" Megan quirked a brow.

"Peeing." I shrugged, and Megan frowned.

"With Jade there too?" She sighed.

"Yeah?" Jade replied with sarcasm behind her voice.

"That was my job." Megan ignored Jade and turned her attention to me.

"Now it's mine." Layna butted in and laughed. "Just kidding."

"Wow." Megan laughed. She really likes Layna, but Jade on the other hand.

"I can't believe Casey is already a year old." I overheard Brad tell Jase.

"I know." Jase commented, staring at Casey as he ran around with Leslie and Nataliey. Stanley was off in his own world, staring at the television. The kid is going to be a stoner, mark my words. I laughed at my own thoughts until everyone stared at me.

"Sorry." I coughed, walking over to Jase. "I'm going to our room real quick, okay?"

"You alright?" Jase rose a brow and I nodded.

"Yeah, I just need a moment." I assured, pecking his cheek.

"Alright." He nodded then pulled me into a big kiss. Luke stood there with Brody, and my brother Stan. All of them looked away with disgust, aside from Luke he just stared.

"Was that necessary?" I quietly ask, then walked up stairs. I went to our bathroom and felt queasy. I took a seat and breathed in slowly. What the hell is wrong with me? I gasped at the thoughts. Was I pregnant? I stared at the ring on my finger, realizing Jase and I haven't even talked about setting the date or anything.

"Kailey?" My mom's voice called. I quickly stood and opened the door, which was a bad idea. I held onto the door frame then smiled at her with my eyes closed.

"Yeah?" I muttered.

"Are you drunk?" Her voice was filled with disapproval.

"No!" I gasped, immediately opening my eyes. "We ate bad Chinese food last night."

"With Jase's money, I don't believe that." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Momma, even rich people get bad food sometimes." I informed then walked past her. "I'm fine, I'm fine let's join the others."

"Okay." She sighed. "Just remember I'm always here, but I also wanted to ask you something."

"What?" I stopped walking, knowing it wasn't something she wanted to ask in front of everyone.

"Who is Luke?" Wow, thanks mom. Straight to the point.

"A co worker." I answered with a shrug then continued walking. Wasn't that important.

"No, really." She sternly continued, quickly stopping me.

"A co worker." I repeated.

"He looks at you as if you're more than that." She thought aloud.

"Well, we aren't." I assured.

"Didn't you hang out with him, alone?" She quirked a brow.

"Brody and Layna were there." I ended that theory.

"That makes it better." She laughed.

"I thought you liked, Jase." I growled.

"I do." She defended herself, placing a hand on her chest.

"Then quit trying to get rid of him." I begged, folding my arms across my stomach.

"I want what's best for you, Kailey. Whether I like the kid or not." She explained, her lips going downward. "I want my little girl happy."

"I am happy." I quickly reply. "I really am."

"I'm just saying, Jase doesn't look at you the same way Luke does." Then she walked off. I rolled my eyes and followed her down stairs.

I guess I should explain myself, huh? I mean it's the same old thing, I hang out with my little group that I have going. Jase bitches at me. We don't talk for a couple of days. Then we get back together, have sex, and we're a happy family again. Well, I decided to hang out with my co workers after work. Jase found out that we were drinking, and GPS'd me with a quickness. Let's just say, I don't really remember that night and I prefer not to talk about it. Jase got physical.

"Alright everyone, let's eat!" Jase hollered, then did a hoot thing that his father did not appreciate. It's weird to have my family, and his family mixed together. My brother's throwing food at each other, while his cousin and sister were more sophisticated at the table. My dad drinking a beer our of the can, while his dad drank it out of a glass. How we both got united in the first place, was a sick joke or something. But I guess the sang is right, opposites attract.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm... :D