Not Meant.

Two week notice.

"Two week notice." My boss slowly nodded, then reviewed the reasons and glanced at me. "Really?"

"Yeah." I smiled, biting my bottom lip. I lifted my shirt a bit and he saw the baby bump.

"Congratulations." He grinned, smiling at my stomach. "My wife is having our third." He chuckled, showing pictures.

"So cute!" I squealed, then pulled my phone out. "This is my son."

"Damn, he has your looks." My boss winked, then took in a deep breath. "Okay, I shall accept this. Since you're putting a two week notice, instead of just quitting. You can be a rehire, when ever you decide you want to work again."

"Thank you." I mouthed, at which he nodded.

"Don't forget to come visit." He sternly spoke, with a smile.

"I wont. Thank you again." I appreciate my boss, that's the reason I couldn't just quit. Jase was crazy for thinking I even would do that to him in the first place.

"It's Thomas." He informed, a cheeky grin on his face.

"Thank you, Thomas." I corrected myself and skipped out of his office.

"What were you talking to our boss for?" Layna inquired, casually glancing behind me to Thomas' office.

"I put my two week notice in." I answered, going to the employees office.

"Your two week notice?" She followed me, confusion obvious in her tone.

"Yes." I confirmed.

"Why?" She sighed. I glanced around then lifted my shirt. She gasped and smiled. "Really?!"

"Yeah." I bit my bottom lip, then suddenly her face fell. "What?"

"Have you told Luke?" She furrowed her brows.

"Why would I?" I let out a deep breath.

"I don't know." She shrugged, then glanced at the floor. "I mean, isn't it obvious?"

"What obvious?" I tilted my head to the side. "He has a girl friend."

"Yeah." She shrugged again. "But, I mean come on Kailey. You and Luke, would be amazing."

"Wow, Layna. No." I scolded, then walked off.

"He's my brother." She finally let escape. I paused and turned around.

"What?" I whispered.

"Luke is my older brother." She sighed. "Brody is his best friend, that's how we got together in the first place. That's why they get pissed when they get compared to each other."

"You told me you guys' were all just friends." I groaned.

"I don't remember that." She furrowed her brows. That made me think, did she? I shook my head anyways and walked off. "Kailey."

"Yeah?" I sighed, getting my till out.

"I don't want you upset with me." She frowned. "I should have told you, but."

"But what? Why wasn't he there at that dinner if he is your brother?" I hissed.

"He didn't want to go. He had plans." She answered. "Please, don't be mad."

"I'm not." It was at that moment that I realized I was irritable. I'm getting pissed at Layna for something that I don't even remember if she said to me or not. "I'm sorry."

"It's all good." She assured.

"I just told you things, things I wouldn't want him knowing." I whispered.

"I know, and I haven't told him." She giggled. "It's kind of why I didn't tell you, I liked hearing them. Made me all happy that maybe Luke will find someone that actually appreciates him, and will treat him right." She shrugged then walked off.



Lunch time, finally. I walked to the fast food place that's in the same parking lot and ordered fries. I dipped them in buttermilk ranch and sat there contently. Suddenly Luke came in and ordered his food.

"Hey." He greeted, taking a seat with a smile. "How are you?"

"Good, and you?" I rose a brow and he nodded.

"Not bad, not bad. Ordering food, cant complain." He chuckled, then checked his phone.

"What's wrong?" I ask, peeking over trying to see what the fuss is about.

"I have training tomorrow." He answered.

"Training?" I repeat, and he nodded.

"For the sheriff's. Duh." He chuckled, when his number was called. He got it then came back.

"You're becoming a cop?" I smiled.

"Didn't you remember me in the Explorers?" He laughed.

"It was like over a year ago." I teased, and he chuckled.

"Well, with a face like mine. I'm shocked you could ever forget, baby." He winked then took a bite of his burger.

"So, Layna is your sister?" I abruptly brought up and he almost choked on his burger.

"Ugh." He wiped his mouth then stared at me. "You honestly couldn't tell?" He laughed.

"I really couldn't. I didn't pay attention that much." I explain and he shrugged.

"Not my fault." He mused, then took another bite of his hamburger.

"So when am I meeting your girl friend?" I ask again, yet another time he almost chokes on his burger.

"Can I eat in peace?" He laughed with his mouth full and continued eating. I slightly narrowed my eyes then grabbed my drink. "Don't leave."

"I'm refilling my drink, calm down." I advised, going to the fountain drinks. Why did he change the subject about his girl friend? Did they break up? I returned and took a seat, staring at him intensely. He rose his left brow, then rose his right one and went back n forth at me. At that point I couldn't continue to be upset with him and had to laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun! Small world :D aye?

This totally reminds me of where I live, to be honest.
Everyone seems to either know everyone, or they've met them through friends or family.
OR they're related to them. It's ridiculous!