Not Meant.

How I roll.

After the kid party, I told Jase to keep the kids for another night. I'll pick them up soon, and went back to my house. I hugged my parents, thanked them for the ride, and went inside.

"So?" Luke inquired, sitting on the couch in a long sleeve with pajama pants on.

"Waited up for me?" I observed and he chuckled.

"Why wouldn't I?" He rose a brow.

"Not sure." I muttered, closing the door behind me and locked it.

"Something wrong?" He asked with a worried expression.

"I just wonder if I was something serious to you, or an experiment." I thought aloud, opening my bag.

"Meaning?" He inquired.

"Well I thought when we talked about my kids not being your kids, you said it didn't matter. Right?' I questioned.

"Yes." He nodded.

"When we touched each other, and cuddled. I thought it was something serious." I whispered, feeling the tears.

"What happened, Kailey." Luke wasn't even curious, he was demanding now.

"This is what happened!" I grabbed the envelope and tossed it on the floor, the pictures falling out.

"Ah." He muttered, sitting up now. He glanced at the photos once, then turned his attention to me. "It's true."

"You aren't going to say anything else? Explain?" My voice cracked out, and he just sighed.

"I am bi sexual, Kailey. But right now, I am seeing this guy. I care about you, I look after you. But, you will always love Jase. I can tell that already. I tried, I seriously tried. My feelings for you haven't gone away, but to save myself... I must distant my heart." He admitted, standing up.

"I do not love..." I stopped myself from saying his name, at which Luke laughed.

"You do love." He nodded. "You just don't love me."

"Luke." I whispered, looking at the floor.

"No, Kailey. I could've lead you on, I could have lied to myself. But, if you care about me, then you know that wouldn't be right." He whispered, wrapping me in his arms.

"I know." I agreed. Luke deserves the best, and maybe he has a point. Jase is the father of my children, and right now I'm not ready to move on. "Does this change anything here?"

"Of course not. Unless you want it too? Those boys are my life, and living here means a lot to me." He smiled, causing me to smile.

"Thank you." I muttered, resting my cheek against his chest.

"No problem."



That next day, Luke and I went to get the kids.

"So." Jase chuckled, eying Luke down. "I should have known."

"Yep." Luke shrugged, watching me as I collected the boys.

"Don't touch my boys though." Jase spoke with such a serious tone.

"Jase." I scolded, narrowing my eyes.

"Just because I am with a man, doesn't mean I am a pedophile, Jase." Luke calmly explained. "That's like you not being around Lesley because you are straight."

"I didn't see it that way." Jase muttered, embarrassment showing. "I'm sorry."

"No worries." Luke chuckled.

"Drive home safe." Jase added, then closed the door. Luke helped me put the boys in the car, then we went back home.

"That wasn't awkward." I sighed, staring out the window.

"If it was me, I would've said the same thing. "Luke assured.

"Would you have really?" I furrowed my brows.

"Of course, I don't want anything happening to my future kids. Jase was just being a good father. He's never liked me, and he wanted to lay the law down, for his children's sake. I mean is it wrong, but as you could tell, he didn't think of it the other way around with your niece." Luke explained, another good trait about him. Most would be pissed off, and find that offensive. However Luke just gave Jase a perfect example that makes sense as well, and dealt with it maturely.

"You're better than me, I probably would've went off." I laughed.

"That's not how I roll baby." He winked and then we made it back to our house.
♠ ♠ ♠
:] Thoughts?