Not Meant.

Dinner with Luke.

"Where are you going?" Jase inquired, as I got dressed.

"Dinner." I answered, letting out a deep breath.

"With?" He frowned, intensely watching me.

"A friend." I muttered. It was weird not telling Jase everything, but then again we basically broke up earlier. I took in a deep breath and opened my phone, planning to cancel with Luke.

"Occasion?" Jase was so concerned, is he afraid that I have moved on in the same day? He's the one that cheated on me. I groaned at my thoughts then turned to him.

"Us." I sighed, grabbing my bag. "I'll be back later."

"Kailey." He grabbed my wrist.

"Yes?" I stared at the floor, but listened for his response.

"Be safe, and don't come back later than ten." He sounded like my father now.

"Okay." I nodded, and slipped out of his grip. I went to Casey's room and kissed his forehead then walked out.

</3

I felt weird going to dinner with Luke, even if it wasn't that kind of dinner.

"So." Luke muttered, after we sat at our table.

"So." I repeated, staring at the menu.

"What's going on? Layna told me to talk to you as soon as possible." He confessed his resource, at which I groaned. Of course it was Layna.

"Nothing." I muttered, chewing the inside of my lip.

"I want to help you." He sincerely informed.

"I don't need help." I lied, when in reality I did. Just not from him.

"I talked to my land lord, at the apartments I live in. He's a cool guy, along with his wife. They're both understanding and as long as you sign a paper promising that once you get a job, you'll pay them rent." He explained. I was expecting him to want me to move in with him, but this threw me off.

"Wait." I put the menu down and connected eyes with him. "You did what?"

"They don't focus on money, they own a lot of apartment complexes. Fancy and run down ones. Mine aren't the most fancy, but it's safe for children." He glanced at my stomach then looked back to my eyes. "Plus my apartment is next to yours, so if you ever needed anything; I'm right there. They empathizes with you, because they started from nothing and went through hard times as well."

"Wow." I breathed out, feeling tears in my eyes. For once someone didn't want to do everything for me, they're allowing me to do it on my own but with their help. Meaning he set it up for me to work my ass off and prove myself to these people, when Jase would just pay for the apartment or my parents would just force me to move in with them. It was refreshing and it let me be an adult.

"So?" He chuckled, looking down at the table with a smile. "I told them I'd give you their number."

"Thank you." I sincerely said, reaching over and grabbed his hand. "Thank you so much."

"It's no big deal, Kailey." He shrugged, staring at our hands with a smile then shifted his eyes to mine. "Just know I am here for you. Okay?"

"Okay." I nodded then returned my hand to my lap. I checked out the menu then contently put it down.

;D

Dinner was nice, and Luke gave me the number to those people. So, I made a plan to call them tomorrow because it's too late right now. Luke drove me back to my place, and I got out.

"Thank you again." I repeated for what felt like the millionth time.

"You're welcome, Kailey. Now, get some rest." He advised, blowing me a kiss then laughed. I rolled my eyes and opened the front door. I peeked over my shoulder and as I went inside he finally drove off.

"Luke, huh?" Jase's voice came. I tightly closed my eyes then locked the door.

"We were just talking." I assured, not that it was Jase's business anyways.

"Yeah." He snorted. "I bet."

"Stop." I begged.

"You're living in my house, and you're going to date around?" He snarled, obviously hurt by his own assumptions.

"I am not dating anyone." I groaned, annoyed by Jase's jealousy.

"Oh then what would you call that?" He inquired, crossing his arms over his chest and stared at me.

"I'm sorry if every female that's a friend of yours, you have to get sexual with. But I on the other hand, don't do that." I retorted, then started up the stairs. "Not that I would expect you to know what it's like to not fuck around."

I guess you could say, we were officially over.
♠ ♠ ♠
hahahahaa ...that is all.