Not Meant.

Lunch.

"Kailey." Luke caught me off guard as I stood outside, smoking a cigarette by myself.

"Yes?" I reply, quirking a brow.

"Thanks for inviting me." He thanked, rubbing the back of his neck. His hair is a dark brown, with sections that look like light brown streaks. His beautiful green/blue eyes stared into me, almost like he was taking my soul.

"Don't mention it." I winked then with a laugh I took another hit of my cigarette.

"I want you to meet someone." He abruptly informed, catching me off guard.

"And whom might that be?" I inquire, my lips puckering up.

"A girl I've been seeing, Layna doesn't know what to think of her and I need a feminine opinion. Brody already said she was aye okay in his book." Luke rolled his eyes with a light chuckle as he informed me.

"Cool." I shrugged, staring at the floor. Thinking of Luke dating someone again didn't tickle my fancy, to say the least.

"She supports me wanting to become a cop also." He stated, as if that would help me like her more.

"Sure, bring her around or something and I'll tell you my honest opinion." I suggested and he grinned.

"Thanks." He nodded, then went back inside. I took the last hit of my cigarette and watched him with a sad face.

"Do you think it's wise that you smoke?" Jase appeared out of no where and scared me.

"Quit being sneaky sneaky." I scolded, bending over to pick up the butt. I tossed it in the trash and headed for the house.

"Why? I had to make sure my woman wasn't talking about inappropriate things." He confessed, grabbing my arm. "And I don't want you smoking right now."

"Why not?" I frowned.

"We're trying to have another child, are we not?" He growled, almost as if he was pissed that I would even ask that question and not already know.

"Oh." I muttered, my brows furrowing. "I forgot."

"How can you forget?" He sighed, letting out a deep breath. "Know what never mind."

"Jase." I called but he stormed inside. I slowly followed and put on a fake smile for everyone to see.



A couple of months had passed. Luke surprisingly didn't bring this new girl around, however Layna did talk about her and so did Brody. But the question that has me wondering is why haven't I met her yet? Jase took it upon himself to go into the office more, then come back home and fuck me endlessly. It was until this month that I actually found out I was five months pregnant. The shock of it was intense.

"Pregnant." My mom choked out, sitting in front of me as we ate lunch together.

"Yeah." I nodded with a slight smile, feeling my stomach. Casey sat in the high chair and ate his fries contently.

"And Jase?" She muttered, staring at Casey.

"Not pregnant." I mused but her eyes darted to mine without any humor behind them. "We planned this one."

"Really?" Her breath seemed to have caught in her throat as she slowly closed her eyes and regained her composure. "Why?"

"I think it's about time Casey becomes an older brother." I grinned, touching Casey's hair.

"You're only nineteen." She reminded, and I sighed.

"Yes. But I don't feel nineteen, since I've had Casey my body has been in mommy mode. I'm ready for kids." I explained, and she rolled her eyes.

"Damn it, Kailey. I love you, we're close, I know this. But why do you have to be so damn stupid?" She cried out, taking a long drink of her chocolate shake.

"Mom." I whispered. "I'm financially stable."

"For how long?" She questioned.

"Meaning?" I furrowed my brows, thrown off by this question.

"What happens when Jase decides to move on, you were his first everything. He hasn't dated anyone else really, do you understand how that's going to affect his marriage with you. I mean have you even thought of a date or did he just put that ring on your finger to claim territory?" She snarled. As harsh as she was being right now, I thanked her for it. My eyes were opening, metaphorically, and I just sat there stumped.

"Mom." I started, but then closed my mouth. I stared at my ring, my stomach and then to Casey. "It doesn't matter."

"It does." She corrected, but I shook my head again.

"I am going to enjoy my life, while I can. I haven't dated others either, mom. I'm fine with it." I reminded and she laughed.

"Men are way different, honey." She assured with a weak smile. "I just want you to be prepared, and know that I am happy that you'll be having another grandchild for me. But I wonder to what cost of you."

"Mom." I cried out, and broke down. Seeing tears in her eyes, makes me overly dramatic, especially when it's about me.

"Sweetie." She sniffled, and got up to sit next to me. I curled into her and she wrapped her arm around me.

"How cute." I heard and glanced up to see Luke.

"What do you want?" I growled, wiping my eyes.

"Dang, Kailey." He touched his heart, then sat down.

"Nothing really, meeting someone and saw this lovely scene." He assured, then nodded at Casey. Casey weirdly nodded back and they had an unspoken understanding.

"I worry about your mentality." I giggled, at which Luke just grinned.

"I worry too." He winked, then turned to my mom. "Hey mom."

"Hi sweetie, you coming to Sunday dinner?" She invited and I gasped.

"You haven't even invited me to Sunday dinner." I pouted, and she rolled her eyes.

"You don't need an invite. You know where it is, what time, every Sunday." She reminded and that made me feel low.

"Of course, I work late though." He frowned and my mom giggled.

"None sense sweetie, just head right over after work. Tell your mom to bring that pie she makes." My mom smiled and he nodded.

"Thank you." He appreciated when a beautiful girl walked by. "See you both." He excused himself then quickly rushed up behind her. She screamed, then glared at him before they kissed.

"See, you missed a good guy right there." My mom scolded, then let Casey drink some of her shake.

"Not even." I rolled my eyes and kept cautiously peeking at Luke. That must be the girl he is seeing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm... who likes Luke or Jase more? :] Opinions = lovely <3 thank you.