Not Meant.

Lunch break.

"That burger was delicious." Luke muttered, sitting back holding his stomach.

"I bet." I laughed, checking my phone. Jase was calling. "Hold on."

"Okay." Luke nodded, and I clicked 'send'.

"Yeah?" I answer, placing the phone against my ear.

"What the fuck." Jase's voice snarled on the other end.

"What happened." I groaned, sitting back in the chair.

"Why didn't tell me you were on lunch?" He seemed angry.

"Because it's only forty five minutes. It's about time Casey takes a nap, so I didn't want to bother you." I explained.

"Yeah, instead you'd rather eat with Luke?" He questioned. At that time I looked around, but didn't see Jase.

"How do you know that?" I furrowed my brows.

"Don't ask questions. Does it matter? I understand, Kailey." He sighed.

"It's not like that babe." I assured, then checked the time. "I have to go back to work."

"What ever." Then he hung up. I took in a deep breath and closed my phone.

"Testy." Luke teased, with a grin. "Does he have someone watching you?"

"Shut up." I mused, standing up. Luke stood as well.

"It'd be a shame if they told him about this." Luke teased and grabbed me in a hug.

"Luke!" I squealed, then pushed him away. "Stop, jerk."

"Awe." He held his heart, so I ruffled his hair.

"See you later." I stuck my tongue out at him, he tried to grab it but I quickly moved away.

"See ya." He waved then sat back down for the rest of his lunch. I skipped to work when Nick appeared.

"How cute, cheating on Jase." Nick snickered.

"Kind of like you with Ashlyn?" I quirked a brow, and he paused.

"Shut the fuck up." He spat.

"Make me." I challenged. His dark green eyes narrowed.

"I could do unbearable things to you, and Jase wouldn't believe you. Remember that." He warned.

"Are you threatening me?" I stopped walking and stared at him with my arms folded.

"Not like you could get pregnant, so no need for protection neither." He finally added then stalked off. I was completely shocked that he would even say such things.

"Hey, Kailey." Layna hollered. "Who was that?"

"No one. What do you want?" I spat, not meaning to.

"Geeze." She just walked past me.

"No, sorry. That guy is Jase's friend, he's an ass." I explained and she nodded.

"I understand." She assured. "Well, I'm on lunch. See you later."

"Okay." I waved then walked back to work.



"Get in." Jase groaned, not even bothering to properly greet me.

"Surprised you even showed." I muttered, getting inside. I glanced behind me and Casey wasn't there. "Where's our son?"

"He has a babysitter." Jase hesitantly answered, speeding off. I barely got to buckle my seat belt. Layna, Luke and Brody just watched as we sped away.

"Slow down." I begged and he just snorted.

"Totally." He scoffed, then slammed to a stop at the light.

"Damn, are you that mad?!" I questioned, glaring.

"I heard the fucker gave you a hug. If I didn't speed off, I'd beat his ass." He warned, and I stared at him completely taken back.

"He was just kidding around, Luke has a girl friend." I assured, and Jase sighed.

"Like that matters these days." He frowned. "You have a fiance and you're still allowing other guys give you hugs. You even rustled his hair, all flirtatiously. Thanks, Kailey."

"Jase." I whispered. When you think about it, you'd be pissed too if the person you're with was doing that. That's the reason I couldn't fight this battle. "I'm sorry." Jase didn't say anything, instead he pulled in our driveway into the garage then quickly got out and got the door for me.

"I'm sorry too." He whispered, wrapping me in his arms. "Kailey."

"Yeah?" I bit my bottom lip as our eyes connected. Then I heard Casey crying. Jase quickly rushed inside and I followed.

"What happened?" Jase demanded, as Casey sat on the floor crying.

"He ran and fell." The disgusting voice replied. I glared at Nick as he sat there nonchalantly, watching TV. ...
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Nick is back! lol he hasn't been really in the story for a cool minute.
Any comments? Show some love? Anything? Thanks for reading!
Ps, I just put a chapter out today and already 15 readers... Oooh yeaaaah :D THANK YOU!