Not Meant.

Not so pleasant dinner.

A year, a complete year. Casey runs around acting like he owns the place, and Rodney follows right behind him. Jase and I only talk when we take our kids to each other, and Luke is a big help.

"Kailey!" Luke hollered, standing in front of the mirror while buttoning his shirt. Now if you're wondering about him and I, no we haven't gone steady. We haven't even kissed! But we have moved into an actual house that we're renting. It's small but nice.

"Yes?" I smiled, leaning against the door frame.

"Does this look alright?" He inquired, glancing over his shoulder at me.

"Depends, what's the occasion?" I quirked a brow, fixing his collar.

"You remember that girl that came over the other day? Wanting to tell us that she's watching over her Aunt's house?" He chuckled. My breath caught in my throat. "Well her brother wants to talk business with me about opening a Mechanics shop together."

"Thought you're a cop now?" I teased and he chuckled.

"I can balance two jobs, don't you think?" He suggested, at which I laughed.

"I suppose." Relief ran through me subtly, as I stared at Luke. "You look nice."

"Thank you." He kissed my forehead then walked out of the room. Casey ran to Luke and Rodney followed, then got distracted by a pillow. "When is Jase coming?"

"He should be here any minute actually." I frowned, running a hand through my hair.

"You two still aren't talking since what happened last year?" Luke questioned, tilting his head to the side. Jase asked me back, and I said no. It was an intense moment, because he actually got physical. Ever since then, Luke is around when we drop the kids off to each other.

"Yeah." I muttered, chewing the inside of my lip.

"Time has flown by." Luke sighed, staring down at the boys.

"Yeah." I repeated, a weak smile appearing on my face. Suddenly there was a knock at the door, and the little hope of happiness went away. "I'll get it."

"Hey." Jase greeted, glancing behind me to Luke; then returned his eyes to mine.

"Hi." I replied.

"Bec!" Casey hollered and ran towards the door, looking out. I furrowed my brows in curiosity but shook it off and stared at Jase.

"Can we talk alone, real quick?" He asked, at which I looked at Luke.

"I'll watch the boys." Luke nodded, calling Casey back over to him. I closed the door behind me, and stood on the porch with my arms folded across my chest.

"So?" I mumbled, clearing my throat. "What did you want to talk about?"

"I want you to meet someone." He paused, then stared at the floor.

"Who?" I asked, and he let out a deep breath.

"Just come with Luke to my house tonight." His expression was almost begging, so I simply nodded. Jase opened the door and grabbed the boys. I held onto Rodney as he put Casey in his seat. "I'm glad we don't have to go to court over them."

"Yeah." I agreed, that was one thing I had to admit about Jase. He has all the money, and could easily manipulate a judge. Especially with the Laud last name, there would be no contest there.

"Well, I'll see you tonight hopefully." He added, clipping Rodney in now. "Be safe."

"You too." I stepped back as he got inside his car, started it and drove off. I watched with sadness. How come time flew by so fast? I remember just yesterday being seventeen and telling Jase I wouldn't have sex with him til I was an adult. Now look at me.

"Kailey?" Luke called. Slowly I went to him. "What did he want?"

"He wants us to go to his house for dinner tonight. I'm not sure why." I answered, chewing the inside of my lip.

"Maybe he wants to maturely talk about things?" Luke suggested, a small smile coming across his face.

"Do you think?" I furrowed my brows, at which he laughed.

"You worry too much." He cooed, wrapping his arms around me.

"Yeah." I muttered, closing my eyes. Why didn't Luke just make a move? Was he afraid? I leaned my head back and stared into his eyes. Both of us silent. Was he wanting me to do it first? So that he wouldn't be afraid to get rejected? I felt my brows pull together and slowly he released me.

"I better get going." He cleared his throat, rustling my hair and walked out.

"Luke!" I hollered. "What time will you be back?"

"Four?" He estimated.

"Okay." I smiled, which he returned.

"I'll send you a text letting you know when I'm on my way." He assured.

"Thanks." I grinned, walking into my room. I stared at my schedule. I don't work for the next two days, finally. I've been working like crazy, and poor Layna has been coming to babysit. Even my sister has brought her kids over and babysat. Not that she likes it, since she lives in a fancy house and I don't. However she does, and sometimes I'll even drop the kids off to her. Because Jase ruined our contact.

...

"I'm glad you two could make it." Jase greeted, giving us both a hug.

"Glad to be invited." Luke casually replied, then smiled at the boys.

"What's this about?" I asked, feeling antsy about this whole situation.

"I want more time with the boys." Jase skipped the whole 'how are you doing' blah, blah that he usually does.

"How much more time?" I frowned, glancing at our sons as they played.

"I miss having them when you worked." He paused, taking a second to stare at the two then returned his attention to me. "I want that back."

"Okay." I nodded, he was only doing me a favor to be honest.

"Plus, I want to take them to New York." He also added. My heart thumped one loud thump, and I felt like I was going to fall down.

"What?" I choked out, taking a seat.

"Rebeca wants to." The look on his face meant he didn't want to tell me that part yet as he stopped talking.

"Rebeca?" I repeated.

"Bec!" Casey ran, looking around the place.

"So Bec is a girl?" I choked out. Why did that hurt?

"Yes." Jase confirmed, as Rodney sat on his lap playing with a toy.

"How old is she?" I felt my jaw clench, as I did my best to remain calm.

"Our age." He answered. Our eyes never leaving each other.

"Does she have kids?"

"No."

"Does she even want kids?"

"Yes."

"You two serious?"

"What does that have to do with you?" Jase hissed, setting Rodney on the ground. "You can't be jealous now, Kailey. I have finally moved on, just as you have. You didn't even take long, I took a whole year."

"Please! I bet she was the tramp that you cheated on me with!" I screamed back.

"Kailey hasn't moved on." Luke abruptly butted in.

"Luke." I whispered.

"Don't lie." Jase laughed. "I see how she looks at you, how you are with the kids. Luke." Jase spat, then turned his attention to me. "I'm just telling you that I'm taking them to New York. Possibly for a week, they'll be fine. I assure you."

"I don't want them going." I cried out.

"You don't have a say." He warned. "I get what I want."

"Then I want to go to court." I warned.

"Like you'll even win, Kailey. Do you forget who I am?" Jase scoffed, his head went back as he laughed. "Do you forget these things? I am Jase Laud, I have all the say in what happens. I have been lenient with you. Now that I personally don't care about you, slowly as each day, each month goes by, I am now going to do what I want."

"Stop." I begged, tears pricking my eyes. "Don't do this. Don't be scum."

"According to you, I already am." He retorted. Luke stayed silent and just watched.

"This isn't fair." I snarled.

"Life isn't fair." Jase reminded, then glanced at our boys.

"How could you do this to our sons." I shook my head.

"Do what?" I caught his attention, but I wasn't sure if it was in the way I was hoping.

"Do this." I motioned to him and I. "Us fighting isn't good for them, you pulling the fact that you're rich and a stupid Laud isn't going to mean anything to them when they get older."

"You aren't making sense, Kailey. I'm just fine and this was how I was raised. Except, my parents actually stayed together." He explained, a small smile playing across his lips. "Or else she would've been killed."

"Excuse me." I gulped down the lump that formed in my throat.

"I didn't stutter, Kailey. Our family doesn't take this." He motioned to us. "Lightly."

"Is that a threat?" Luke finally jumped in the conversation.

"I don't see it as such." Jase shook his head, that cocky expression on his face. "I wanted this dinner to be a nice one, but I see you both are busy. Enjoy your night." That was his way of kicking us out. I gave Casey and Rodney a hug, then left with Luke.

"Do you think it was safe to leave them with him?" I asked Luke as we got inside his vehicle.

"He wouldn't harm his own sons, they're not the ones I'm worried about." He answered started the vehicle and sped off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun... I wonder how many chapters this story is going to go, before I get bored and end it. I already have the ending in mind, it's been written basically. I'm just setting it up. :] And most of you will probably be upset hahaha