Status: working

Blog It Out

Mistakes

We all make mistakes in our lives. Some have effects that happen right away, others take a few years to hold effect. We don't see the mistake until it folds out before us. I guess you could say the night we drank to our success, we were in the end we were drinking to our mistakes to be.
My mistake happened when I asked Wendall to leave the rest of the whiskey for me. I wasn't going to drink it, but the smell of Jagarmeister reminded me of home when dad would let Ben and I have a sip on special nights.
My mistake was also leaving it out for Nikki to see when she got home. Hers was knocking if off my dresser and on to my bed where I was sleeping. Then, in her drunk state, dropping her lite cig on me. Needless to say, I woke up when she dumped water on my head, drowning the fire.
"Why are you smoking in here in the first place?" I yelled looking at my hair in the mirror. the whole left side was burnt and singed up to my ear. There was no hope to save it.
Nikki slurred something like an apology.
"You're lucky the fire alarms didn't go off. Now put that thing out before we get in trouble."
I'm going to admit my next move wasn't the smartest I've made. I just couldn't stand to wake up tomorrow with my hair the way that it was. I took my scissors and I cut the rest of it off. Yes it was highly uneven, but it needed to be down. After the last stand was cut, I think my hair looked even worse.
"Oh shit," I said, shaking my head to try to wake from the nightmare. There was no hope. I had just burnt and butchered my hair to the point of no return.
"I'll pay for a new hair cut-" I cut Nikki off before she finished.
"Don't. Just forget it. I'll get it fixed if you stop smoking okay? Be grateful it was my hair and not the whole building"
One that note we headed to bed with lack of sleep.
The next few mistakes I wasn't present for, but from what I could tell this is what happened.
Christans new shoes ended up pinching his feet so bad that he had to take them off before they go home. Turns out that there was a broken bottle by the car. It goes unsaid as to what happened next.
But that night Wendall went along with his plan and asked Ammy to marry him.
He cooked her favorite meal, which was taught to him by her mother. And so that night she came home to candles and flowers, the whole deal. Any girl would have been flooded with love and joy, but not Ammy. She was actually pissed.
From what I heard, that's not what she wanted. Turns out she wanted a night in Paris, moonlight shining off the ring as he asked the question. She freaked out, throw the dinner across the kitchen. Causing Wendall to call me that night after my hair cut.
"Kerl? Can you come over?"
I was still sleepy but I could hear him crying. "Wendy, what's wrong?"
"Please just come over," He was kinda begging now. "Ben and Chris are out, and I just need someone here with me."
My biggest mistake of that night, and probably of my life. "Yeah, sweetie I'll be right over."
It wasn't a long drive back to the house. Yet, when I got there Wendall was already drunk.
"She left me," I didn't even get through the door before he sobbed out the whole story.
"I've been with her my whole life. I don't know anything without her," He started pouring shots, instinctively I took them.
"I mean its been 17 years, why should she leave me know?"
Let me explain something here. I was born and raised in Germany where the legal drinking age is 16. In no way am I promoting underage drinking. Yet, I will admit that I drank a lot that night listening Wendall. Soon, we were both at the point where the following seemed like a good idea.
I don't know who kissed who, but there we were. Lip locked and not caring about it. Wendall picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him. He carried me up stairs, I didn't notice till my head hit the pillow.
"Are we really gonna do this?" I asked. We are friends, Wendall is depressed, was this a good idea?
"Just enjoy it," Wendall was undressing me now. "We are both adults. And single. Let this happen."
"Where's Ben and Chris?"
"At the Hospital. Chris step on glass."
With that being said, I don't need to explain what happened next.
Wendall locked the door, and if the guys came home well, they would have thought I was Ammy.
That night was just that. Yes it was amazing. It was the next morning where shit hit the fan.