Not Meant.

Plans.

I woke up late, and quickly made my way to Casey's room. He wasn't there. I walked down stairs and saw him eating breakfast with Jase.

"Thanks." I appreciated, gesturing to Casey. Jase slowly nodded, then took a bite of his pop tart.

"We should talk about this." He muttered, slowly shifting his eyes to mine. "I was caught up in wanting to be young again. Seeing as I have a second child on the way. Her and I didn't have sex, if that makes it any better."

"How can I believe you?" I choke out.

"Because I only want to have sex with you." He explained. "I could have sex with how many girls while waiting for you? But I didn't. Kailey, I want to be with you. No one else, I was foolish. Okay?"

"All we do is fight." I paused, feeling the tears prick my eyes. I gulped then slowly shifted my eyes back to Jase. "We are foolish, Jase. Last night proved to me that we just aren't..."

"Don't." He begged, tears falling down his cheeks.

"We're holding onto something..." I muttered.

"Preventing the inevitable." He finished, at which I nodded.

"For what?" I ask. "Our son?"

"Maybe we love each other?" He suggested. I couldn't help but snort, and wipe my tears.

"Maybe?" I repeated, and knew at that moment it's best. "I am moving out."

"Where are you going to go?" He whispered.

"I'll figure it out." I rubbed my finger tip on the top of the table and found an interest in it.

"I'll help." He assured. I looked up about to protest but he cut me off. "I am the father of Casey, and soon to be Rodney. I can't allow you to do this all on your own. For the sake of our children."

"Okay." I gave in. Until I can get on my own feet, but as hard as this is- "Casey should stay here."

"What?" He was taken back, and I saw him glance at Casey. "You never wanted him to stay here."

"I'm not financially stable. I have to get a job again, I have to worry about being pregnant. I'll come visit, I can't just bring Casey into my issues. This is my problem, he needs to have a roof under his head and good food. Just take care of him, please." The tears fell down and I leaned forward, with my head in my arms to cover my face.

"Kailey." He whispered, and I felt his hand on my back. "How about we wait until Rodney is born? He'll be born soon."

"I know." I muttered then shifted my eyes to him.

"I'm going to go change Casey." Jase stood, grabbed Casey and left the room. My phone rang and I saw a message from Luke.

Call me asap.

"Hello?" I greeted, immediately dialing Luke.

"I hear you need help?" He replied.

"I can't intrude." I muttered, standing and going outside.

"You're not intruding if I'm offering." He chuckled.

"Stop, Luke. It's not funny." I cried out.

"I know it's not funny, I just want to help you out." He assured.

"Why?" I frowned, even though he couldn't see me. "I haven't talked to you in so long."

"Doesn't mean I haven't thought about you, or you about me." He didn't make much sense, but I knew what he meant. "Doesn't mean it changed anything between us. Good friends are always good friends, not about how often they see each other, but for how often they're not in each other's lives and when they reunite it's like nothing changed."

"I'm having a baby sometime this month or next." I reminded.

"I can handle that." He assured.

"I don't know." I muttered.

"I'll pick you up for dinner, and we'll talk about it. Okay?" He suggested.

"..Okay."
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you think it's wrong of Kailey to accept Luke's offer? And why do you think Luke is taking on this responsibility? Has he thought of Kailey? It may seem unrealistic, but things like this does happen to people. I've been there for good friends of mine when we haven't talked in so long... None the less, comments are loved. <3 Thank you.